Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i really need help in the erebus

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2013
hi everyone im new to the message boards. I need help in the erebus because I didn't really train my companions to the level needed to beat them (if you understand)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Might I suggest you get up off your duff and do the work required that we all have done and get your companions trained. Stop trying to ride our coattails just so you can claim you finished the game.
If you don't do the required work it sure looks like a fun short cut at first but trust me it will bite you on the tush and it appears you are starting to learn that lesson. You slid by using your friends who were smart enough to do the work and now you are stuck in a hard area with no muscle to help you get the job done. Perhaps you remember the fairy tail about the Ant and the Grasshopper? This lesson is well taught in that story. Just be like the rest of us and play the game as it was intended and do the foundational work so that you will be strong enough to truly enjoy the thrill of winning the game. Not the empty bragging of completing it.
P.S. Welcome to the message boards. If you want help with your farming I would be happy to help. I am more the helping to help you fish than to just hand you a fish when you want it. Helping for the long run is something I gladly do. x Hands a welcoming tankard of yum x

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Might I suggest you get up off your duff and do the work required that we all have done and get your companions trained. Stop trying to ride our coattails just so you can claim you finished the game.
If you don't do the required work it sure looks like a fun short cut at first but trust me it will bite you on the tush and it appears you are starting to learn that lesson. You slid by using your friends who were smart enough to do the work and now you are stuck in a hard area with no muscle to help you get the job done. Perhaps you remember the fairy tail about the Ant and the Grasshopper? This lesson is well taught in that story. Just be like the rest of us and play the game as it was intended and do the foundational work so that you will be strong enough to truly enjoy the thrill of winning the game. Not the empty bragging of completing it.
P.S. Welcome to the message boards. If you want help with your farming I would be happy to help. I am more the helping to help you fish than to just hand you a fish when you want it. Helping for the long run is something I gladly do. x Hands a welcoming tankard of yum x
Hey Chrissy, I agree here. I found the post ya mentioned in the game. XD

Seriously, not training your companions? Are they all just the level you original got them at? That's just silly and a useless tactic. Try using the points you are rewarded as you level instead of being lazy. And if you have no gold, just battle more to afford more training points.

And no, I don't understand why you refuse to level your companions. It's a terrible idea to go on without leveling or promoting your crew. If you want to come far in this game, then work for it like the rest of us did! I made my way solo from Port Regal to Khotan in two days, soloing all sigils, dungeons, and hard bosses. Ship fights in Mooshu with my tiny little skiff isn't easy, but I still manage. (Yes, I'm working on nautical leveling to manage to get stuff for my galleon...) I understand that you want to keep your gold for something else you want, but companion leveling is a significant part of the game.

Chrissy is right- it feels terrible when you didn't work to do something like everyone else did. I soloed Miranda and Motherlode Mine and I felt so good inside because I proved to myself that I have the confidence and strength for the game. If you want to finish, then get workin'.

Ciao!

Ensign
May 01, 2013
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Hey Chrissy, I agree here. I found the post ya mentioned in the game. XD

Seriously, not training your companions? Are they all just the level you original got them at? That's just silly and a useless tactic. Try using the points you are rewarded as you level instead of being lazy. And if you have no gold, just battle more to afford more training points.

And no, I don't understand why you refuse to level your companions. It's a terrible idea to go on without leveling or promoting your crew. If you want to come far in this game, then work for it like the rest of us did! I made my way solo from Port Regal to Khotan in two days, soloing all sigils, dungeons, and hard bosses. Ship fights in Mooshu with my tiny little skiff isn't easy, but I still manage. (Yes, I'm working on nautical leveling to manage to get stuff for my galleon...) I understand that you want to keep your gold for something else you want, but companion leveling is a significant part of the game.

Chrissy is right- it feels terrible when you didn't work to do something like everyone else did. I soloed Miranda and Motherlode Mine and I felt so good inside because I proved to myself that I have the confidence and strength for the game. If you want to finish, then get workin'.

Ciao!
no achually I did train my companions bonnie ann is only 1 level below mine (she is level 14)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdocter007 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
no achually I did train my companions bonnie ann is only 1 level below mine (she is level 14)
OK, Now I am really confused. I thought you said you didn't train your companions up. If Bonnie Anne is one level below you then what did you mean? What is the level of your other companions? If they are all trained to one level below you then all my scolding is for naught because that is not what you are doing and then I will owe you an apology. Sooo, please explain what you mean by "
I didn't really train my companions to the level needed to beat them (if you understand) "

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013