Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blades Of Shade Problem

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 19, 2010
I have read this in another thread but I am wanting my question answer . The damage for the blades of shade is 166-260 and all of my power ups together equal the damage of 219-325. While my coetl needles (from the aztecosaur pack) have a damage of 151-251 and all of my powers to that weapon is 439-539. Shouldn't the blades of shade have more damage than my coetl needles? They are both slashy/stabby weapons and I have all the damages for slashy and stabby. Is this just a glitch? Please respond.

David The Swashbuckler

Administrator
Unfortunately there is a bug with some weapons where the displayed damage is higher than their actual damage. If you look at your damage totals and where those bonuses come from, you'll see weapon damage listed twice; however, in actual application, the extra damage is not applied.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 10, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Unfortunately there is a bug with some weapons where the displayed damage is higher than their actual damage. If you look at your damage totals and where those bonuses come from, you'll see weapon damage listed twice; however, in actual application, the extra damage is not applied.
Any idea how soon a fix might be issued?

Ensign
Apr 19, 2010
So, is the damage of the blades of shade suppose to be lower or higher than the damage it reads? I'm sorry, I'm just not getting this. Sorry if I am causing too much trouble.

David The SwashBuckler

Bosun
May 10, 2010
David The SwashBuc... on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
So, is the damage of the blades of shade suppose to be lower or higher than the damage it reads? I'm sorry, I'm just not getting this. Sorry if I am causing too much trouble.

David The SwashBuckler
The damage should be higher, it is suppose to be giving the Slashy bonuses and the stabby bonuses, but the blades of shade are not giving either bonuses, so if you are a privateer or a swashbuckler and you have trained the other class weapon to 2, you are losing 28 damage. If you are a Buccaneer, you are losing 12 damage, if you have trained both stabby 2 and slashy 2.