Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Currents in the Skyways

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
I've found that when entering new skyways through the safe currents I can often be launched outside of the safe zone. Even if it's not a new skyway this still happens. If I pull out my map to make sure I'm going the right way and I happen to pass a turn in the current, my ship may very will be sent out into the monster infested skies. I've had several experiences where this happened and I haven't been able to dodge monster encounters every time. Every so often I can see the sparkles from entering and exiting the current while still in the middle of the current itself. It's a very annoying happening so I hope it's fixed soon.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I wonder if it is a feature gone astray. One so we don't send our boats on a sky ways "small world" cruise without anyone keeping watch. I can see them expecting us to have someone ready to turn the wheel when needed. When you are there and ready though, it ought to let you avoid the hazard. That part does sound buggy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea I have learned that the hard way. Whenever I want to check my map or start chatting with someone I now slap the space bar to stop my ship so I don't go careening of into dangerous sky's. Perhaps it is a link to the dangers of texting and driving?