Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hoodoo House

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
-finishes placing full cups of tea and plates at table and preparing buffet table laden with rows and rows of treats. Beautiful fruit preserves glisten in their tart shells and custard base, cakes with perfectly piped icing edges flavorful cakes, cherries top frosted pies in various flavors, and crème brûlées also take up spots on the table- (working on my writing skills and fantasizing at the same time)

Oh hello! Please, take a seat, make yourself comfortable. Have some tea and treats. As you know, recently I threw a party for Chrissy's Blessings and Giggles, or Chrissy as we all know her. Well, at one point during the party, my little sister or The Privateer'n Wizard as we know her, had the idea to tell scary stories in Chrissy's Haunted Grotto house. We did, and boy was it enjoyable!

I had the idea to start a thread where we could share scary (moderately scary stories) stories with each other! The two I told certainly seemed to scare everyone. XD

Ciao!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lol yup it sure was fun. You guys are amazingly creative. And you all sure seemed to enjoy my version of how One-Eyed-Jack really lost his eye. I kept his identity a secret until the end of the story and you all sure loved the surprise. Although I suspect Emma figured out where I was going with my improv story. She started grinning just when the story line got interesting and I thought she put the pieces together. Anyway, It sure was a blast. The partnering of stories was really creepy too Emma, you and your Sis make a fantastic drama team . Cakes, Basements, Blood....x Shudders x .

Captain
May 16, 2011
I've got one. Sadly I didn't come up with it for the party, but, now that this thread is here, I can share it.

In the heart of Skull Island, there lies a cave. And that cave is filled with darkness and danger. Any feelings felt at all in that cave, are multiplied x3. Anyone who goes into there, loses any trace of him/her. The only sign that someone is down there: their shrieks of fear. One day, a group of pirates decided to venture into this cave to save the lost pirates. They walked on and on, and they then came to a fork. Two pirates were torn between each other, both wanting to go a different direction. The cave's feeling amplifier caused their hate at each other to increase, and one pirate killed the other in anger. A flicker of fear appeared in every other pirate which amplified greatly. Fear for the murderous pirate caused them to obey him, and they went the ways he wanted. But this path only brought grave danger, and incredible fear. The pirates who ventured down into the cave were never seen again......

Meh, that wasn't my best. I might post another, as soon as I come up with one.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Lol yup it sure was fun. You guys are amazingly creative. And you all sure seemed to enjoy my version of how One-Eyed-Jack really lost his eye. I kept his identity a secret until the end of the story and you all sure loved the surprise. Although I suspect Emma figured out where I was going with my improv story. She started grinning just when the story line got interesting and I thought she put the pieces together. Anyway, It sure was a blast. The partnering of stories was really creepy too Emma, you and your Sis make a fantastic drama team . Cakes, Basements, Blood....x Shudders x .
Why thank you! To be honest, the improv started with Sierra making a reference and me continuing along with it. A reference to what I'm going to keep hush hush. Why? Because its best I do.

Thunderchu: Awesomesauce story! I actually really liked it! It kinda reminded me of my second one, which I'm gonna share right now...

~

A pair of lime colored eyes marveled at the potions that bubbled within their spherical beakers. Mists of all colors seeped out from beneath the corks locking the chromatic liquids within. Bubbles popped and formed, the only noise in the room. A faint emerald light glimmered in the center of the room - a candle, with a peculiarly green colored flame. But it was more than just that fact that made it peculiar. Upon one looking closely, one could see the image of a prison flickering inside the candle. Pulling a lever would transform the candle's flame to become a full on teleporter, and upon stepping inside would bring horrors unknown.

The owner of the eyes disappeared, and as they stepped out the door, sunlight tracing their silhouette, walked off. Back to the teleporter. Say you were afraid of spiders. Stepping inside would lead to a cavern filled with cobwebs, and spiders larger than a huge table. Maybe bigger than that. Blood would drop down their fangs and onto their legs as they slowly crawled toward you...

One boy, a Witchdoctor, had the misfortune of walking inside by accident. The boy claimed to be fearless, and was rather confused as he ended up in a labyrinth, woven by the most distant of minds. Unfazed, he walked on, knowing he'd find it soon.

