Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Role Play

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
OOC: It's fine, Omar, you character keeping the amulet was completely intentional -- Jade thought that Omar would be able to do good with the amulet where she had failed to do so. I apologize for the confusion.
~
Jade remained silent for several moments after listening to Meri, her mouth open slightly from shock. She sighed. "Just like that." Jade said, obviously not very pleased.

Fang padded away from Jade and leaned off of the dock, sticking his face into the cloudy area. He snarled and his hackles raised, each individual hair sticking straight up as if he had just been electrified. He gave the clouds one last good growl and then trotted back over to Jade, an air of achievement about him. Jade leaped up and onto his saddle, still thinking about what to do. Her thinking was interrupted when Omar came crashing to the docks, and out of sheer habit, in that split second she had drawn her arrow and pointed it in Omar's direction, though because of her blindness, he had no need to fear as her aim was off. Omar then quickly apologized for taking her amulet, then asked what had happened. "Please, keep the amulet. You can do more good with it than I can. As for what has happened? Captain Katherine was dragged below the clouds by a sky squid, simple as that." She replied, putting her bow and arrows away.

"I think that Captain Katherine would want us to continue her mission." Jade spoke, keeping a surprisingly calm tone about her. She was clearly very bothered about what had happened with her captain, but she knew that if the others didn't know what to do, then all could be in chaos. She might as well make a suggestion. "Omar, Raven, I believe that you two should travel to Mooshu and guard against an armada attack, continue our original mission. Fang will accompany you, to help as best he can." Her head didn't move, but Jade re-directed her attention to the Polarian sisters. "It's up to you two whether or not you want to be split up, but Jenny seems to have a good fighting sense and Scarlet, a brilliant mind. I believe that Jenny could help Omar and Raven while Scarlet can try and figure out what happened to our Captain."

Jade paused, thinking very hard about what she and Meri should do. "I don't believe I'll be the best person to guard against an attack in Hamimistu," she gestured at her blind eyes, "so I think I should try and help Scarlet the best I can. Of course, what all of you do is completely up to you." Jade lowered her voice to signify talking to Meri, who was closest to her. Not in secrecy, just she wasn't directing this to the whole group. "Meri, what do you want to do?"
Meri was astonished. No one had ever asked what she wanted to do. "Cor, Lady Jade, you saved me from me Da and a life of crime! I'd like to go where ever you go. I'd be your Cat, yer retainer-like you know, if you'd 'ave me."

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Nov 8, 2013 wrote:
Meri was astonished. No one had ever asked what she wanted to do. "Cor, Lady Jade, you saved me from me Da and a life of crime! I'd like to go where ever you go. I'd be your Cat, yer retainer-like you know, if you'd 'ave me."
Omar saw this compassionate act and smiled. it had been a while since he saw such beautiful act had unfolded before his eyes. Moved, he looked at the loyal Cat, now seeming to grow in emotional strength.
"You are truly a strong young girl." Omar told Meri "Few people of your history would want to go back into the dangers so similar to yer cruel past. I am moved by yer courage and, even more yer steely loyalty to our dear Jade, the kind Mademoiselle who gave ye a second chance. I am honored by your steely resolve and swear that no matter what happens from this day forth, I, Impish Omar Underwood, the Undead Obeah, do swear protect ye from harm. WHen you are in need of any help, say the word and I shall fly to yer aid as quickly as possible."
"And Jade,"Said Omar as he turned to Miriam's Guardian "I thank for this rare treasure, but this amulet was made for you alone. You are the only persone whom it will benefit. But nevertheless, I shall do what I can to mend thine cursed sight and give ye what little I can to ye to replenish yer sight. It is the least one such as me could do fer what you did fed me in the Great War which caused much suffering to all who partook in it's merciless game. I swear by it, we shall all do our part, for Marley, and our Capitain."
Omar then gave them an Ankh of shimmering gold that shone a radiant aura.
"This shall call me if ye ever are in need. It is a memoir of the old life I once lived and loved, so long ago. I shall answer it's call, no matter what."
Omar bowed to the duo as he walked to the gangplank leading up to Jenny's and Scarlet's ship.
"Coming?"

