Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your game annoyed me, KI. I'll explain why.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2008
Earlier tonight, Pirate 101 ticked me off.

My Wife and I are new to Pirate 101. She had asked me to join her to go kill some Cutthroats because she didn't know how hard they were going to be. I was about to get my ship and then I figured I'd see if I could join her on hers. Sure enough that worked, and we sailed off to our first battle.

I was able to see the battle as it was happening and then these 3D fire symbols started popping up. Sure enough I could click them and 'extinguish' them. So I'm running around the deck, watching the cannonballs fly and looking for fires to put out, and then boarding combat begins.

There were a good number of sharks, so we turtled up at the edges of the boarding planks to funnel the sharks into a choke point. From there, we set out to mow them down but, due to some heavy hits, her main character was knocked unconscious. Healing her had revived her, but things were still not looking good. Soon another player popped into the battle, and the tables turned. After the battle, we all collected our treasure with no Need/Greed rolls, class arguments or ninja looting. Exchanged friend requests with the pirate that joined us, and set sail for another ship of sharks.

Pirate 101 annoyed me because I was seeing all the things I want from an MMO - teamwork, strategy, camaraderie - and wondering why in the world this is so lacking from so many other MMOs. That battle was an example of everything that can be great about MMOs but rarely is. Plain and simple, Pirate 101 is just a whole lot of fun.

Thanks for an amazing game, KI. Looking forward to my future adventures in this entertainingly animated universe of yours.

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Loktofeit on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:

My Wife and I are new to Pirate 101. She had asked me to join her to go kill some Cutthroats because she didn't know how hard they were going to be. I was about to get my ship and then I figured I'd see if I could join her on hers. Sure enough that worked, and we sailed off to our first battle.

I was able to see the battle as it was happening and then these 3D fire symbols started popping up. Sure enough I could click them and 'extinguish' them. So I'm running around the deck, watching the cannonballs fly and looking for fires to put out, and then boarding combat begins.

There were a good number of sharks, so we turtled up at the edges of the boarding planks to funnel the sharks into a choke point. From there, we set out to mow them down but, due to some heavy hits, her main character was knocked unconscious. Healing her had revived her, but things were still not looking good. Soon another player popped into the battle, and the tables turned. After the battle, we all collected our treasure with no Need/Greed rolls, class arguments or ninja looting. Exchanged friend requests with the pirate that joined us, and set sail for another ship of sharks.

Pirate 101 annoyed me because I was seeing all the things I want from an MMO - teamwork, strategy, camaraderie - and wondering why in the world this is so lacking from so many other MMOs. That battle was an example of everything that can be great about MMOs but rarely is. Plain and simple, Pirate 101 is just a whole lot of fun.

Thanks for an amazing game, KI. Looking forward to my future adventures in this entertainingly animated universe of yours.
Hi,

First of all, Welcome to the message boards loktofeit , and Welcome at the pirate game , I am glad you liked the game so much, and this is only the beginning of the game, sit ready for allot of moments, and moments, Have fun!, if you see a Blaze Carter in the skyway, invite him, alsways looking for new awesome friends, to talk and play with

Blaze

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
So you were annoyed that you were happy?!?
Well if you enjoyed the game thats all that matters

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
So, to summarize, Pirate101 got you annoyed at other games because it has things that the other games don't? Cheers to KI! They've accomplished their goal of being unique.

Also, welcome to the message boards and Pirate101! I hope you enjoy your time with the community.

~Quick Pearl

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

Reading through the first few paragraphs, I thought you were going to complain about how difficult the battles were, but as it turned out, you weren't... lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Welcome to the message boards Loktofeit. What a beautiful post and it is very well received too. We are a fun group that loves to help, eat, get creative and make each other giggle. You are gonna fit right in. With your first post you have managed to get yourself inducted into the Yarsey Turvey Club Well done. I suspect that with posts like this you are gonna be a member in good standing for quite a while.
Eh, you are a member in good standing weather you are in the Yarsey Turvey club or not, but it just sounded good lol.

x Sends a quick adjustment note to the bakeries of the Highlander Fox to up the order just a tooch with extra gold for the trouble of all these celebrations. x

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Hang on why did it tick you off?

Ensign
May 31, 2009
So... What exactly are you annoyed about? You're not making it very clear.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Pirate101 made him annoyed with other Massive Multi-player games because pirate is fun and has good teamwork from nice players. He thinks the other games should be like Pirate is, but in his experience they aren't.
He likes Pirate101.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
how is a game having everything you would want in it annoy you?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
EpicOfTime on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
So... What exactly are you annoyed about? You're not making it very clear.
He was being very 'tongue in cheek' about it. Mostly his annoyance is at the other games for not being as awesome as Pirate101.

Ensign
Jun 10, 2011
Pirate101 brings couples together! AWWWW YEAHHHH!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hey Loktofeit, Congratulations on making a mention in the newsletter. It is well deserved as it is a masterfully written post. *Raises a tankard of yum in honor of the honor. *

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
You are annoyed that you are happy?

Lolz well prepare to be annoyed because the game is so much fun :D

Enjoy your adventures in the spiral and welcome to the forums

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
Lol you suprised me! From the title I thought you were going to be saying something sad about pirate101 and you ended up supporting it. What a plesant suprise!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Well stated, well written and wel...come aboard!

Nice to see someone showing there love and appreciation for this amazing game and the hard working employees at KI. And the fact that you payed those respects in such a clever and well thought out way only adds to the delightful message you sent.

I hear you loud and clear about the negative atmosphere that surrounds other MMOs out there and how it shines a light on KI's efforts in truly making Pirate101 a positive, and family friendly experience for all ages. The fact that players ranging from grandkids to grandparents, couples to single business professionals, 1st graders to college students seeking masters or doctorates, (and so many more) only lends to the reinforcing that Pirate101 is how MMOs should be done. The fact that the developers were able to create a world and game that could appeal to the masses and such a diverse range of human beings, is absolutely amazing.

They are to truly be commended and at the same time revered by others in their shared market. A job more than well done.

Again, welcome to the boards and to the Spiral. Wishing you and your wife continued joy in your pirate adventures.