Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Puppet show's,henchmen and a rant

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Hey guys its me that one valencian swash care for some armado's pizza it's pretty good pizza i have to say
Anyways here's my main topics first off puppet show's i wanna ask? how do i get into one without owning a facebook? i used to have a facebook but i dont use it anymore, so i was asking how do i get in to a puppet show on the main site? just asking hopefully one eyed jack,blind mew or some other Kingsisle employee will help me with that
Next the henchmen i like the fact they are finally adding them in but i feel since we can control them i feel like we need a new henchmen system part of my idea is that there like the time limit item's in the crown shop basically we have them for 24 hours and they follow us around for 24 hours than they DIE!(no just kidding they just leave to be hired again)you can extend your time with them depending on how much crown's you give. that's my short version of the idea
next the f2p player limits....really kingsisle i know your not that big of a company or well known name at least for pirate101 but seriously do you want to have the same amount of non membership freedom as club penguin? seriously that's one reason why i quit after july 2013 in that game seriously at least allow the non member's to do SOMETHING at least make it free until jonah town again i think everyone was ok with that. even the member's basically if you can get my advise pirate101 please make it free until jonah town again.
So guy's that's basically it for this post about puppet show's,the welcoming of henchmen and my rant on f2p hopefully kingsisle does tell me how to get into a puppet show,makes my henchmen system real and adresses my f2p problem(Despite the fact i am a member)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
"Not that big of a company or well known name"? Have you checked out the awards won by this 'little unknown company'?
RTSGuru Best of E3 - Best Hybrid Strategy
MMORPG Player's Choice Awards - Game of the Year
I think that would tend to speak quite loudly for just Pirate 101.
Don't underestimate them, they really know what they are doing and they are doing it right.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
"Not that big of a company or well known name"? Have you checked out the awards won by this 'little unknown company'?
Don't underestimate them, they really know what they are doing and they are doing it right.
Yes but it has not gotten that many reviews from critic's as far as i know heck some of the wizard101 fanbase think pirate101 is apparently a rip off of wizard101...um wizard101 fanbase do us a favor and next time you think about pirate101...use your brain...please...for science.(portal refrence for the win)

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
but compared to other companies such as valve,nintendo and sega they arent that much well known but a lot of people like there games.just not that much.
But still kingsisle is still a good company but not that well known.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
but compared to other companies such as valve,nintendo and sega they arent that much well known but a lot of people like there games.just not that much.
Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Sega and Nintendo market home games and portable games. A MMORPG game is a completely different market and different way of development and play. Among their true peers, they are indeed big dogs .

Community Leader
thatonevalenciansw... on Aug 26, 2013 wrote:
Well, those companies you have reflected on do not even compare to Kings Isle.

Valve... a gaming community/distribution center. They sell hundreds of games, they are not a game maker themselves unless you turn the clock back to "Halflife" and not many people have heard of that in todays game community.

Nintendo and Sega - Console/Hardware developers, they dont develop games themselves, third party companies write games for their consoles.

KI is a software/game developer, when compared to their peers they hold up well. When compared to other games in their family genre, they excel. One of the industry leaders in family gaming.

They are also in business. They cant give it all away for free, they need some form of compensation. I for one am VERY glad they do not do so with numerous embedded advertisements etc, that many of the "Free" offerings on the net require today. What they offer for free is not designed to be enough to settle the curiousities of everyone, they are actually designed to entice the curiousity, making them want to subscribe.

In regards to puppet shows, and Facebook. The game does not require any Facebook account or usage.
You can play the game 100% entirely without any affiliation with Facebook. There is a Facebook community, but its just another venue for players to share, there is NO requirement. You can watch all the games "puppetshows" initially, and they are also accessible to watch again later in the drop down menus, Facebook has nothing to do with them.

I like henchman being hired on a per battle basis. First a henchman should NEVER really be required, so spending the crowns for one (at least in my case) would be only done in an emergency situation. I wouldnt want to spend the extra crowns for one to tag along with me all day, would be just excess baggage. Changing them to a "day" rental in that fashion would make them useless to me, purchasing companions is already close to this as it is. Also keep in mind that different henchman will be of best use in different battles. Id rather have the slot open to obtain the one I need for the current battle, and not be stuck with the one I chose earlier in the day.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
If people keep asking for stuff that w101 has and they keep adding it then it will become just a clone of w101 sad and simple truth.

Sega rofl they dislike western players you should see how they treat western players in one of their phone app games.

KI is bigger then you may believe,w101 has been around for years and prb at one point had just as big of a player base as WoW and some of the other online mmo's. While yes p101 is new KI isn't new to the game world