Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Book 8 Side quest badge?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
My is a big side quester. I mean I don't miss a single one, and I make sure of that by getting the Book Side Quest badges to see my progress. Right now I have 1-10 excluding 8. My question is how can make sure I've seen all the side quests in book 8's areas? This includes Trade Wind skyways to Port Regal. I don't have the book 8 badge so obviously I'm missing one or two but I can't find them. Anyway some one can list the areas Book 8's side quest involve, because every quest in Port Regal an Scurvy Dogs Isle are completed.

(Sorry for the confusion if you don't understand the question)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I bet if you did a search on Pirate101 Central that someone has listed the quests and you can check what you have done with that.

Oh By the way......Marleybonian Myth Wizard........You are currently in the Yarsey Turvey Club. At the time of my posting you have 18 posts and 21 yars Congratulations.

x Raises a tankard of Yum in honor of Dark Michael Dodger for his induction into the Yarsey Turvey Club. x

x Sends off yet another parrot with an order for Yarsey Turvey Yummies to be delivered from the bakeries of the Highlander Fox x

P.S. Here is that copy of that picture of Ratbeard that you wanted. If you are a member on Pirate101 central you can see the screen shot of It I took for ya.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The scurvy dogs' quests all come out of their HQ, but the Port Regal quests come from all over Port Regal (the town). So, scour that island first. good luck, and don't let OCD mar your game experience. you don't need every side quest. In fact, I suggest you leave all side quests that give you a companion uncompleted until you reach max level. They mostly stink compared to the speaking crew, and holding off on those will save you a boatload of gold. Besides, they recruit at a higher level than you are whatever level you are when you recruit them.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
I bet if you did a search on Pirate101 Central that someone has listed the quests and you can check what you have done with that.

Oh By the way......Marleybonian Myth Wizard........You are currently in the Yarsey Turvey Club. At the time of my posting you have 18 posts and 21 yars Congratulations.

x Raises a tankard of Yum in honor of Dark Michael Dodger for his induction into the Yarsey Turvey Club. x

x Sends off yet another parrot with an order for Yarsey Turvey Yummies to be delivered from the bakeries of the Highlander Fox x

P.S. Here is that copy of that picture of Ratbeard that you wanted. If you are a member on Pirate101 central you can see the screen shot of It I took for ya.
Yay!? Um quick question...What is the Yarsey Turvey Club? Also I have a class crisis issue and now my main is "Blaze" Yeah I have all 5 classes cause I couldn't decide.

Thanks for your support, random info, yars and what not.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Marleybonian Myth ... on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
My is a big side quester. I mean I don't miss a single one, and I make sure of that by getting the Book Side Quest badges to see my progress. Right now I have 1-10 excluding 8. My question is how can make sure I've seen all the side quests in book 8's areas? This includes Trade Wind skyways to Port Regal. I don't have the book 8 badge so obviously I'm missing one or two but I can't find them. Anyway some one can list the areas Book 8's side quest involve, because every quest in Port Regal an Scurvy Dogs Isle are completed.

Have you done the one in Gullet? There is a frog there with a quest that is done in Port Regal.

Community Leader
Hmm if I remember correctly this is approximately at the gold mine, or just after gold mine.

Try going to Gold Mine, and head left as you go in. There is often an NPC on the far left of main area, where skarakeets fly, that has a quest pop up late, and is often not seen.

Good luck!!

Actually I think I was thinking of a different chapter, I would look around Sivella (sp?) there are lots of side quests in there.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Sup doc z! I saw your hotel Miranda video! It was cool!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yay!? Um quick question...What is the Yarsey Turvey Club? Also I have a class crisis issue and now my main is "Blaze" Yeah I have all 5 classes cause I couldn't decide.

Thanks for your support, random info, yars and what not.
Here is a good explanation of what the Yarsey Turvey Club is.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

I sympathize, 'Marleybonian Myth' (Blaze?). I too don't want to miss any part of the story, yet completion of Chapter 8 eluded me. You were given good advice, and I looked up the NPC Dr. Zepper mentioned, but not applicable. I had combed Port Regal and Cool Ranch too, as I believe part of Chapter 8 was in Cool Ranch. And there isn't a list yet of Chapter 8 sidequests on Central (by now needing hints, I looked)

But I was able to play last night, and I found the elusive quest (for me) in Scrimshaw! Go to Merry Read again (she had the stolen tea set quest) and she will have another quest 'Trading Under the Table'. This will lead you to Slick Rick in Gullet who will give you 'I'll Sink Your Battleship?'... kind of a curious quest since you go fight level 26-27 Monquistan ships (reasonable for your level in Port Regal) and complete it by fighting a level 5 boss ship in Skull Island. Odd, but it worked for me -- I finally got the Chapter 8 Badge.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe