Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Very unhappy with the game

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
KI, I understand you want to give us a challenge, and I like a good challenge, however, when there is too much challenge, its stops being fun. From Skull Island to Mooshu, the game is fairly decent and at least gives you a decent chance to win. However in MarleyBone, you're chances of winning are slim to none. First thing, you have given bosses cheats. Cheating bosses are the reason I stopped playing Wizard101. Because you had to focus on what not to do, than what to do. If the cheat is very small like gain back health every round or sacrifice I can handle that. But bosses shooting you for even coming close to them or knocking you back 2 spaces really isn't fair.

The armada dragoons is where the game started to go down hill for me. I couldn't attack them because whenever I did they would shoot me and each time they shot me they would critical and do about 400-500 damage. I think you need to get rid of Steely Resolve and Witch Hunter. My witchdoctor has gone through nothing but trouble and was very hard for me to get anywhere without help, which is very hard to come by in this game. The Satyrs and the Ophidian witchdoctors also have way too much power. I couldn't attack because of Witch Hunter and they critical 2/3 times when they attack and they never miss.

All I'm saying is, the game isn't fun to me anymore and I'm more than likely going to quit this like I did Wizard101. The saddest part is I will never make it to Eldorado and see how the game ends.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
Hello,

I am no witchdoctor However, I think the game is fine and awesome just the way it is. If I were a witchdoctor I would still be able, as should you, to defeat cheating bosses and other enemies of my own class. If your looking for help and advice ask for it. Complaining about a game being to hard is not the way to go. That's why we have the community message boards.

As far as cheating bosses, I don't find it to be cheating if a boss can do what one or more random classes can do also in a sense. Shooting you as you get near them...That's Overwatch, musketeers have that talent.
Knocking you back a couple spaces...That's a talent RATBEARD has at tier 3 and even musketeers with some traps have "knockback" capabilities. Regaining health as a witchdoctor that's a talent you possess. Bosses just have them elevated and use more often. All in all Bosses are suppose to be hard otherwise they wouldn't be Bosses.

It just seems to me based on your complaint that you are having trouble fighting your own class. Since I am not a witchdoctor I will allow other witchdoctors to guide you down a path of success.

Careless Chris
MUSKETEER (65)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
CaptainAureus on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
KI, I understand you want to give us a challenge, and I like a good challenge, however, when there is too much challenge, its stops being fun. From Skull Island to Mooshu, the game is fairly decent and at least gives you a decent chance to win. However in MarleyBone, you're chances of winning are slim to none. First thing, you have given bosses cheats. Cheating bosses are the reason I stopped playing Wizard101. Because you had to focus on what not to do, than what to do. If the cheat is very small like gain back health every round or sacrifice I can handle that. But bosses shooting you for even coming close to them or knocking you back 2 spaces really isn't fair.

The armada dragoons is where the game started to go down hill for me. I couldn't attack them because whenever I did they would shoot me and each time they shot me they would critical and do about 400-500 damage. I think you need to get rid of Steely Resolve and Witch Hunter. My witchdoctor has gone through nothing but trouble and was very hard for me to get anywhere without help, which is very hard to come by in this game. The Satyrs and the Ophidian witchdoctors also have way too much power. I couldn't attack because of Witch Hunter and they critical 2/3 times when they attack and they never miss.

All I'm saying is, the game isn't fun to me anymore and I'm more than likely going to quit this like I did Wizard101. The saddest part is I will never make it to Eldorado and see how the game ends.
Marleybone was fairly easy for me, to beat General Rooke, you either need to use walk in shadows, or just approach him and do not attack, approaching while attacking will end up getting you knocked back, HARD. To beat the Dragoons, you need a group gun attack ability, Bonnie Anne used scatter shot on Dragoons, and they didn't fire back. Lastly, you need to play your cards right to beat the Ophidian Flame Dancers, don't get into a group with your companions diagonally or horizontally (horizontally just in case if I was wrong about the diagonally part), because that's how they defeat you, they attack the enemies if they're in groups (I learned that the hard way).

