Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Role Play

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
In Commodore's Garrison
Well, it won't be long until my new crew gets here. I guess I should tidy up a bit. Then again, there isn't anything that's dirty. I know! I should get snacks or something, they might be hungry. Wait, what am I thinking? I'm clearly over thinking things. But I haven't had anyone over here except for me crew for, well, who knows how long! 'Calm down. This is nothing to freak out about. It's a simple strategical meeting with your crew to explain the mission. And they won't be here THAT long, anyways. So stop stressing yourself out!' I mentally yelled at myself. It was going to be another ordinary strategical meeting, right?

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
The Undead Obeah on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
In a corner of the Kraken Skulls, Omar was drinking his second bottle of yum while remembering his past life. He remembered the times he watched the times he saw the Polarian Wars and the sadness he felt to see three worlds who's culture and people he fell in love with destroy each other. He imagined walking once again in the beautiful winter forests near St. Petersburg and dancing through the intellectual intrigue of old Valencia. Where did he recognize Jade from? Now, Omar has lived an amazingly long time (though his youth masked it) and has seen a large number of people. Some were good friends and some were vague memories.
Remembering nothing, he decided to dessert his effort and observe his fellow crew mates. For some reason, he figured that jade was impaired somehow, he just couldn't figure it yet. Nevertheless, he knew it had something to do with auras.
"hmmm, what a fascinating challenge." he mumbled to himself
Just then, Jade looked up towards him and Omar quickly looked away and read a small book he brought, biding his time until he can transport himself to his captan's abode.
OOC: i'n doing this with my max lvlv\ witch doctor stormy

just from outside they heard a loud UGH! they all ran out to see a pirate in front of a growling panther! "heh i think you could use some help" one of the pirates chuckled. naw i got this. just in a flash the panther was gone. the new pirate mumbled something it sounded like: "i knew i would have to replace it soon". "so" he said "i'm stormy". i would like to stay and chat but i need to deal with the snakes in Aquila. Aquila! said Omar who had been hiding in the back of the group. "yea Aquila anything cool about it"? " no no i just thought it was cool" Omar responded There was a little beep and stormy said oh well i guess someone just dealt with the snakes! so i can take you to pretty much all of the spiral is there any where you need to go?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
Jade looked up from her inward thinking when someone else speaking Polarian pierced her thoughts. "Oui, le ciel nocturne est particulierement belle." [Yes, the night sky is particularly beautiful.] Jade's eyebrows furrowed as she pressed her thumb against her forehead, then she glanced up at the girl with the red aura again. "Excusez-moi mais vous etes de Polaris?" [Excuse me, but you are of Polaris?]
Suddenly she could feel someone looking at her. Odd, it's that witchdoctor with the yellow aura. Jade angled her head at him to make it look like she was actually looking at him, then returned back to her conversation with the other Polarian girl.
"Oui, ma soeur et moi sommes tous deux de Polaris." (Yes, my sister and I are both from Polaris.) Scarlet replied nodding her head towards Jenny who in turn waved at Jade.

"Je m'appelle Scarlet, et ma soeur est appelee Jenny." (My name is Scarlet and my sister is Jenny.) As Scarlet introduced herself and her sister, Jenny had moved to the same side of the table as Scarlet and also turned to face Jade. After making room for Jenny, Scarlet continued talking with Jade, "Nous n'avons pas recontre beacoup d'autre Polarians, puis-je vous demander ce qui vous amene au Skull Island?" (we haven't met many other Polarians, may I ask what brings you to Skull Island?).

(OOC:Kind of short, but at least I get to practice my french skills.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: Lol you're lucky you have French skills, Spanish and Portuguese weren't really of much use here so I had to use the translater.
~
"Un travail." [A job] She replied. Jade looked down at her watch, holding it closely to her face so that she could properly see it. It had been two hours, time to go. "En fait, j'ai besoin d'allar a mon travail maintenant." [In fact, I need to go to my job now]. Jade quickly took some gold coins from the pouch on her belt, and set them down on the counter, counting them from the feel of her fingers. Jade nodded when she had given enough coins, then slid down from the stool at the bar and walked outside to Fang and Miriam.
"Hello, Miriam." Jade gave a curt nod to the cat girl, recognizing her aura. Fang stood up, licked Miriam on her face (his tongue covering every square inch of it) then trotted over to Jade. He nudged her, then lowered himself so that she could more easily mount him. She leaped up onto the big white wolf and adjusted her equipment, re-situating her bow and arrows, adjusting the back part of her dress, hooking her feet in the stirrups. "Are you coming?" She asked Miriam, not turning around but scooting forward so that the Cat would have room on Fang.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Miriam giggled at the sensation of Fang's huge, soggy tongue. Of course, now she would have to spend extra time grooming herself, but it did not matter. She did not wait to be asked twice upon Jade's invitation, but lithely jumped behind the white-haired woman to ride pillion. Her brain fairly clattered with questions and she felt brimful of excitement, but Meri knew better that to push her luck by expressing the happy chatter that wanted to pop out of her.

