Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Commercial problems

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
The new commercial is great except for one thing: swashbuckler. They made him look too epic. I mean, come on, ripping up sails, doing flips. And every other class is not as cool. We already have too many swashbucklers in the game, why tempt more people to use that class? Also, I haven't been online in a while. Could someone please tell me what weapon the musketeer is using?

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
I, as a fellow musketeer, believe the problem is acceptable, there are also Swash/Musket gears. And our class shot a weapon out of a guy's hand. And your answer is: Phoenix Breath, a level 60, "The strongest gun in the game" it has a four block range. That's all I can tell you, it would not be fair if I told you where, it would be a spoiler. Good luck and see you in the skyways! :)

Jacob
Musketeer
Pirate Pioneer

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
What this commercial was trying to portray with the swashbuckler were their associated characteristics. Swashbucklers, being very agile, know how to get their way into a battle in style. The buccaneer's true strength and hardiness is also demonstrated, for instance. If you take an overhead look at things, I'd say that the classes are somewhat balanced, population-wise. I'm saying this as a swashbuckler!
The musketeer is using a type of weapon called a sling. It is rumored to be found somewhere in Aquila, but I'm not sure myself.

Erm, I'd also love to land in a ship while on a boat. Just saying...

Viva los Piratas!
D.S. Deveraux

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Well, I though Swashbucklers were summed up pretty well. Besides, I though the Privateer's screen shot was the best: Flying in, joining the fight. The commercial was a way for us to see the game as. In order to enjoy playing this game, you'd have to have an imagination. Our pirates can't speak back to people like Avery and our companions when they're talking to us, since we don't have a voice, so we have to give them one. Same goes for ship battles... Thus, the commercial gives us that "voice", so to say...

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Thats kind of because Swashbucklers are epic. lol

Ensign
Mar 07, 2009
I agree with you Musket Man, they made the Swashbuckler too epic and make the other classes look lame.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Narrator: Choose your pirate wisely. Buccaneer: two second screen time, Witch doctor: also two second screen time, Musketeer: not even using a gun. Privateer: flies in buffs but no attacks shown. Swashbuckler: (Oh here we go, best for last) Swings in ripping down the sails taking on 3 guys nothing flat then takes the extra slow motion to smile at the camera!

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I am a swashbuckler and I actually thought everyone was well represented in that commercial.

1. The Buccaneer led off because they are always the first ones rushing into a fight. She shrugs off like eight or nine attackers like they were nothing. The look on her face is all, "You guys have to do better than that if you want to beat me."

2. The Witchdoctor just hoodoos away a group of enemies with one wave of a staff without so much as a hair out of place. She also has this "Hey, it's what I do.." expression that is priceless..

3. The Musketeer shoots the sword right out of that Cutthroat's hand and is so fast that not only do you not even see what kind of gun he used, he follows up immediately with a SPIKED GRENADE! I have to spend Practice Points to get weapons like that.

4. The Privateer shows up with the cavalry and takes command of the situation... like Privateers always do..

5. Swashbuckler finishes off the last guys with style...

We all know how awesome the other classes are, guys, and classes are even more awesome when they are played by good friends.

Administrator
I've been sharing a lot of links today, but I have one that's just perfect for this conversation!

http://kingsisleblog.com/2013/08/27/making-of-a-kingsisle-cgi-commercial/

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
the thing I dont like about the commercial is that both witchdoctor and buccuneer are girls, because I made two characters one a witchdoctor, the other a buccuneer, both boys. I don't hate It that much, I just hate the inconvenience.

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
Musket Man on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
The new commercial is great except for one thing: swashbuckler. They made him look too epic. I mean, come on, ripping up sails, doing flips. And every other class is not as cool. We already have too many swashbucklers in the game, why tempt more people to use that class? Also, I haven't been online in a while. Could someone please tell me what weapon the musketeer is using?
I agree, I never really noticed that

-(dead-eye Octavio Deveraux level 65 witchdoctor)-

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
MonsieurDevereaux on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
the thing I dont like about the commercial is that both witchdoctor and buccuneer are girls, because I made two characters one a witchdoctor, the other a buccuneer, both boys. I don't hate It that much, I just hate the inconvenience.
I actually think it's pretty cool that the buccaneer is a girl. She is so tiny but she's tossing guys twice her size around like they were tissue paper.

It also sends the right message to the target age bracket of potential players. (ex. Girls can roll with the best of 'em.)

I regularly game with my daughter and she plays a buccaneer. If I had a dime for everytime I heard the words, "Get behind me, Dad. I'll handle this," I'd be a rich man.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TalonDevereaux68 on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
I actually think it's pretty cool that the buccaneer is a girl. She is so tiny but she's tossing guys twice her size around like they were tissue paper.

It also sends the right message to the target age bracket of potential players. (ex. Girls can roll with the best of 'em.)

I regularly game with my daughter and she plays a buccaneer. If I had a dime for everytime I heard the words, "Get behind me, Dad. I'll handle this," I'd be a rich man.
Aww now that is just sweet KingsIsle, you should work that into a commercial. Just too precious. Kudos to you for playing with her. You are making memories with her that will positively impact her for a lifetime. Well done Dad x Raises a tankard of yum in your honor x
P.S. x Looks at you and your daughter playing x You are already rich.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
What Kings Isle has always excelled at is the equality of the sexes of the players. Same skills, same abilities, same classes, same spells. All equal. (Although the girls do get better looking clothes options). It also doesn't matter what anyone else is running, run with what you enjoy. My first ever character was a swashbuckler, and I enjoyed him. My others are a musketeer and privateer, and I enjoy them. It's a game for everyone of all sizes, shapes and colors. Go KI!!