Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Biggest Defeat

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
What's the biggest loss your pirate ever had? It doesn't even have to be a fight it could just be an embarassing thing that you did in the game. Mine would have to be when I got beat by a swashbuckler........Oh by the way my team outnumbered him 2 to 1.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
What's the biggest loss your pirate ever had? It doesn't even have to be a fight it could just be an embarassing thing that you did in the game. Mine would have to be when I got beat by a swashbuckler........Oh by the way my team outnumbered him 2 to 1.
Scratch that. My biggest defeat was when I kept on getting beaten by those scorpions in arroyo grande.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Scratch that. My biggest defeat was when I kept on getting beaten by those scorpions in arroyo grande.
OH I can relate to ya there. *Hands a tankard of commiserating yum*
My first Pirate through was my privateer, then my witchdoctor. They powered right through them. Then my musketeer entered that dusty valley. She kept finding herself at the life fountain, repeatedly . The same for my buccaneer.
Those scorpions have a really humbling effect on you and your crew. It was either the generousness of friends or leaving them alone until I did more side quests and grew up a bit.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Had to be General Tso. I lost count of how many times I did that fight that before I got lucky and finished it with only 15 health left. But man, that chicken sure was tasty!

We went out for Chinese that night, you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam Underhill on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Had to be General Tso. I lost count of how many times I did that fight that before I got lucky and finished it with only 15 health left. But man, that chicken sure was tasty!

He was one tough fortune cookie for sure and did indeed give my pirate a run for his yuan.

Thanks for clearing things up, I was at first horrified by the implications- that is before reading the last line of the post. I too love me some Chinese food....it is just Tso good!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:

Lol, Oh Sam, You are such a rogue. Don't ever change.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Scarlet: Mine was definitely the Hydra. It was a huge blow to my pride and-
Angel: (-_-') You had help with it, remember?
Scarlet: Well yeah, but I got defeated by it when I tried to solo it and then the objective wouldn't appear the first time I called someone to help!
Angel: Excuses, excuses. I can at least boast that I haven't been defeated yet.
Alura: You know that's not saying much. You're a level five pirate.
Angel: So? I'm still undefeated! I-
Alura: Anyways, while I'm talking I might as well join in. My biggest defeat was probably at the Armada's hands. I forgot to knock out the Servus guys in the chamber where we met Phule. I guess I'm lucky that the price on my companion's heads was low enough that they could help me outta there.
Angel: Will you let me finish?
Scarlet: I don't think she will.
Angel: x Glares at Alura x
Alura: x Smiles sweetly at Angel x Anyways, thanks for listening to us. I know it must be a boring task-
Angel: It can't be boring if we're in the story!
Scarlet: Will the both of you stop it before I have to bring out the old photo albums and tell the audience some stories about you guys? I'm nice, but I'm still mean enough to be the mean older sister of the group!
Angel + Alura: x They both glare at Scarlet but they keep their mouths shut x
Angel: x When Scarlet turns back to the pirates they were talking to, he mutters x She calls herself nice and yet she threatens to embarrass us. What kind of older sister is she anyways?
Scarlet: Sorry about that. Siblings can be annoying after all. Anyways, we all wish you a good day and fair winds in your travels!
Angel + Alura: Agreed!

Captain
May 13, 2011
Scarlet Freeman on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
Scarlet: Mine was definitely the Hydra. It was a huge blow to my pride and-
Angel: (-_-') You had help with it, remember?
Scarlet: Well yeah, but I got defeated by it when I tried to solo it and then the objective wouldn't appear the first time I called someone to help!
Angel: Excuses, excuses. I can at least boast that I haven't been defeated yet.
Alura: You know that's not saying much. You're a level five pirate.
Angel: So? I'm still undefeated! I-
Alura: Anyways, while I'm talking I might as well join in. My biggest defeat was probably at the Armada's hands. I forgot to knock out the Servus guys in the chamber where we met Phule. I guess I'm lucky that the price on my companion's heads was low enough that they could help me outta there.
Angel: Will you let me finish?
Scarlet: I don't think she will.
Angel: x Glares at Alura x
Alura: x Smiles sweetly at Angel x Anyways, thanks for listening to us. I know it must be a boring task-
Angel: It can't be boring if we're in the story!
Scarlet: Will the both of you stop it before I have to bring out the old photo albums and tell the audience some stories about you guys? I'm nice, but I'm still mean enough to be the mean older sister of the group!
Angel + Alura: x They both glare at Scarlet but they keep their mouths shut x
Angel: x When Scarlet turns back to the pirates they were talking to, he mutters x She calls herself nice and yet she threatens to embarrass us. What kind of older sister is she anyways?
Scarlet: Sorry about that. Siblings can be annoying after all. Anyways, we all wish you a good day and fair winds in your travels!
Angel + Alura: Agreed!
nice story. i guess that happens when you have more than one pirate eh?

anyway, mine gotta be the scorpions. not very newbie friendly creatures

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
General Tso by far. I had 2 health left. I am just very thankful that i have many health buffs and that i am a very dodgy swashbuckler. I had lost all my crew. My my, that was one heck of a fight!

