Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

please don't ever close KI!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
Earlier I read that Toontown, another online game that i'm sure other pirates enjoy, is closing! I would just like a quick reassurence that Kingsisle is not going to close anytime soon!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Believe me, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. They've got two incredible blooming games that really have a long road ahead of them, and, of course, many fans. Wizard101 alone has over 30 million players! KI wouldn't give all of that up any time soon, I know that for sure. Their games are incredibly successful and, despite being open for more than five years, they're going to continue to grow! Rest assured, these awesome games aren't going to go anywhere.

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~

Administrator
Not to worry! Also, I wanted to make sure you saw this thread on Pirate101 Central.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Believe me, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. They've got two incredible blooming games that really have a long road ahead of them, and, of course, many fans. Wizard101 alone has over 30 million players! KI wouldn't give all of that up any time soon, I know that for sure. Their games are incredibly successful and, despite being open for more than five years, they're going to continue to grow! Rest assured, these awesome games aren't going to go anywhere.

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~
Well said Lizzy. KingsIsle has a loyal player in you for sure.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Oh.. oh no. NEVER close KI. I always wanted my future kids to play your games when I get older and start having them, lol!

I didn't know Toonstown was closing neither (what's with all of these games closing?!). Toonstown was one of the games on my 'to-play' list I planned on playing in the future (i guess i can't now )... However... did you hear Pixie Hollow was closing?! I used to love that game so much when I was younger, and played it for years. Now it's going away forever... I still can't believe that. Everyone has free membership for now until it closes, which is on the 21st of September, but still...

That was another game I would had liked my future daughter to play as well... (you know, not to confuse y'all, whenever I have kids lol ).

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
I got good news and bad news
Good news:Luckily it will not close anytime soon besides its pretty dang sucsessfull company despite it is not too big but.
bad news:Eventually pirate101 and wizard101 will end because nothing last's forever that includes life itself so there will be a day i will only be able to play pirate101 as a ghost.if it does not close by the time i die. but yea eventually pirate101 and wizard101 will close
And you know since toontown is ending i was thinking of playing wizard101 again so i will post my wizard101 wizard's later once i re downloade it.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Bloody Belle on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Oh.. oh no. NEVER close KI. I always wanted my future kids to play your games when I get older and start having them, lol!

I didn't know Toonstown was closing neither (what's with all of these games closing?!). Toonstown was one of the games on my 'to-play' list I planned on playing in the future (i guess i can't now )... However... did you hear Pixie Hollow was closing?! I used to love that game so much when I was younger, and played it for years. Now it's going away forever... I still can't believe that. Everyone has free membership for now until it closes, which is on the 21st of September, but still...

That was another game I would had liked my future daughter to play as well... (you know, not to confuse y'all, whenever I have kids lol ).
There was another game called Littlest Pet Shop Online that closed down two years ago. I LOVED it! And i'm a bit sad that Toontown, Pixie Hollow, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online are closing soon...

Pretty Cheryl Walker

Ensign
May 30, 2011
I play Toonntown, and when I figured out it was closing, I felt sad. I had other games to play like Pirate101 and Wizard101, don't worry, you have a couple of days to say goodbye. Toontown is a fun game and Pirate101 is too.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
thatonevalenciansw... on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
I got good news and bad news
Good news:Luckily it will not close anytime soon besides its pretty dang sucsessfull company despite it is not too big but.
bad news:Eventually pirate101 and wizard101 will end because nothing last's forever that includes life itself so there will be a day i will only be able to play pirate101 as a ghost.if it does not close by the time i die. but yea eventually pirate101 and wizard101 will close
And you know since toontown is ending i was thinking of playing wizard101 again so i will post my wizard101 wizard's later once i re downloade it.
Well... every story has an end, but I don't think that'll have to mean Pirate101 or Wizard101 to be removed from the internet completely. Yes, soon their storylines will end, but I still don't see why the games, or any of the games, have to be completely removed so that no one else can play...

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
There was another game called Littlest Pet Shop Online that closed down two years ago. I LOVED it! And i'm a bit sad that Toontown, Pixie Hollow, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online are closing soon...

Pretty Cheryl Walker
Littlest pet shop CLOSED!!! But it was a childhood favorite!

Ensign
Dec 16, 2008
Just Add Bacon on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:

~Elizabeth, level 37 ~
Not trying to be that corrector person but I believe it is at 35 million now. Pirate101 itself also has 5 million since launch last year and the numbers keep growing. Even if the story ends another will come just like what happened with Morganthe. I am sure you don't have to worry at all.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
skorpido on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Not trying to be that corrector person but I believe it is at 35 million now. Pirate101 itself also has 5 million since launch last year and the numbers keep growing. Even if the story ends another will come just like what happened with Morganthe. I am sure you don't have to worry at all.
No need to worry, you helped me continue my point. I recently noticed this as well, and I'm amazed by the level of dedication us players have to KI games -- though not at all surprised. Why wouldn't we be glad to be apart of a KI game? They rock! I'm so happy that KingsIsle Entertainment is getting the love that they deserve.

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
skorpido on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Well she still is right, that is over 30 million.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Well she still is right, that is over 30 million.
XD Thank you, Chrissy.