Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

May I speak flankly

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
Let me start by saying that I love the flank ability. But I have noticed that the flank doesn't work on the ettins. I am not sure if this is a problem with the program or if it is because of certain creatures (the ones with two heads) can snub this ability? Can anybody answer this for me?

Administrator
Hi! It is working as intended that Ettins cannot be flanked (they have two heads after all ). In an upcoming update we are going to more clearly state this with an epic talent icon so that when you mouse over them, this ability won't be as hidden from you.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Butterblitz on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
Let me start by saying that I love the flank ability. But I have noticed that the flank doesn't work on the ettins. I am not sure if this is a problem with the program or if it is because of certain creatures (the ones with two heads) can snub this ability? Can anybody answer this for me?
Welcome to the message boards Butterblitz . I just love the pun in your topic. You are gonna fit right in with this zaney family.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I understand about when a character moves to a Flanking position and does damage with the Flanking talent/power. If they are in a Flanking position when it is their turn (and they didn't move), why don't they still do Flanking Damage?

Developer
SlightlyMadWizard on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I understand about when a character moves to a Flanking position and does damage with the Flanking talent/power. If they are in a Flanking position when it is their turn (and they didn't move), why don't they still do Flanking Damage?
Because the enemy knows you're there.

Keep moving!

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I have been looking in the Player's Guide and have not been able to see any mention of the Flanking ability, especially how and when it triggers. My experience suggests that the Flanker must sandwich the enemy with another Melee character (I have tried using Bonnie Anne and it hasn't worked). Is this the only way to trigger the Flanking attack?

I also want to suggest a search feature in the Player's Guide to make it easier to find things.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
I cant give you much advice on Flanking but i did love the pun you threw out for the title... well played

Captain
May 16, 2011
SlightlyMadWizard on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I have been looking in the Player's Guide and have not been able to see any mention of the Flanking ability, especially how and when it triggers. My experience suggests that the Flanker must sandwich the enemy with another Melee character (I have tried using Bonnie Anne and it hasn't worked). Is this the only way to trigger the Flanking attack?

I also want to suggest a search feature in the Player's Guide to make it easier to find things.
I'm pretty sure Flanking only works if a melee character is on one side of the enemy, and another melee character is on the opposite side. This works for crossfire too, only melee is changed to ranged. Also, if an enemy walks in between two melee characters, flanking works then too.

Cheers!