Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctors need a buff.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
I am a witchdoctor level 57 and I was pvping a buccaner (Same level). He moved across the board in his first turn. I could not curse him at all and I did when he was 1 space away from me. My companions were getting blocked and he did his critical attack on me it did like 750 damage! I tryed to get my bonnie to heal the damage up but she only got 450 health back. So his companions finally got over there and started attacking me. I died and all my companions were almost dead. Eventually he won the battle so this is what I am asking.
witchdoctors need a buff! I know that we are suppose to be a low defense but its TO low all my clothes are worked up to buff it but it never cuts it.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
David percy on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
I am a witchdoctor level 57 and I was pvping a buccaner (Same level). He moved across the board in his first turn. I could not curse him at all and I did when he was 1 space away from me. My companions were getting blocked and he did his critical attack on me it did like 750 damage! I tryed to get my bonnie to heal the damage up but she only got 450 health back. So his companions finally got over there and started attacking me. I died and all my companions were almost dead. Eventually he won the battle so this is what I am asking.
witchdoctors need a buff! I know that we are suppose to be a low defense but its TO low all my clothes are worked up to buff it but it never cuts it.
Strange, i never see anyone compaining about buccaneers in pvp. But anyway.
When he got a critical and did 750 damage on you, you should have used mojo reaver. On my level 44 witchdoctor without any buffs, mojo reaver does around 697 damage to buccaneer/swashbucklers (No resistance).
Considering you're level 57, you have charm. You should charm him and watch him run all the way across the board and use 'Mighty, brutal or vicious charge' deal some damage on his own team.
If your companions couldn't hit, maybe you should uses more musketeers. Perhaps your samoori musketeer (after general tso) would be good to use, and any other musketeer companions. I especially reccomend bringing............ El Toro (Da-da-da!)
If you didn't know, swashbucklers are buccaneer killers. They have naturally higher dodge plus do more damage. In a battle between el toro and the buccaneer, it would go somewhat along the lines of this.
El Toro: Attack-First strike- block vengance strike- riposte- relentless- relentless- relentless- block vengance- block vengance.
Witchdoctors do not need a buff! If you're losing, it's because of your companion choice. The witchdoctor pirate is excellent, especially against melee classes.
Use your great juju, then go for a mournsong. Bring a five range weapon from the bazaar. With spirit sight that's six, and if using an aoe you could hit units from seven squares away!
Witchdoctors are closer to 'Op' than 'Up', if anything buccaneers need a buff.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 44

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Actuallyare very strong,if you know how to use them
Ask yourself these questions
Have my companions been up to my level
Have they all been into their most recent tier
Do you have good enough gear
Do I need help in the game itself
Did you go back to the trainer madamevadima .
I have beaten several people in pvp
2same level
Several more people too
My is op
I can help you farm for the gear that you need

See you in the spiral

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
There are lots of places to farm for gear for witchdoctors. You can get your own buffs, from Will buffs to what ever buff you want for the favorite companions you use, to Valor's Armor and Valor's shield. My Witchdoctor got three Valor's Armor just fighting in Clark's house in Cool Ranch. The buffs are out there for you in non auction gear that you can farm for. You can make your Witchdoctor a force to be reckoned with just by investing some time into him.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Witchdoctors already have a buff....Juju. It is arguably the best in the game.

If you are referring to Privateer like defensive buffs, try getting gear with those spells. I personally keep a level 15 item equipped on my level 65 Witchdoctor simply because it allows me to cast Valor's Armor.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Whitchdoctors arnt meant to be tanks like buccaneers
The companions need to protect you that's why I use my longrange spells first then summon a skeleton then get into the action while my companions take down the pirates and companions I come in
Whitchdoctors need high health clothing at lvl 24 I have 931 health and happiness even lots of strength agility and will.
You need your companions to really just do high damage and have high health and withcdoctor are hard to deafeat unless facing privateer but other classes are doomed

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Anyway you see if you had chosen old scratch summoned a skeletal pirate then you summoned 2 others then used long range spells then go on there with mono blasts and baldes and your own weapon withcdoctor are actually the best class because you can get privateer skills by doing zekes quests there you have it
Lvl 26 withcdoctor honest darius oswald
Big Sky shaman