Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More witchdoctor companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 21, 2010
Ok so i went on the the pirate101 central and looked through every companion. I saw there were only witchdoctors. surre it may not seem like a small amount but 3 were crown items. 1 was in a pack. This brngs witchdoctor companions down to 5. 1 of those (old scratch) is available to everyone. brings it down to 4 witchdoctor companions. only 4! unless you want to spend a ton of crowns on a companion or spennd crowns on packs. Other schools have more than 10 in one class exaple, 1 privateer could have 7 bucanneers throughout the storyline(this is just an example). I am already starting to think witchdoctors are being rejected

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I broke it down by class comparison on this thread here if you want to take a look.

There is also a P101Central discussion here.

I agree there should be more WD companions :)

~SM~
*TDA*

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Ya I am thinking that too but add 1 more a companion from a side quest named zenna and 1 more for a witchdoctor snake in aquilia

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
Do not feel this way. All witchdoctor companions each have some OP power or something. Old Scratch's summon skeleton power is more than enough to help you on the quest for El Dorado. Be glad for Mormo and his damage reducing power. Nurse Quinn is only drawback, lol. But seriously, everyone says there is a good chance of Krokotopia being the next world, so get ready for all-out witchdoctors left and right!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
It would be nice to see more Witch Doctor companions, but if they do, KI needs to seriously upgrade the companions.

Nearly all of my WD companions, except for Scratch, are at the bottom of my list. Bad accuracy and dodge and less than epic talents compared to the other classes.

I find my Swashbucklers at the top, followed by Buccaneers, Musketeers, Privateers and at the end, Witch Doctors. Granted, there are some that are mixed, like Bonnie Anne, who's nearer the top, but for the most part, this is how my companion list is structured. Not on purpose, but I did notice this the other day on all my pirates.

Some of the companion classes (or companions themselves) need a little more "umph" to their talents and offense/defense mechanics.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
krokotopia pirate on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Ya I am thinking that too but add 1 more a companion from a side quest named zenna and 1 more for a witchdoctor snake in aquilia
Um, Zenna isn't a Witchdoctor, she's a Musketeer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
It would be nice to see more Witch Doctor companions, but if they do, KI needs to seriously upgrade the companions.

Nearly all of my WD companions, except for Scratch, are at the bottom of my list. Bad accuracy and dodge and less than epic talents compared to the other classes.

I find my Swashbucklers at the top, followed by Buccaneers, Musketeers, Privateers and at the end, Witch Doctors. Granted, there are some that are mixed, like Bonnie Anne, who's nearer the top, but for the most part, this is how my companion list is structured. Not on purpose, but I did notice this the other day on all my pirates.

Some of the companion classes (or companions themselves) need a little more "umph" to their talents and offense/defense mechanics.
If you have crowns I highly recommend the Inoshishi Necromancer. You can give him Mojo echo and Jobu's Ruse for the occasional miss. Mine regularly hits four to six times per turn and 2500 damage is not unusual. I am really praying that they give him another upgrade because as often as he kills, being able to put Mojo Rising on him would make him beyond
phenomenal and I think he is one of that most powerful companions as it is.

Ensign
Jan 02, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
If you have crowns I highly recommend the Inoshishi Necromancer. You can give him Mojo echo and Jobu's Ruse for the occasional miss. Mine regularly hits four to six times per turn and 2500 damage is not unusual. I am really praying that they give him another upgrade because as often as he kills, being able to put Mojo Rising on him would make him beyond
phenomenal and I think he is one of that most powerful companions as it is.
Thanks Chrissy, I was looking for a good wd companion.

Two-faced Darcy Freeman
Lvl 60 Witchdoctor