-Silver Fiona

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
nice story. i guess that happens when you have more than one pirate eh?

anyway, mine gotta be the scorpions. not very newbie friendly creatures
Yeah, these siblings are always competing to see who can be the best and, unfortunately they all want to win because their pride, ego and reputation as a calculating captain wouldn't let them lose.

And I agree with those who have said that their worst defeat was the scorpions. Those little bugs are not very fun to face.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Frozenmuskets on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
General Tso by far. I had 2 health left. I am just very thankful that i have many health buffs and that i am a very dodgy swashbuckler. I had lost all my crew. My my, that was one heck of a fight!

-Silver Fiona
If you finished the fight with 2 health left then it wasn't a defeat at all. It was a glorious, well fought for and hard won victory. Any battle you walk away from, even if only the captain does it, is a resounding win. My congratulations of a well fought battle that you persevered in and soundly won.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
The big Sky buffaloons and dark moor shipsthey were darn tough
Also igot themidnight bandits clothes and sold them well at least I got lots of gold off that one

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
getting beaten again and again and again by no wei and no hao in moo shu

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Don't you mean Old Scratch that?

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
My worst defeat (or should I say, defeats) was in the Coliseum at the hands of Samocles and... um... that other eagle guy in the beginning of my gladiator training. Don't get me wrong, musketeers are amazing at backing up their companions and causing massive damage to multiple enemies, but they are extremely weak in a solo fight, especially against melee opponents. All we can really do is drop a bunch of bombs and hope that they get stepped on. I had to try that sigil five or six times before I finally won.
-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer

Ensign
Jan 19, 2011
Mine was probably some Scarakeets in the Terra Primata skyway. Their "Second Chance" talent can get REALLY annoying sometimes. And yes, those scorpions in the Arroyo Grande. It's sort of hard to get around them.

Quick Melody Nightngale, Level 21

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TackUpwind on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
My worst defeat (or should I say, defeats) was in the Coliseum at the hands of Samocles and... um... that other eagle guy in the beginning of my gladiator training. Don't get me wrong, musketeers are amazing at backing up their companions and causing massive damage to multiple enemies, but they are extremely weak in a solo fight, especially against melee opponents. All we can really do is drop a bunch of bombs and hope that they get stepped on. I had to try that sigil five or six times before I finally won.
-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer
Yes good point. I have learned to run around and get them to chase me into new bombs and traps. This strategy doesn't work well when your enemies are long range shooters.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Old Scratch with my first pirate. I was with two other pirates, and none of us could get close enough to attack Old Scratch, we were stuck in front of his minions. We each died and came back three or four times before we actually beat him.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
well my biggest defeat was at the hands of the dragoons on rooke's ship, i chose all bison as my companions( i was max) and didnt realize they could bomb until all for bombed and took out half the health on all my bison, needless to say i wasted an hour

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Melody Fisher on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Old Scratch with my first pirate. I was with two other pirates, and none of us could get close enough to attack Old Scratch, we were stuck in front of his minions. We each died and came back three or four times before we actually beat him.
He is hard with other classes but with witchdoctors its easy with ghostwail

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Michael Radcliffe: "Well, I've only been defeated like 5-6 times. My biggest defeat was that darn Hydra in Aquila! I soloed it, but I recommend having friends to kill that pesky Ebon Head! That was my biggest defeat by far. Now, if we're talking about super-huge battles in wars..........there are a few, however, that is for another time when you guys figure out just exactly who I am!" Hint: my homeworld's name begins with an E.

Captain
May 13, 2011
for my privateer, fishy terry morris, it must have been gortez. because of him, terry was second to last pirate to get out of skull island. last one beat him first try

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
for my privateer, fishy terry morris, it must have been gortez. because of him, terry was second to last pirate to get out of skull island. last one beat him first try
I beat gortez first try it wasn't easy but I only lost companion sorry old scratch and I eventually beat him