She was going on an adventure! She actually got to ride on Fang!! Oi, life didn't get any better.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Miriam giggled at the sensation of Fang's huge, soggy tongue. Of course, now she would have to spend extra time grooming herself, but it did not matter. She did not wait to be asked twice upon Jade's invitation, but lithely jumped behind the white-haired woman to ride pillion. Her brain fairly clattered with questions and she felt brimful of excitement, but Meri knew better that to push her luck by expressing the happy chatter that wanted to pop out of her.

She was going on an adventure! She actually got to ride on Fang!! Oi, life didn't get any better.
Jade was pleased by Miriam's excitement, but said nothing and her expression remained unchanged from 'tolerable'. She patted Fang's flank. "You know what to do, bud." Jade clutched some of the fur poking out from Fang's armor and signaled for Miriam to do the same. Fang began to trot around, as if trying to find a scent. Once he caught it he followed it at a run, then leaped into the air and looked like he was about to run into a building, making Miriam yelp from surprise. Once she opened her eyes, however, she discovered herself looking at a large, beautiful mansion with Sly's flag symbol hanging in the courtyard that they had appeared in.
"Good boy." Jade leaped down from her perch and pet on Fang's snout, then trudged away and into the castle.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Fang's nostrils twitched as he lowered it to the ground, then raised his head and turned it in different directions, catching an unknown scent. He snorted and scoffed and his long table-knocker of a tail, which could actually knock over tables, wagged excitedly.
Then he raised his head to the roof, pointing with his snout.
Jade looked up, knowing that her wolf was always right. She caught sight of a girl sitting on the rafters, a witchdoctor by the looks of her staff. "Why hello there." Jade spoke quietly, smiling in a dangerously friendly way.
Raven smiled in that whimsical way she always did, her eyes clouded with a dreamy look. She waved, and was silent as the group departed. The strange Witchdoctor pulled her hood down from over her tawny tresses, and surveyed the area around her. She was cautious not to fall from the place she was. The arbitrary Witchdoctor whipped her arms around the wooden plank above her, and pulled herself to her feet, staying on a near perfect balance. She carefully let go and leaped down, her black and silver cape whipping back behind her.

The girl gracefully walked, at a mediocre pace, to the place the group had gone. Her strawberry blonde hair swayed behind her, and soon she grew annoyed with it getting in her face, and pulled her hood up once more. She then sped up, looking to find the group.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Just then an explosion came from the sewers below. A little later, Omar staggered up the stair and into the main hall very discombobulated and reeking of sandalwood incense.
"Sorry I'm late," said he " I mixed up the spell and ended up in the skyway!"
"So," he said suddenly regaining his balance and the incense sent muffled, "Is all our company met?"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Miriam sneezed, her sensitive nose overwhelmed by the powerful aroma of sandalwood. She momentarily stopped gawking happily at Sly Gillian's impressive garrison to examine Omar with considerable curiousity. The bloke wi' the big 'at, she remembered with interest. The gent wi' the purple eye! She peered into his face under that same hat with great anticipation, hoping to get a glimpse of that mysterious purple orb.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Raven found the group after a short period of walking. Her olive eyes glittered dangerously as she sped up to meet the group of people. Her staff's lantern seemed strangely more luminous than ever. She pulled her hood back over her hair- just as a precaution so the group wouldn't know her if they saw her. Her eyes were visible, but barely, beneath the darkness of the hood's shadow. Most of what you could see was her smile and olive eyes glittered beneath the shade.

