Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What if... II

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hello pirates. Today I baked some lemon tea cakes with cherry icing and strawberries. And there's some tea on the table!

This is the sequel thread to my last What if... one. You see, last time it would be if the Armada succeeded, this time it's if we didn't survive Beachhead. If we never got out in time. What would happen? What if we had to choose that our crew got out alive or we did without them? (Urgh, so grim...) This thread originates from a conversation Modest Hank Ironside and I had while doing Beachhead. It was a rather...Grim conversation. If you chose your companions over yourself, what would happen afterward? I'd think Bonnie would be made Captain after that... For me at least. Imagining the aftermath of that is rather gruesome. And I know it would never happen, but still, realistically it would be a possible outcome. -shudder-

This would definitely give Kane and his court an advantage. I doubt they'd have to worry about rebuilding Rooke or Deacon if they had in the first place (which I doubt). They'd have a much easier path to El Dorado with us out of the way. Of course, if our crew survived, then I imagine they'd be a little more of a blockade, but less of one without their captain. -sips tea- When you really ponder it, I think our crews might set their mind on avenging us. They'd be a little more of a blockade that way.

What do you think would happen? (Ugh, I hate thinking about this... But it was good topic material I guess. XD)

Ciao!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Well, for starters, I think my crew would avenge me or I would avenge the crew. If I died, Ratbeard and Catbeard would be fighting over who would be captain, Bonnie and Ratbeard would be constantly ranting, Old Scratch would be trying to bring me back to life to stop the utter mayhem happening between my crew and, over in Valencia, Kane would be face-palming about how many elites and troops he had wasted trying to kill me on different worlds when he could have just blown up Beachhead with me on it. If my crew died, I would mourn their deaths and then use Bonnie's overpowered sniper rifle to assassinate Kane in Valencia as revenge. Either way, that would be a very hard decision to make. I hope that something like that never comes into the game.

For honor, for glory, for victory! Slick Michael Radcliffe Lvl. 65 Musketeer (And proud of it!)

Captain
May 16, 2011
I remember the entire conversation.... and as for which I would choose, I'd choose my companions. They may be a pain, but I love my crew none the less.

Captain
May 16, 2011
warriorscreed on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Well, for starters, I think my crew would avenge me or I would avenge the crew. If I died, Ratbeard and Catbeard would be fighting over who would be captain, Bonnie and Ratbeard would be constantly ranting, Old Scratch would be trying to bring me back to life to stop the utter mayhem happening between my crew and, over in Valencia, Kane would be face-palming about how many elites and troops he had wasted trying to kill me on different worlds when he could have just blown up Beachhead with me on it. If my crew died, I would mourn their deaths and then use Bonnie's overpowered sniper rifle to assassinate Kane in Valencia as revenge. Either way, that would be a very hard decision to make. I hope that something like that never comes into the game.

For honor, for glory, for victory! Slick Michael Radcliffe Lvl. 65 Musketeer (And proud of it!)
I love your idea about Kane face-palming! It was really funny. And the companions ranting and Old Scratch trying to revive you was also pretty funny.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ooo, lemon tea cakes! And strawberries! Delicious - thank you, Emma.

So for your dark scenarios, let's see:
1) If it was a choice between my survival and my companions, definitely my companions. It is my responsibility as a captain. Some positive things would still happen: Gracie could let the Marleyboneans know about Bishop's plans, and Admiral Nelson would still be able to head off Rooke. I would expect my companions would fight alongside the Marleyboneans, giving them an edge.

2) If Beachhead took all of us with it in the explosion, that would be trickier. The companions who stayed on ship would be spared, but the landing party - me, Gracie, Bonnie Anne, Sarah Steele, Subodai, Ratbeard, El Toro -- all the speaking companions plus several more that stay by me (Mustang Sally, Shiruko, ect.) would be gone. Old Scratch might be able to come back sort of as a ghost; Monkey King is not really mortal, being a Celestial Being, but he might just saunter back to MooShu with his freedom. No survivors would be able to relay Bishop's plan, thus Rooke would be able to have his surprise attack. The battle station of Beachhead destroyed, the Armada would have been dealt a blow, but would it be enough to save the Marleyboneans when Rooke shows up? Certainly many more casualties for the Marleyboneans even if they manage a win.

However, with my death, Kane would lose the ability to collect all the Map pieces. He would never be able to achieve the goal of El Dorado, which would probably destroy his ultimate plans. Not much of a silver lining, but there you are.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
1, I would sacrifice myself, (Kane most likely would not get the map pieces as stated above)

My Batacuda would probably wander off, and Mormo would eventually get exasperated with Old Scratch and go back to his home (Rapa Nui?). Then Ratbeard would get my ship and the rest of my crew would probably follow him to avenge my death then eventually go there separate ways.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Simple everyone gets out cept for me and Romba then he use his spear as a helicopter and we fly out the top

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello pirates. Today I baked some lemon tea cakes with cherry icing and strawberries. And there's some tea on the table!

This is the sequel thread to my last What if... one. You see, last time it would be if the Armada succeeded, this time it's if we didn't survive Beachhead. If we never got out in time. What would happen? What if we had to choose that our crew got out alive or we did without them? (Urgh, so grim...) This thread originates from a conversation Modest Hank Ironside and I had while doing Beachhead. It was a rather...Grim conversation. If you chose your companions over yourself, what would happen afterward? I'd think Bonnie would be made Captain after that... For me at least. Imagining the aftermath of that is rather gruesome. And I know it would never happen, but still, realistically it would be a possible outcome. -shudder-

This would definitely give Kane and his court an advantage. I doubt they'd have to worry about rebuilding Rooke or Deacon if they had in the first place (which I doubt). They'd have a much easier path to El Dorado with us out of the way. Of course, if our crew survived, then I imagine they'd be a little more of a blockade, but less of one without their captain. -sips tea- When you really ponder it, I think our crews might set their mind on avenging us. They'd be a little more of a blockade that way.

What do you think would happen? (Ugh, I hate thinking about this... But it was good topic material I guess. XD)

Ciao!
So grim... *blank stare* z