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
That the point of the game. i had allot of trouble in mooshu i had friends help me but as soon as i got to lvl 53 i got better i still die every once in awhile but you don't see me quitting because of it.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
I know I'm not KI and that's who you directed this to but I'd like to say something if you don't mind? It's sad to hear that you aren't very fond of the game and that your likely to quit. But maybe you should try to do some more side quests. I know whenever people mention the words "side quests" to me, I groan and try to find a better solution than side quests. I can't relate to what your saying ENTIRELY because I am just starting Mooshu and in Wizard101 I'm a level 53 trapped in Celestia.... Another option would be to find help. I know you said that help is hard to come by in this game, but you should try to ask. I'm sure there are even people on the message boards who'd be willing to help if you asked. I would if I was a higher level. Don't just give up! I don't know if you're working on a hard dungeon quest or what you're doing. And I don't know if you've tried it dozens of times and you still can't win. I had that happen to me. This is really embarrassing but whenever I first started the game, I had to fight Old Scratch about 20 times before I could complete that quest. But what I'm trying to say is don't give up. If you do decide to quit the game, that's unfortunate. And I'm sure Pirate101 will be missing out on an extraordinary player.

Rachel - Level 38

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Well, my advice to you would be to make sure you check your enemies stats for now on. If they have Witch Hunter, don't use your epics on them (cause that's what triggers it). You can still attack without their Witch Hunter triggering, just use your epics on other enemies and knock them down a peg.
It'll be just like with anything else. If your enemy has Quick Draw, then I suggest not to use your Bonnie to attack it (instead use your other characters like El Toro or Ratbeard or etc. to attack them, and leave the physical attackers to your musketeers). If your enemy has Vengeance Strike or First Strike, then use your musketeers to attack them and let your Buccaneers/ Swashbucklers/ Privateers attack the enemy shooters, unless you have no other choice (like there are no enemy shooters). Then I make my Buccaneers/ Swashbucklers/ Privateers/ use their criticals first and do their regular attacks later (just in case they died, they would had gotten in some of their best hits).

And if you're talking about Rooke (where he knocks you back a few squares), then here's what I do. Place yourself (or an companion) between Rooke and another companion (or enemy if you can), and you should be able to hit him. But, since you're a Witchdoctor, you don't have to get close to him. Just don't use your epics on him (use them on other enemies), and attack Rooke with your normal attacks. If you try to get one of your companions next to them, make sure they have an high health and/or a very high dodge (don't try to get a Musketeer next to him ).

Also, you may want to start working on your and your companions dodgy. If the enemy can't hit you, then you can't die

Any other problems you need help with besides this..?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I just finished the game with my privateer but my first and second mate were witchdoctor. My Scratchy and Necromancer pig consistently cleaned the board. They are very powerful at that level and do not fizzle near as often as rumored. Sure it happens once in a while but is more that worth it to see them commonly hit 6 times per turn with mojo echo and their standard attacks and even more if my privateer gave them repel boarders. Properly boosted with a couple of will boosts and a damage boost they consistently hit around 1500 to 2500 per round. If I was fighting someone with witchhunter I just made sure they weren't the prime target or I had my other companion work on them. If I got surprised to where witchdoctor was not the best way to go I simply learned and came back with another class in the first mate spot. Losing a few fights doesn't mean it's too hard, it is just a way to teach you how to adjust your style and give it another go. Losing companions doesn't mean it's too hard or you did poorly. Any fight you walk away from even with 10 life is a successful fight. There is Nothing like that thrill of victory you get from a hard won fight. If it wasn't a challenge the win wouldn't matter as much. If what you are doing isn't working then change what you are doing. Plus, asking for help is not a sign of weakness. This is one of the best parts of this game is being able to help each other out. We all are grateful for the help we receive and gladly pay it forward to help out the next pirate. Now what I will Not do is to fight every battle for a lazy pirate. I insist that they at least try a couple of times and learn new ways to tackle a puzzle before I help them. There are a few exceptions to this rule, known bosses that you know need help with but that is what we are here for; here and in the game. To teach and help out. Teamwork is what it is all about. What better place to learn that we are our best strength, together. You Can do this. x extends hand x Come'on

Ensign
Feb 09, 2013
i think its fine they might be hard but after thousands of tries you can beat them i think

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
CaptainAureus on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:

i had this trouble too! but i found a way to get around it (it will take a long time though :( ) so what you do is makr a new account (yes it has to be an new account) start buying memeber ship for this account. your witchdoctor can help with the lower lvl guys. and when the new character is high lvl than he can help with these witchdoctor guys! (it helps a lot if you can get a sibling to play and then mooch off their account)