"Hello there," Raven greeted the group, her eyes scanning them all. "My name is- um, Athanasia," she lied. Well, it wasn't really a lie, as many people referred to her by that name. Several recognized the siren-like girl, but very few knew her actual name.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Once Jade felt the explosion, she quickly aimed her bow at the entrance to the sewers as Fang raised his hackles and bared his... well... fangs. Once she saw the already familiar yellow aura, she lowered her bow (almost hesitantly, as if she wanted a little bit of an excuse to keep it aimed at Omar) and strapped it to her back, putting away the arrow.
"Hello." She said coldly, her way of greeting everybody, friend or foe. "I think so." Jade said, answering Omar's question and amused at the way smelled. "I brought Miriam," she gestured to the cat, "Fang's here, I'm here, Captain Katherine's here, and you are here. I believe we are all assembled."

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Once Jade felt the explosion, she quickly aimed her bow at the entrance to the sewers as Fang raised his hackles and bared his... well... fangs. Once she saw the already familiar yellow aura, she lowered her bow (almost hesitantly, as if she wanted a little bit of an excuse to keep it aimed at Omar) and strapped it to her back, putting away the arrow.
"Hello." She said coldly, her way of greeting everybody, friend or foe. "I think so." Jade said, answering Omar's question and amused at the way smelled. "I brought Miriam," she gestured to the cat, "Fang's here, I'm here, Captain Katherine's here, and you are here. I believe we are all assembled."
"Oui, I think we are all here." Scarlet said quietly stepping out of the sewer behind Omar. "At least I think Jenny is here somewhere, probably looking for loose change again. Sorry, Omar, I didn't think Jenny and I tagging along with you would throw your spell off so much."

Scarlet glanced around at the group of pirates assembled with a slight smirk on her face, "Hmm seems you're all witchdoctors? I hope you don't mind swashbuckler and a musketeer join you. Besides, J'ai du retourner vortre or Jade, Jenny a vole vortre sac lorsque vous ne cherchiez pas." [ I had to return your gold Jade, Jenny stole it when you weren't looking.] Scarlet said handing Jade a leather bag.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
"Oui, I think we are all here." Scarlet said quietly stepping out of the sewer behind Omar. "At least I think Jenny is here somewhere, probably looking for loose change again. Sorry, Omar, I didn't think Jenny and I tagging along with you would throw your spell off so much."

Scarlet glanced around at the group of pirates assembled with a slight smirk on her face, "Hmm seems you're all witchdoctors? I hope you don't mind swashbuckler and a musketeer join you. Besides, J'ai du retourner vortre or Jade, Jenny a vole vortre sac lorsque vous ne cherchiez pas." [ I had to return your gold Jade, Jenny stole it when you weren't looking.] Scarlet said handing Jade a leather bag.
Jade was more than a little annoyed, but said nothing about it and snatched the bag from Scarlet, stuffing it deep into her pouch and glaring daggers at anyone who came near. She began speaking rapid-fire Polarian in her anger at Jenny. "Je suis avertissement que vous avez, c'est mauvais pour votre santé si vous traversez moi! Ne comprenez-vous pas que vous ne pouvez pas vous contenter de voler des étrangers? Vous et votre soeur semblent être en bon état, il n'y a pas besoin de vous pour voler de moi! Je vais être vous regardent à partir de maintenant, vous êtes chanceux si vous n'avez pas une flèche à travers votre coeur!"
Jade huffed in her fury, but composed herself and stood straight as a board, tucking some white hair behind her ear. "A future lesson for anyone," She began, speaking so that everyone could understand her, "No one. Crosses. Me."

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Hey, Omar? I know that something 'colorful' happened to your character's left arm (I learned this from the thread 'Backstories'), is this still true for this roleplay?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Jade was more than a little annoyed, but said nothing about it and snatched the bag from Scarlet, stuffing it deep into her pouch and glaring daggers at anyone who came near. She began speaking rapid-fire Polarian in her anger at Jenny. "Je suis avertissement que vous avez, c'est mauvais pour votre santé si vous traversez moi! Ne comprenez-vous pas que vous ne pouvez pas vous contenter de voler des étrangers? Vous et votre soeur semblent être en bon état, il n'y a pas besoin de vous pour voler de moi! Je vais être vous regardent à partir de maintenant, vous êtes chanceux si vous n'avez pas une flèche à travers votre coeur!"
Jade huffed in her fury, but composed herself and stood straight as a board, tucking some white hair behind her ear. "A future lesson for anyone," She began, speaking so that everyone could understand her, "No one. Crosses. Me."
OOC: Nice Elizabeth, unfortunatly, Jenny has been yelled at and threatend a few too many times to really be scared of Jade. Scarlet is the only person Jenny is actually scared of (not really scared, she just really doesn't want to make Scarlet angry with her) and Scarlet has probably already told Jenny off for stealing from Jade.

