Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - A change in MB and AQ?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Buongiorno my Pirate friends! How everything with you these days?

It’s time for another “FrogFather Friday”, so let’s get comfortable for a moment and have a little chat yous and me. Yeah, go on, sit down, take a sword off – forgive, but that couch is 100% pure silk imported from Mooshu, it would displease the FrogFather should anything sharp visit the upholstery, capece?

So, is everyone enjoying the new Marleybone and Aquila content? I might have some business interests in those locations, and I’m wondering if you could fill me in a bit more on your recent impressions? (You know, I do impressions myself. You like Sinatra? “Bababoo, babyeeee…” unbelievable, right? Sounds just like him. You wanna hear my “Kermit”? Nah, that’s all right, maybe later.)

So then, you like this you like that, but if you could change one thing in each of Marleybone and Aquila, what would it be? (Personally, I’d add more frogs, liven up the joint a little, ya know what I mean? Can you see me in a toga? Ohhh, “Toad in a Toga”, froggeddabowdit!)

As always, I much appreciate your expert Pirate feedback and creative ideas, because ya never know when The Frogfather will call upon you to help sort out affairs in the Pirate world. It’s a big place, and I’m a big frog, but I couldn’t do it without yas and it means a lot to me and all my associates that you choose to sail with us throughout the Spiral. Hey, “Salud” – I raise my glass of Yum to you All, my friends.

Until next time, beloved Pirate Family of mine, I wish everyone a very safe and happy 4th of July holiday next week, and do a favor and say hello to your crew for me, alright? Otherwise, you know the drill: “Have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.”

Ciao for now Pirates!!!

- Your FrogFather

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Community Leader
If I could change one thing? It'd be drop rates, no question.

In Wizard101, you always got some sort of battle reward. In Pirate101, you can just get gold. That's not an issue, but what if we'd really like something from the 45-minute Hydra fight? Those elusive items can be tough to come by, and start to create a gap between players with the time to farm for items and the players without that time.

I hope you all will adjust those rates on certain items, especially boss-specific items in Aquila, to better accommodate players who just don't have the extreme amounts of time or luck to obtain a set of items.

Thanks for offering us the chance to give feedback!

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Ensign
Jan 27, 2013
this is for marleybone , it would be cool to do the beat 25 times and make available for your companion , rooke , beat him 25 times and you get to convert him , and show him the error of his ways .

Ensign
Jul 18, 2009
I would love to see more clothing styles in each world. The current styles are really good, but a few more options would be very cool.

Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
I have one for each world:

Marleybone: Rooke doesn't die. We're killing all these Armada leaders off prematurely.

Aquila: We don't lose the memories of our parents. Don't get me wrong, I like dark stuff but doing THAT just becomes intolerable for me. Better idea: We do surrender the memories of our first five years alive but its revealed we learned about our real parents later on in life.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2010
Aquila I would change the strength of the Harpies

Marleybone dragoons should not be able to hit us back (witchdoctor and musketeer)

Ensign
Jul 18, 2012
I personally would like to strengthen the Stygian's Chorus skeletal hoplites, their offense seems just too low for a lv. 65 power, maybe bump up their health to 900 so they could have a higher chance of survival? And Purge Magic isn't exactly fit for Witch, since it requires us to expose ourselves to purge. Also, consider lengthening then Team Epics! up to maybe 5 rounds? Nevertheless, The MB and AQ update is wonderful and I want to Thank Johnny and Blind Mew and all the developers for working on this update! :D

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
The Frogfather on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Buongiorno my Pirate friends! How everything with you these days?

It’s time for another “FrogFather Friday”, so let’s get comfortable for a moment and have a little chat yous and me. Yeah, go on, sit down, take a sword off – forgive, but that couch is 100% pure silk imported from Mooshu, it would displease the FrogFather should anything sharp visit the upholstery, capece?

So, is everyone enjoying the new Marleybone and Aquila content? I might have some business interests in those locations, and I’m wondering if you could fill me in a bit more on your recent impressions? (You know, I do impressions myself. You like Sinatra? “Bababoo, babyeeee…” unbelievable, right? Sounds just like him. You wanna hear my “Kermit”? Nah, that’s all right, maybe later.)

So then, you like this you like that, but if you could change one thing in each of Marleybone and Aquila, what would it be? (Personally, I’d add more frogs, liven up the joint a little, ya know what I mean? Can you see me in a toga? Ohhh, “Toad in a Toga”, froggeddabowdit!)

As always, I much appreciate your expert Pirate feedback and creative ideas, because ya never know when The Frogfather will call upon you to help sort out affairs in the Pirate world. It’s a big place, and I’m a big frog, but I couldn’t do it without yas and it means a lot to me and all my associates that you choose to sail with us throughout the Spiral. Hey, “Salud” – I raise my glass of Yum to you All, my friends.

