Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Better Gear!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Have you noticed that gear from vendors are almost never good. They only give you one stat and then that stat isn't any good. Vendors should give better gear because it's erasing the point of buying gear when it's so bad. I don't want to farm good gear for the rest of my life. What's your opinion?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
Have you noticed that gear from vendors are almost never good. They only give you one stat and then that stat isn't any good. Vendors should give better gear because it's erasing the point of buying gear when it's so bad. I don't want to farm good gear for the rest of my life. What's your opinion?
The gear from vendors is just enough to get you by until you can win something better. If you want the good stuff ya gotta work for it. Not everything in the game is designed to be easily bought. Working for your goal is one of the lessons the game teaches. It is precisely why some really cool gear is also no trade and only the pirate that won it can use it. When you see someone with it you know that they had to win it in a fight the hard way, not just buy it. Even using a second chance chest is still using this concept as you have to do the fight to get to that chest. It builds character and that is always good.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
The gear from vendors is just enough to get you by until you can win something better. If you want the good stuff ya gotta work for it. Not everything in the game is designed to be easily bought. Working for your goal is one of the lessons the game teaches. It is precisely why some really cool gear is also no trade and only the pirate that won it can use it. When you see someone with it you know that they had to win it in a fight the hard way, not just buy it. Even using a second chance chest is still using this concept as you have to do the fight to get to that chest. It builds character and that is always good.
I don't mean really good gear with powers I just mean ok gear. Like in the bazaar. Some of that gear should be able to be bought from vendors. Vendors are cheaper.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh I agree with you on that. It is easier and cheaper sometimes, its's just that one of the things the game is trying to instill in its players is to have goals and actually work for them. Having everything handed to you all the time is not very good for character building. Working for what you really want really makes you appreciate it more and feel better about yourself for accomplishing it.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Yes you have to work for it.
And sometimes vendors gear is good you just want to cheap out
And you don't need to farm I at lvl 27 somehow got a hat giving 40+ health off deal monte fleet in monquistia you can get good gear even in regular fights its about luck and you high roller need more coins if your saying vendors are cheaper than the bizzare

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The Bazaar is actually cheaper than a vendor for common Items that the vendors sell. It's the rare things in the bazaar that are costly. And usually the better items available in the Bazaar are more rare because people buy them soon after they get in the market.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013