The boy arrogantly declared, "Such a silly challenge. It will take no more than five minutes to leave!" His assumption was incorrect. He continued on, awaiting the end, but time passed on. Soon held been there for a couple hours, and merely annoyance had grown.

"So stupid and annoying! I wouldn't be surprised if whoever created this challenge had no end." The boy thought he was fearless... But that is inaccurate. He never noticed, but he feared discord, chaos, and confusion more than anything. After a few more hours he grew scared, but too prideful to admit it, continued on wordlessly.

Lastly madness took root in his soul, and angry, he continued, no longer wanting to find a way out. He wanted only to tear apart the maker of this chaotic maze. He let out a scream of rage and ran on. As he turned the corner...

There laid the end.

The boy left in a rage, and ended up on the sands of Skull Island, and continued on. From the cave, a pair of green eyes watched, smiling, and whispered... "This is how it starts."

~

Those who haven't heard it, what'd ya think? All improv, by the way.

Ciao!

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Hi! I am here joining the thread. I am VERY interested in scary stories. :3 Anywho, this looks exciting!

-
The the deep mist in the cave of Aquila, deep screams and weak shouts and gnawing teeth were heard. Hawkules was scared to go in there. What was in there? When someone looked in there, they would see glowing eyes that were yellow in the misty cave. One solution. GRIMLENS. Their teeth sharp like knives.
Their scales covered scratches. No one could defeat them. But one night... The grimlens came out of the cave and killed everyone in Aquila and made it dark and wicked. And no one goes there anymore.
-

Not my best. Later!

The Privateer'n Wizard

Captain
May 16, 2011
Highlander, yesterday when we were in my Haunted Grotto for fun to tell scary stories, did you finish the one about the destruction of Dragonspyre? If not, could you share it on this thread?

Ensign
Jul 15, 2012
yes the best party ever and the cake was awesome you guys told the best stories I heard

there was some pirates who was playing laser tag they was going to get the guns they forgot to turn on the lights there was a closet that had old laser guns in it then all of sudden the door opened out came a monster made of the guns he chased them all around the building then two people took the guns from his legs then the oldest one smashed his head it turned out it was a balloon head the pirates took the guns and ran outside
there was more of the monsters they aimed the laser guns at the monsters heads the heat popped the balloon heads then more came they swarmed around them the pirates was never heard from again

to this day people still say that at that building their ghosts roam with the monsters as the monsters prisoners

my brother helped me with this story he is a

two-faced matthew strong level 64 best buccaneer ever

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I wanted to respond once I first saw this thread go up, but i'm sorry to say I totally stink at scary stories. XD well... when you can't see me, anyways...

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
When did this happen? I really need to go to these things. I was traveling across the country to move a week ago. did this happen then?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Frozenmuskets on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
When did this happen? I really need to go to these things. I was traveling across the country to move a week ago. did this happen then?
It was Saturday the 20th.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
I wanted to respond once I first saw this thread go up, but i'm sorry to say I totally stink at scary stories. XD well... when you can't see me, anyways...
They don't have to be exactly scary. Mine was more surprising as I told it in the style of Paul Harvey's "The Rest Of The Story". Surprise is just as good as scary.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
I've got one. Sadly I didn't come up with it for the party, but, now that this thread is here, I can share it.

In the heart of Skull Island, there lies a cave. And that cave is filled with darkness and danger. Any feelings felt at all in that cave, are multiplied x3. Anyone who goes into there, loses any trace of him/her. The only sign that someone is down there: their shrieks of fear. One day, a group of pirates decided to venture into this cave to save the lost pirates. They walked on and on, and they then came to a fork. Two pirates were torn between each other, both wanting to go a different direction. The cave's feeling amplifier caused their hate at each other to increase, and one pirate killed the other in anger. A flicker of fear appeared in every other pirate which amplified greatly. Fear for the murderous pirate caused them to obey him, and they went the ways he wanted. But this path only brought grave danger, and incredible fear. The pirates who ventured down into the cave were never seen again......

Meh, that wasn't my best. I might post another, as soon as I come up with one.
Thought the story was pretty good.. Would Love to see you at your best!