Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to stop discipline/critcal spells?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Hi. This question is meant for the kings and queens of the swashbuckler class. This question is for that legendary swashbuckler whose knowledge is soo epic and whose wisdom is so wise and who is also kind enough to share a tip with me.

I can never seem to avoid or run away from endless rows of epic or mega hits the privateers discilpine spell offers. They rarely dodge, so I cant riposte them to death, and my innacuracy ensures that they riposte me to death. The wave of relentless spells are usually at epic (700+ damage). A companion may have up to 3 relentless (700 x 3 =2100) = dead sarah steele. Most hits are epic (based on observation). I can never seem to live until the end of 8 turns of discilpine. Running away may save me for 3 turns max, but then I have to face the fury of an elite breed that wants to destroy me.

There is a solution. There always is one. So, please can you legendary swashbucklers give me tips on how to cope with the discipline issue. Here is what I do, tell me where I go wrong:

1- I do a team hide when they approach. My companions attack after this. They do abbout 1200 damage at max, but a few heals restores the opposition. That too I cant attack instantly after I hide. Due to this they bomb me before I can activate my assassin strike with 6x damage (3x assassin stikre with 2x hiding).

2-El toro's buff does not matter if they have el toro as well as a persononal version of el toros buff. My dodge makes me live for a tiny bit longer than most of my companions. Should I use that guarding spell?

3- Privateers weapons. If they do decide to venture out, they are just as dangerous in terms of damage with me. With 3 assassin strikes and 4 (or more) back stabs (with the heavy possiblity of continious epic hits) they could do the same or more damage as me. But I am swash... I know these spells more than them.

So can a legendary swashbuckler tell me how to surivive the discipline of a privateer.

If you wish to reply to this, please DO NOT start an argument, please try and mainly post tips for swasbucklers against disicpline, please do not refer to complaning and please post strategies.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
find a privy for your team and some privys know the assassins strike powers better then some swash

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
1 - I suggest buffing your companions with any of the Jujus or buffs you have, but I don't really recommend using the black fog first turn.

2 - It's better to use El Toro's buff. Although you might be outnumbered in terms of their buffs and your buffs, it's better than not having any. At least it gives you a bit more of a chance of survival.

3 - Don't suppose that just because you're a Swashbuckler that you're going to know Swashbuckler spells better than Privateers.

I don't believe Privateers have Riposte, but I could be wrong. I suggest trying to boost your dodge. Also, you could farm for gear that just gives offensive powers to offset your accuracy.

Another suggestion I have is to take down the Privateer's companions ASAP! Focus your attacks and your companions attacks on a single companion so that they get defeated. You can revive a dizzy pirate, but you can't revive a defeated companion! That will even the odds a bit.

Try reading some of Duelist101's guides for Swashbucklers, and any other class in general! Knowing what other classes can do will help you counter them, and if you decide to switch classes, help you play the other class better. A guide I very HIGHLY recommend you read is Wanted: Prioritizing Targets.

You can take my advice, but remember the choice is always yours. We all have our own styles. You can use some of these tactics, you can disagree with some of them. In the end, don't let my style dictate yours.

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Quick Pearl on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
1 - I suggest buffing your companions with any of the Jujus or buffs you have, but I don't really recommend using the black fog first turn.

2 - It's better to use El Toro's buff. Although you might be outnumbered in terms of their buffs and your buffs, it's better than not having any. At least it gives you a bit more of a chance of survival.

3 - Don't suppose that just because you're a Swashbuckler that you're going to know Swashbuckler spells better than Privateers.

I don't believe Privateers have Riposte, but I could be wrong. I suggest trying to boost your dodge. Also, you could farm for gear that just gives offensive powers to offset your accuracy.

Another suggestion I have is to take down the Privateer's companions ASAP! Focus your attacks and your companions attacks on a single companion so that they get defeated. You can revive a dizzy pirate, but you can't revive a defeated companion! That will even the odds a bit.

Try reading some of Duelist101's guides for Swashbucklers, and any other class in general! Knowing what other classes can do will help you counter them, and if you decide to switch classes, help you play the other class better. A guide I very HIGHLY recommend you read is Wanted: Prioritizing Targets.

You can take my advice, but remember the choice is always yours. We all have our own styles. You can use some of these tactics, you can disagree with some of them. In the end, don't let my style dictate yours.

~Quick Pearl
Thank your for that info! And when I said privys may not know about our swash spells, I got a beating. An epic hit with 1500+ damage. Lol they do know.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Golden Guardian on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
Thank your for that info! And when I said privys may not know about our swash spells, I got a beating. An epic hit with 1500+ damage. Lol they do know.
Aye, you gotta watch out for those types of Privateers that just STACK those powers upon powers. You can always learn from your mistakes. ^^ And you're welcome.

~Quick Pearl

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
ok, so i know that this is an old topic, and i dont wanna start something controversial here, but unless the privy your fighting goes into a coma or worse in irl, they are near impossible to beat. that goes double for team fights. dont get me wrong, for just regular enemy fighting, and almost any other class in the game, swashbucklers can wreck shop. but for priivys, with their overpowered buffs, its very difficult. i think that privateers themselves ddont need to be debuffed, but their abilities definitely do.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Blixet on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
ok, so i know that this is an old topic, and i dont wanna start something controversial here, but unless the privy your fighting goes into a coma or worse in irl, they are near impossible to beat. that goes double for team fights. dont get me wrong, for just regular enemy fighting, and almost any other class in the game, swashbucklers can wreck shop. but for priivys, with their overpowered buffs, its very difficult. i think that privateers themselves ddont need to be debuffed, but their abilities definitely do.
Alas Blixet, nothing is overpowered. It's all just really, really, really, really, really good use of a power (or powers). But whatever the case is, there will always be a way! Strategy will triumph!

~Quick Pearl

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I may just be hanging around a lot of horrible privateers, but your best shot in a brawling hall/spar chamber is to fort up behind the beams, and there's a good formation for that if you use 3 melee (including you) and a musket/witchdoctor.(suggest musket such as bonnie) by placing the 3 melee between the bars, and the ranged behind the middle,and wait for them to come, and possibly if you're opponent is oblivious enough, their most important buff (whichever they use first) will either be gone or half done if they bother to charge you. a lot of the privateers I've faced don't, and I just wait them out, slip in and give them all a swift kick to their defenses. That's all I have that can be useful besides what quick pearl said (you match my brain too much btw) I hope this turns into a good thread!

Skinny Duncan Roland
Endgamer