Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Error

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
Hello!
My sister is trying to get a Pirate101 account. When she logs in, and then presses play, it says 'Pirate101 graphical client failed to star. Error.' What can I do to resolve this? Thanks! Oh, and her user name is WhiteTiger13000.

Roslyn, Level 47 Buccaneer

Administrator
Hi! Have you tried updating your video card driver?

1. Determine the manufacturer of your video card

A) Video > Open your control panel, click on "Display" > "Settings" tab > "Advanced" > "Adapter" > "Properties" > "Driver" tab.

2. Write down the Driver Provider and Driver Version.

3. Go to the driver manufacturer's website and locate your particular computer and download the newest driver (you can check the latest driver they post with the driver version you have, if it's the same, then don't bother with the download - likely they've come out with a new one since last you updated though). If you have Windows 7, you can open device manager, and right click on the device. You can pick Update drivers from this as well.

After updating the driver, reboot your computer and hopefully, all is right in Pirate101!

PS: You can bypass all this by sending Customer Support (support@pirate101.com) a dxdiag & they'll determine your driver and send you the link to update if necessary:

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your ticket.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
Thanks, Jack! Sorry I have been posting about this in other areas, I forgot what this was called and just rediscovered it.

Gratefully,
Roslyn, Level 48 Buc
Scarlet, Level 3 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
I will come back to this post if it happens again. Thanks again!

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
And just a quick question? What can I do to help resolve the problem of Pirate101 not responding?