I also thought somebody should give a translation of what Jade said (for those who don't speak french).
So here's the translation:

I'm warning you, it's bad for your health to cross me! Don't you understand that you can't steal from strangers? You and your sister appear to be well off, there's no need to steal from me, I'll be watching from now on, you're lucky you don't have an arrow through your heart!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Hey, Omar? I know that something 'colorful' happened to your character's left arm (I learned this from the thread 'Backstories'), is this still true for this roleplay?
You've been doing some research haven't you? Good observation. As for that small detail, Omar has placed several glamours and charms to throw people off (living several centur...I mean years teaches you that), but every now and then I'm in a battle or enjoying myself too much the enchantments... slip. And a correction, Omar didn't bump into Boochbeard that fateful night, it was a swashbuckling rouge named Nimble Alexander Hobbes who is now a dear friend of Omar.

And dear Merriam, I truly feel sorry for what you had to live through as a child. And by the way, was your "dear" father hiding in the alleys of Barkley Square this day roughly two years ago? Because if he was, I will KILL him for stealing all the money I earned for those last three months!!!!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Nice Elizabeth, unfortunatly, Jenny has been yelled at and threatend a few too many times to really be scared of Jade. Scarlet is the only person Jenny is actually scared of (not really scared, she just really doesn't want to make Scarlet angry with her) and Scarlet has probably already told Jenny off for stealing from Jade.

I also thought somebody should give a translation of what Jade said (for those who don't speak french).

I'm warning you, it's bad for your health to cross me! Don't you understand that you can't steal from strangers? You and your sister appear to be well off, there's no need to steal from me, I'll be watching from now on, you're lucky you don't have an arrow through your heart!
OOC: Yes, I am not always proud to have created such a rude, mean, inward characters that fires off at every little thing. I've used the translator before and frankly I'm surprised that it accurately said everything that I typed in there. XD It was fun skimming over it in French, although I couldn't understand very many things, and if I didn't know what it originally meant, I probably wouldn't have been able to understand any of it. Thanks for translating for everybody, but I figured that how much Jade had spoken (this is the most the group has ever seen her say in one statement) was a pretty good indicator that she wasn't very happy. However, if I were reading it and didn't know what was being said, I do believe I would have asked for a translation. Thanks, Scarlet!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
CdeWinter on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:

"Thant thee Mylady DeWinter. It has been a while since we contacted each other (or was it someone else? I can't seem to keep names and faces together in my mind at times). The translation is quite informative." Said Omar snickering. He was juggling three balls engulfed in fire, frost, and purple electricity as far from Jade as possible, figuring that a person who wears cold-inducing regalia would take conjuring fire as an excuse to let loose one of her nasty arrows.
"Welcome to the gathering Madame Athanasia. So are we missing anyone? Anyone at all? Show of hands? No, good. Now are we going to start this little meeting or not?"

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
The Undead Obeah on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
"Thant thee Mylady DeWinter. It has been a while since we contacted each other (or was it someone else? I can't seem to keep names and faces together in my mind at times). The translation is quite informative." Said Omar snickering. He was juggling three balls engulfed in fire, frost, and purple electricity as far from Jade as possible, figuring that a person who wears cold-inducing regalia would take conjuring fire as an excuse to let loose one of her nasty arrows.
"Welcome to the gathering Madame Athanasia. So are we missing anyone? Anyone at all? Show of hands? No, good. Now are we going to start this little meeting or not?"
"And may I ask your names?" Raven asked politely. She tried to maintain the arbitrary tone she upheld when she just met someone, and very faintly trusted someone. She was no novice at facades- and she did very well in masquerading her personality. She tightened the grip she had on her staff even more than she was, a sign of slight nervousness.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Jade scowled so fiercely the others wondered if she would actually bite, but she didn't and put away her arrows, narrowing her eyes suspiciously at Omar. She knew he was hiding something, she just didn't know what. From now on, she was going to watch him and listen to him very, very closely. Jade was going to discover his secret, no matter what.