Until next time, beloved Pirate Family of mine, I wish everyone a very safe and happy 4th of July holiday next week, and do a favor and say hello to your crew for me, alright? Otherwise, you know the drill: “Have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.”

Ciao for now Pirates!!!

- Your FrogFather
If I could change one thing when it comes to Marleybone, I'd just add another skyway, and that's it. Marleybone is fine on its own, I'm my own opinion.

Aquila needs togas. Just sayin'. It needs some more gear, ya know, just that kinda stuff.

Ciao!

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Give AQ a better story. I hated the story honestly. Yeah we have to get the map piece, but couldnt it be something more around the Armada. After all we did just almost win the war for marleybone, but we dont see one clockwork in AQ...

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I would move Marleybone city to the island on the other side of the skyway, so that a passage to another skyway can be opened in the little space behind the lighthouse that we seem to be unable to sail into. That way the mentions of other skyways in Marleybone would seem less confusing, and you would be prepared for when the story calls for us to go to one. No need to redirect the windlane into it, but of course it would be blockaded until further notice.

I haven't seen much of Aquilla, but I went to argos house early and I think it could stand to have some monsters added to the outside. I recommend orthrus-es, er whatever the plural for orthurus is.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Only a happy 4th of July?, what about 1st of July, Canadians play this game too.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Greetings Frogfather. I loved Marleybone and Aquila very much (not quite finished exploring Aquila), and there is little more I could ask for in those beautiful places. But, since you ask:
-- in Marleybone, I was slightly disappointed in Rooke's second fight. The first one, on the huge battleboard had been delightfully complex and kept you on your toes. His final battle was well... more ordinary. I would have expected him to 'pull out the stops' as they say in music and have a challenging final battle, sort of like the one Deacon put us through. But I know you have to balance the needs of all your players.

-- in Aquila, I would have liked one tiny change (and this is very tiny, except for the artists on board). I was delighted to see Philomon (oh dear, I may have spelled his name wrong) in the High Temple, where indeed he should be. But where was his dear wife Baucis? She also earned the same privilege of high service to the Immortals when the pair greeted Zeus and Hermes (or it might have been Jupiter and Mercury... I forget whether the story is Greek or Roman and I don't have any references right now) in disguise and gave them hospitality when no others did... and were also granted the privilege of a long life and dying on the same day (actually turned into trees) so that neither one of the loving couple was left alone in grief (it's a sweet story).

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
The only thing I would like to change in Marleybone and Aquila would be to add epics or powers to the No Auction/No Trade items that lack any epics or powers such as the Adder's Fang, Minotaur's Horn, Bishop's Hat, Rooke's Bulwark, etc. I love the new content by the way. You've really outdone yourself.

Captain
May 02, 2009
hmm. I'd probably add a level 50 clothing vendor on the Isle of Dogs and move those vendors to Undertown. (I'd put them on Fetch, but there's no business in a warzone right :P) and in AQ, hmm... IDK. Maybe make all the buccaneer mobs less annoying and lower their agility by 10% or so, so Bonnie can finally get Burst Fire on them.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Like swordroll said, the drop rates for some items could definitely be improved, especially for fights like the hydra or sato for example, fights/dungeons that can take a while to complete, so there's that at least.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
I loved both the worlds Marleybone and the war. Aquila and the trojan war and the oddessy. The only thing I'd like to see is BETTER GEAR . I seem to still be using my MS gear because they seem to have better powers. So if you'd make better item powers in MB and AQ that would be great .

Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
I haven't been there yet, but I would change the design in Marleybone.

For a second I thought it was gonna look like Wizard101 version. (Mooshu also...)

Design is what I would change for MB.

Now AQ... I'd change the design of some places in it. I don't know which, but aye. Some things need change.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2009
I'd change... Nothing! Thanks for the great update and all the hard work that went into it!

Ensign
Jun 14, 2009
Definitely need more clothing options all the way around. Call me vain, but I like to dress my toons up. And speaking of clothing items... I dislike those items that you cannot change their colors. i.e.: you find a good helmet, but its only in green, so you have to tailor your outfit to match green... even though your pirate doesn't have green as one of his primary colors. (or) certain AQ helms have plumes that don't change and are set at black or orange. You're kinda out of luck if you don't like those colors (You get the point).

As for changing AQ and MB...
I would have made AQ the first world and MB the second. To me, MB is a "major" influence on the game and -*ahem*- pirates... so MB should be larger and more engaging. And I think it should have been the 60-65 world, not the 50-60 one. Just my opinion.

