Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nurse Quinn should be a Privateer

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
I have noticed that Nurse Quinn doesn't use a magical attack and she doesn't even have a witchdoctor spell, therefore I think that she should be a privateer. She can heal, but that is a privateer power, not witchdoctor, also, she has a lot of health and seems like she should be a privateer. Give me a Yar! If you think that she should be. And a actual yar in the post if you may.

Bristly Kevin

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
wiz11110 on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed that Nurse Quinn doesn't use a magical attack and she doesn't even have a witchdoctor spell, therefore I think that she should be a privateer. She can heal, but that is a privateer power, not witchdoctor, also, she has a lot of health and seems like she should be a privateer. Give me a Yar! If you think that she should be. And a actual yar in the post if you may.

Bristly Kevin
I agree with this because of all the reasons you mentioned and because he has a melee attack not ranged (staffy).

Ensign
Feb 12, 2009
She does have the accuracy of a witchdoctor, though.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
addddddddd585 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Definitely, if she starts to Fizzle in the middle of the fights... Anyways, also, she would be the first Privateer Swashbucklers get before Marleybone unless i missed a companion or you get the dog from the Presidio. And they need more Privateers in my opinion.

Bristly Kevin

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
HEY!!!!! we witchdoctors have great accuracy! True I don't rely on my staff as much as mo spells but when I do, I rarely miss and neither do my witchdoctor companions. as For Nurse Quinn, I agree with you in every way. she isn't ranged, she has no hoodoo spells whatsoever, and even her attacks aren't magical. She is a full fledged Privateer in everything but name!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
wiz11110 on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:

Bristly Kevin
indeed in every way are you correct she doesn't even look like a witchdoctor or have some staff weapon if she is to be a witchdoctor she should have a promotion to look and fight like a witchdoctor

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Oooh, I have an idea why. It's cuz she attacks with Will, not Strength.

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
I agree she heals with privateer powers and attacks with melee

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Not only should nurse quinn be a privatter
BUT MADAME ESMERELDA SHOULD BE A WITCHDOCTOR!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
Oooh, I have an idea why. It's cuz she attacks with Will, not Strength.
There are many other privateer companions that attack with will instead of strength. The bison shaman for example. Or Catbeard (strangely).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
KiwiChickenz on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
There are many other privateer companions that attack with will instead of strength. The bison shaman for example. Or Catbeard (strangely).
Interesting. Thanks about the tip about Catbeard.

Omar Underwood

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
KiwiChickenz on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Haha, I had no idea. How do you know?

Ensign
Apr 05, 2010
For a long time, I assumed Nurse Quinn was a Privateer since she has a heal. I didn't realize until recently that she's actually a witchdoctor. She should be a Privateer that receives the Will boost from all the JuJu boosts (since she isn't a very strong offense).

Pearl

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Pearlistic on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
For a long time, I assumed Nurse Quinn was a Privateer since she has a heal. I didn't realize until recently that she's actually a witchdoctor. She should be a Privateer that receives the Will boost from all the JuJu boosts (since she isn't a very strong offense).

Pearl
As a WD, she is specced so that she is trainable in Spooky and Spirited. If you put her training points into those stats and the occasional point into Dodgy or Accuracy, you should see improvement in her combat ability and a significant boost to the number of HP she can recover with one Rouse.

Epic-wise, I gave her First Strike and Vengence Strike since enemies seem to love to target her and I put someone with Cheap Shot or Flanking near her to get more attacks of opportunity.

I think she is fine as she is as a Witchdoctor. If there is something that needs to be changed, I think that she should get a promotion that gives her one more use of Rouse or maybe even a use of Rally.

One Rouse just isn't enough in mid or high level play. Having more heals available for NPC's would allow Swashbucklers like me to put more Practice Points into something else other than Rouse for myself when I'd rather invest in Shooty or Slashy Weapons to maximize my damage output.

Talon Devereaux

Ensign
Apr 05, 2010
TalonDevereaux68 on Jul 17, 2013 wrote:
As a WD, she is specced so that she is trainable in Spooky and Spirited. If you put her training points into those stats and the occasional point into Dodgy or Accuracy, you should see improvement in her combat ability and a significant boost to the number of HP she can recover with one Rouse.

Epic-wise, I gave her First Strike and Vengence Strike since enemies seem to love to target her and I put someone with Cheap Shot or Flanking near her to get more attacks of opportunity.

I think she is fine as she is as a Witchdoctor. If there is something that needs to be changed, I think that she should get a promotion that gives her one more use of Rouse or maybe even a use of Rally.

One Rouse just isn't enough in mid or high level play. Having more heals available for NPC's would allow Swashbucklers like me to put more Practice Points into something else other than Rouse for myself when I'd rather invest in Shooty or Slashy Weapons to maximize my damage output.

Talon Devereaux
Thanks for this helpful information, Talon!

My swashbuckler doesn't have her as a companion yet. I have heard a lot of negative feedback concerning Nurse Quinn and wasn't sure if I should do the side quest that gives her as a companion.

I agree with you, Talon, that she should get a promotion for more epics and an improved heal.

Thank you, Kevin, for starting this helpful thread and thank you everyone who responded to give their input!

Now I have a better idea of how to train Nurse Quinn to her best possible potential after I earn her on my Swashbuckler.

Pearl

Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
Besides being one of the worst companions in the game. I think they made Nurse Quinn a witchdoctor based on medicine theory. But I agree she doesn't follow suit with traditional witchdoctor stats

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Careless Chris Eas... on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Besides being one of the worst companions in the game. I think they made Nurse Quinn a witchdoctor based on medicine theory. But I agree she doesn't follow suit with traditional witchdoctor stats
Well, before Bonnie Anne got Second Wind, Nurse Quinn was one of the few NPC's (probably the only one) that could use a healing ability.

That meant that if you weren't a Privateer, you were pretty much stuck with having to invest at least one or more PP on the Rouse / Rally family of HP recovery powers.

I personally would prefer to put PP into boosting weapon damage & the like so that I can maximize the hurt with any combo of Stabby / Shooty / Slashy weapons.

She's not the greatest companion, but she is a necessary evil if you are not a Privateer.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
TalonDevereaux68 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
Well, before Bonnie Anne got Second Wind, Nurse Quinn was one of the few NPC's (probably the only one) that could use a healing ability.

That meant that if you weren't a Privateer, you were pretty much stuck with having to invest at least one or more PP on the Rouse / Rally family of HP recovery powers.

I personally would prefer to put PP into boosting weapon damage & the like so that I can maximize the hurt with any combo of Stabby / Shooty / Slashy weapons.

She's not the greatest companion, but she is a necessary evil if you are not a Privateer.
Actually, every class gets a companion with Rouse:

Witchdoctors:Bison Spirit

Swahbucklers:Nurse Quinn

Bucaneers:Nadya

Privateers:Bison Shaman

Musketeers:

Ok, so maybe not. Does anyone know what the Musketeer companion is (if there is one)? If so, please post.

Thank you,

Impish Omar Underwood

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I agree. She does melee and heals.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
I think you worded that wrong, l will fix it for you. "She does have the accuracy of a low level witchdoctor, though. "

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
I so agree. She would be so much better as a privateer. I'm sad she doesn't have many abilities. Well, see ya!
Ciao for now, Silver Fiona.