But, she would save that for later. Jade nodded curtly to this 'Anthanasia', but didn't feel comfortable around her and couldn't wait to get away from the witchdoctor. "Let's get this meeting over with." Jade frowned, cracking her knuckles.
~
OOC: By the way, I find that name extremely clever, Emma. Anthanasia means 'deathless' or 'immortal', a little bit unnerving for a mysterious witchdoctor character that is spying on them. Nice job!

Ensign
May 02, 2013
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Luigimario3939 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Is it too late to join in here?
As of the moment, yes. The group is currently in Katherine's private Privateer's Garrison, so it's not very likely that another character will join. We already have a few stow-aways, and I imagine Captain Sly wouldn't very much appreciate having anybody new come to her own house, and I know for sure that my own character, Jade, would hate to have another living soul in the same room as her, because, by her standards, it's already pretty crowded. It seems as if the storyline is veering to going to Mooshu, and once that happens they will be in a public place once more, where it's fairly likely that there are going to be other characters eligible to join the group. For now, it's unlikely that any other characters will join, but I imagine that you will have a chance in Mooshu?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Jade scowled so fiercely the others wondered if she would actually bite, but she didn't and put away her arrows, narrowing her eyes suspiciously at Omar. She knew he was hiding something, she just didn't know what. From now on, she was going to watch him and listen to him very, very closely. Jade was going to discover his secret, no matter what.

But, she would save that for later. Jade nodded curtly to this 'Anthanasia', but didn't feel comfortable around her and couldn't wait to get away from the witchdoctor. "Let's get this meeting over with." Jade frowned, cracking her knuckles.
~
OOC: By the way, I find that name extremely clever, Emma. Anthanasia means 'deathless' or 'immortal', a little bit unnerving for a mysterious witchdoctor character that is spying on them. Nice job!
OOC: Yup! Though, you'll see why I picked that name for her soon. No, no, she's not deathless, extremely in defense possibly, but not deathless. XD

-

Raven's olive green eyes were half-lidded and a smile appeared on her face as she noticed Jade, both of which were shadowed by her dark hood. As if unnerved, the Witchdoctor's fingers traced the swirled edges of her sleeves and dress, as well as her hood. The staff with the lantern glowed brightly, and for a brief moment, any spectator would've assumed the orange and yellow rimmed glow flickered into a strange swirl of violet, teal, and black, but it blared on in the same average colors.

The strange, arbitrary girl broke out of what seemed like a stupor of sorts- like she had sang to her limit and was ultimately overruled by her own song of the night. She shook her head and took a brief look at her staff before speaking.

"A meeting? About what, if I may request an answer?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
OOC: Yup! Though, you'll see why I picked that name for her soon. No, no, she's not deathless, extremely in defense possibly, but not deathless. XD

-

Raven's olive green eyes were half-lidded and a smile appeared on her face as she noticed Jade, both of which were shadowed by her dark hood. As if unnerved, the Witchdoctor's fingers traced the swirled edges of her sleeves and dress, as well as her hood. The staff with the lantern glowed brightly, and for a brief moment, any spectator would've assumed the orange and yellow rimmed glow flickered into a strange swirl of violet, teal, and black, but it blared on in the same average colors.

The strange, arbitrary girl broke out of what seemed like a stupor of sorts- like she had sang to her limit and was ultimately overruled by her own song of the night. She shook her head and took a brief look at her staff before speaking.

Jade's back stiffened, immediately deciding that she didn't like Anthanasia. She was definitely frightened, but shoved her emotions away and locked them in a safe that even she didn't know the combination of. This girl isn't all there, is she? Jade thought harshly, deciding that if someone was going to answer, it wasn't going to be her.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:

-

Miriam looked to one witchdoctor, then the next, fascinated by the lights each of them was giving off. "Cor!" she breathed excitedly. "This be a bang up show, better than go'in a' night to Vauxhall Gardens!"

Then she remembered her manners, and tugged a forelock of her hair respectfully, and somewhat shamefully, at Omar. "Gov'nor, I hopes that it weren't me Da who robbed you that night, but it coulda bin. 'E 'ad been polishing the queen's iron w' 'is eyebrows for a coupla years, but 'e got out three years past, and workin on 'is ambition to be a Lord o' the Underworld." And I hopes I weren't there 'elping 'im at the time, Miriam added glumly in her head. Would this magical-eyed gent understand that she didn't have a choice back then? Probably not.