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The Undead Obeah on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
Omar saw this compassionate act and smiled. it had been a while since he saw such beautiful act had unfolded before his eyes. Moved, he looked at the loyal Cat, now seeming to grow in emotional strength.
"You are truly a strong young girl." Omar told Meri "Few people of your history would want to go back into the dangers so similar to yer cruel past. I am moved by yer courage and, even more yer steely loyalty to our dear Jade, the kind Mademoiselle who gave ye a second chance. I am honored by your steely resolve and swear that no matter what happens from this day forth, I, Impish Omar Underwood, the Undead Obeah, do swear protect ye from harm. WHen you are in need of any help, say the word and I shall fly to yer aid as quickly as possible."
"And Jade,"Said Omar as he turned to Miriam's Guardian "I thank for this rare treasure, but this amulet was made for you alone. You are the only persone whom it will benefit. But nevertheless, I shall do what I can to mend thine cursed sight and give ye what little I can to ye to replenish yer sight. It is the least one such as me could do fer what you did fed me in the Great War which caused much suffering to all who partook in it's merciless game. I swear by it, we shall all do our part, for Marley, and our Capitain."
Omar then gave them an Ankh of shimmering gold that shone a radiant aura.
"This shall call me if ye ever are in need. It is a memoir of the old life I once lived and loved, so long ago. I shall answer it's call, no matter what."
Omar bowed to the duo as he walked to the gangplank leading up to Jenny's and Scarlet's ship.
"Coming?"
For Meri, it was one surprise after another. Astounded by generous offer Omar gave her, she suddenly felt uncharacteristically shy and at a loss for words. When Omar gave her the Ankh, she could not see the aura that surrounded it, but putting it on felt a sense of powerful comfort that seemed to warm her through.

The import of Omar's pledge flashed through her mind. Miriam's one fear was that she would meet up with her father and his gang again, and be powerless to stop her father from forcing her into a criminal life once more. But with Omar's promise... Cor, this purple-eyed gent would be a big surprise for me Da, Meri reflected happily. Meri had known Jade and Fang could rescue her, but she didn't want to be a burden on Lady Jade, either, to whom she already owed so much.

Omar's comment on the gangplank, however, shook the cobwebs from Meri's thoughts. "Aye!" she answered readily, hesitated, then put her soft furred hand on Jade's smooth one. Lady Jade had lost some of the magic that gave her a semblance of sight, Meri had figured that much. Fang would help guide her, but surely, so could Meri?

Miriam wasn't sure how Jade would take this. Jade might shrug her off impatiently. She might snap at her angrily and slap the helping hand away. Or she might accept it. Filled with the warmth of acceptance and protection, Meri was willing to take her chances.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Omar was grinning at miriam for her devotion. Still, he was curious about the two girl's pasts. He knew bits and pieces of them (and could have sworn to have seen Jade when fighting for Valencia) but he was hungry to hear the full stories from them. However, that would probably mean that Omar open up his history to them, a subject that is none too pretty, with the Well's curse and his years of servitude, but would be quite the tale to hear on a long night (if he does say so himself).
No, not yet. Let us get to order first before brining up that subject. Until then, Omar left the girls and stepped into the Cabin to plan Mon Capitain's rescue.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
OOC: I've not quite forgotten about this roleplay, I've just been rather busy lately (I'm hosting my first Christmas Dinner this year) and have just been waiting for others to post.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Jade stopped moving for a moment, staring down blankly at nothing. Meri had just offered to be Jade's retainer, and this act had dragged her back to her past and to a memory that she only wanted to forget, just like she did essentially all of the ones of her past. This was about her family's retainer, the one that raised Jade and her two brothers. Her retainer caught the virus that her younger brother had, and the person who had raised the three kids passed away within the same week as her little brother. Just like many others, this memory was a sad one of her family, and she was one of the few people that Jade missed from her past.

Omar interrupted her thoughts, though, by offering Meri and Jade the Ankh. She was glad that he did and listened to what he said about it, which gave her time to gather her thoughts to respond to Meri. "Thank you, Omar." She said quietly before he entered the ship. She fell silent once more and thought about what Meri had offered, and didn't realize that Fang, too, had turned around to listen to her answer. He padded to a stop at the top of the plank before entering the boat, looking at Jade with a tilt of his head.

She drew in a steady breath, slowly emerging from her thoughts. "Thank you, Meri." She said. Jade paused for a long moment before she continued. "I'm honored by your offer, dear Cat. Fang and I can get awfully lonely throughout our travels. Though I'm wondering... would it be too much to ask if you could be my friend?

Fang, satisfied with Jade's answer, trotted onto the ship and squeezed in after Omar.