Overhaul AQ ships. There's almost no difference, except stats. It looks like the same ship just in varying scale. It should be more like the Skull Island ships. (i.e. more variety/variations)
MB ships should be final ships; They are much more Pirate-y looking.

Overall...
I would like to see more "Pirate-y" type gear in general.
Yes, dressing like a cowboy/indian in Cool Ranch is fun... and being a Ninja/Samurai in Mooshoo is grand... but the game is called Pirate101; I want to be -and look like- a pirate. Even at level 65, I find myself scouring the bazaar (and farming low level bosses) to get fun and interesting "pirate-y" gear so I can stitch them and be a pirate.

It's not Spartan101.
It's not Ninja101.
The game is Pirate101... I want to look like a Pirate and I want a pirate ship!

Ensign
Sep 10, 2011
Although the Aquilan ships looks OK, the ships of MB looks more grand and like what a few said here already, piratey. More variety in weapon choices in terms of stats and looks will be appreciated. Im an Aquilan legend already but my pirate still holds a weapon that what most players can buy at the bazaar. Can we also add more shiny, glowing or glittering weapon choices as drops other than what is being sold at the crown shop? Drab looking weapons just doesn't go well with a level 65 character. Give us anything that we can stitch it with without running to the crown shop all the time.

Overall, is there anyway you can make the viewing window while choosing colors for any items (Clothing/Ship) bigger? I can barely see any color changes with the present size because it is too small to appreciate how it looks like in a bigger scale while picking colors at the pallette.

Two faced Sebastian Finkle L65
Reckless Abe Armstrong L25

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
I am currently in Marleybone. It would be cool that when you defeat Bishop and Rooke you get their masks. It would be really cool to walk around Skull Island wearing the mask of armada elites. I would also like Marleybone to have daylight once in a while; it doesn't have to reflect the daylight of your current position in the world, it just should be light out once in a while. Or is Bishop using his mojo to prevent daylight in Marleybone?

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
There's one more thing I'd like to change and that would be in Aquila. I hope you guys don't mind, but I'd like to see some more beautiful unique scenery. Aquila just sort of seems plain to me. Don't get me wrong. Aquila does have its finer points (Troy and Nova Aquila). Some more magic would make it more attractive. The caves, palaces, and inner ruins could be better too. Sorry if that was offensive, and I could understand why you would reuse them. In Aquila, I'd like to see scenery become more different, and for the sky to have a different color. It's just a bit boring to seeing the same scenery and the same sky. Marleybone had understood this though. The uniqueness of St. Fido, Fort Bassett, Beachhead, and Wreck of the Victory were very different and interesting dungeons. Again, sorry if I offended you. Thank you though for willingly reading this.

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
A chance in MB & AQ?

Marleybone - I would have expanded on the entire story a wee bit, especially Rooke's role. We met him briefly in MooShu on Khotan, and at the end of Marleybone in Trafalgar. Getting involved in a few battles would have been nice, especially to see Rooke as Supreme General not just in the final battle for us as the PC. Not to mention Albion not being seen, just mentioned....

Aquila - Nothing much, truly. Argos was quite the nice addition, but I would have liked him to be a universal companion with a storyline significance, not just a grant. I know Blind Mew said not all the map-keepers were on the same level of importance story-wise, but still....we got Gracie Conrad AND Catbeard in the storyline, we could have possibly gotten Argos AND Hawkules...maybe. Perhaps not. Whatever, I still enjoyed Aquila very much.

Overall?
I think we could have gone with companion sets and a single universal. So in Aquila we could have gotten one of the five heroes mentioned in the Homer puppet show - Eaglamemnon for , Ajax for , Diomedes for Eagilles for , and Ulysses for and then Hawkules as our universal, or Argos, and made the final chapter 'the Odyssey' to refer to OUR Odyssey to get back the piece of Marco Pollo's map from a thief. Rival pirate perhaps...?

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Arrr I'm loving all of Marleybone so far (can't wait until I get into Aquila!!!)... but...

Could you guys make the Armada Skiffs a little more stood out from the skyways? It's all so dark that all I see is all those sunken, burning, Marleybonian ships ...
That'd help a lot! That's all I have problems with for Marleybone and Aquila!!! I've enjoyed the great challenge it has offered me! Thank you to the artists, writers, and programmers (and so many more) for coming out with this GREAT update! I love it with all my heart!

Arrr See ya in the Skyways!
Brass Leo Hornigold Level 55 Swashy
En Garde!

Ensign
Apr 05, 2010
Marleybone: Better dungeon drops (level appropriate drops would be nice)

Aquila: Better looking gear

Thanks for asking for our feedback, FrogFather

~ Pearl ~