Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bishop heals more than he leeches??

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
In the battle in the "death star" (I call it that, because I can't remember the actual name, and there were so many Star Wars references in that one), whenever I battle Bishop (and I do it three or four times) he uses an ability called "leech" which is like sacrifice, except they don't drain the companion.

It seems that leech gives Bishop more in terms of health than he takes from the companion. Uh...really?

I mean, it's bad enough that we have to get rid of the machanical zappers he puts out, but to have to deal with them the whole fight while we take out everyone BUT Bishop just so he can't leech them seems a bit much.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I don't know about this fight but I do know that when a Witchdoctor uses Jobu's Breath, he/she can take in more health than the enemy had left (if you had previously attacked that enemy). My guess is that it is similar to Jobu's Breath.

Administrator
Ah yes! This was brought up before, but it was on a Test Realm thread that has been archived.

The answer from the designers is that Bishop's Leech is working as designed.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
From watching and crunching the numbers I can tell you that Bishop heals himself with 3 health points for every HP he leeches out of his mob. Bishop likes to be fully healed from leeching, too. So, if the poor mob golem has less than 1/3 the HP Bishop needs, Bishop kills him to get it. If he has more than 1/3, Bishop only wounds him and gets fully healed. In test I think Bishop could leech whenever he got in trouble, but now he can only leech once a round, maybe less often. So now it pays to focus fire on Bishop early and the mop up the mob.after he's defeated.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Just making sure, Jack.

Guess I have to take out everyone (and the zappers) before taking out Bishop.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Max DeGroot on Oct 30, 2013 wrote:
In the battle in the "death star" (I call it that, because I can't remember the actual name, and there were so many Star Wars references in that one), whenever I battle Bishop (and I do it three or four times) he uses an ability called "leech" which is like sacrifice, except they don't drain the companion.

It seems that leech gives Bishop more in terms of health than he takes from the companion. Uh...really?

I mean, it's bad enough that we have to get rid of the machanical zappers he puts out, but to have to deal with them the whole fight while we take out everyone BUT Bishop just so he can't leech them seems a bit much.
Well he isn't the old Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah we fought in the Gold mines. This is 50 levels later.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Actually, I find that Leech this is an upgrade from Sacrifice. It works so much better.
Hear me out.
Sacrifice is an amazingly good trick up an enemy's sleeve, but there is a major flaw in it. If you just keep attacking the one person, you can also kill off the rest of the enemies without raising a hand by just continually attacking the one enemy.
Leech is the solution to that problem. It is triggered when Bishop loses only 25% of health and only steals a partial amount of health from his cog-minded minions. You can't just continue attacking Bishop, that would be disastrous. Instead, you must kill everyone else before taking on Bishop.

Quite clever, don't ye think?

Impish Omar Underwood

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Undead Obeah on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Actually, I find that Leech this is an upgrade from Sacrifice. It works so much better.
Hear me out.
Sacrifice is an amazingly good trick up an enemy's sleeve, but there is a major flaw in it. If you just keep attacking the one person, you can also kill off the rest of the enemies without raising a hand by just continually attacking the one enemy.
Leech is the solution to that problem. It is triggered when Bishop loses only 25% of health and only steals a partial amount of health from his cog-minded minions. You can't just continue attacking Bishop, that would be disastrous. Instead, you must kill everyone else before taking on Bishop.

Quite clever, don't ye think?

Impish Omar Underwood
Yea I agree. I thought I was quite clever in the Port Regal church by focusing my attacks on the boss and just let him take out his crew but Bishop must have heard about it and did some tweaks and now my trick will no longer work. x Snaps fingers x "Rats"