Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Anyone got a promotion idea for El Toro?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 28, 2008
Just wondering. We all know he's going to get another one soon, so I'd like to know what you think.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ZoeyDawn999 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Just wondering. We all know he's going to get another one soon, so I'd like to know what you think.
Well zoey I can't think of a quest for his promotion but maybe he would fight his real father who abandoned him (because he was adopted by don rodrigo) and well that would be the end of the quest so it's the rest I can't think of but I can think of what his new name would instead of masked champion it would be El toro masked legend.

Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 59
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 64

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Perhaps a quest where he finds his real father? After all, he was adopted... (anyone want to add to this?)

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I think it would be cool if there was an enemy of Don Rafiel who came back and is threatening santo pollo or something. Like if the original el toro had an arch enemy (other than cpt. blood) who is out for vengeance. I always find it interesting when a promo involves the companion's past ( and el toro deffinitely has a rich one).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
How about something that relates to the Armada threatening Coolranch? Can you imagine El Toro defending his home from the clockworks?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
or El Toro has to protect Santo Pollo against Morganthe
Here's the quest!
Rewards:
10,000 gold
7,210 XP
Promo:
Slashing Bull Champion
Quest:
El Toro: I feel a disturbance in the ARGH force! Meet me a Tavern Cellar at once!
You go to the Tavern
El Toro: Thanks very much. Morganthe and her secret agents are moving into Cool Ranch. Morganthe wants to expand her empire on one of the moons of Mooshu. We need to stop the spiders. To Cool Ranch at once!
You sail to Santo Pollo, Cool Ranch
El Toro: It's good to be home but the spiders are everywhere!
Don Rodrigo: It's good to see you again foster son.
El Toro: I'm so happy to see you! But the weather in Cool Ranch is bad! Morganthes spiders are everywhere! How are we to stop them?
Don Rodrigo: I got a plan. We slash them together with our swords and believe in ourselves to take out the overwhelming spiders!
Defeat 10 Shadow Weavers
El Toro: Now they can be in any home! Where are they?
Don Rodrigo; They're not in a home Toro! They're in the-
Bonnie Anne: Is it sewers?
Don Rodrigo: Yes!
Bonnie Anne: Seriously! We've been in four sewers so far! Skull Island Sewers, Monquistan Sewers, Isle of Dogs Sewers, Wizard City Sewers, and now Santo Pollo Sewers.
Don Rodrigo: I'm sorry to say Bonnie but it is the Sewers. I know where they are! Follow me!
Go to El Toro's Mansion
El Toro: I have sewers under my home?
Mustang Sally: You're back husband! Are you retiring?
El Toro: No dear Sally. I'm happy to see you again.
Mustang Sally: Me to. I'll help you since I'll be only be seeing you for such a short time again before you go out again to the Armada!
El Toro: I'll come back after we get to El Dorado so I can take you there.
Mustang Sally: Thanks ever so much!
El Toro: You're welcome Sally.
Catbeard: Are we going yet? I can guide you through the Sewers.
El Toro: Coming!
Catbeard: I was thinking they never were gonna stop talking! Did you Ratbeard?
Ratbeard: I was thinking the same thing Catbeard.
To be continued ...

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
El Toro, Masked Assassin
He could be sent to assassinate an elite in the armada (not kane's court) it obviously couldn't be something with living things because that would be a bit... you know..

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Since toro is based off of zoro maybe a quest could be taken from that.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Dead Eye Luke on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
El Toro, Masked Assassin
He could be sent to assassinate an elite in the armada (not kane's court) it obviously couldn't be something with living things because that would be a bit... you know..
um ... El Toro being Connor the Assassin for a day?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Sniper Rose on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
or El Toro has to protect Santo Pollo against Morganthe
Here's the quest!
Rewards:
10,000 gold
7,210 XP
Promo:
Slashing Bull Champion
Quest:
El Toro: I feel a disturbance in the ARGH force! Meet me a Tavern Cellar at once!
You go to the Tavern
El Toro: Thanks very much. Morganthe and her secret agents are moving into Cool Ranch. Morganthe wants to expand her empire on one of the moons of Mooshu. We need to stop the spiders. To Cool Ranch at once!
You sail to Santo Pollo, Cool Ranch
El Toro: It's good to be home but the spiders are everywhere!
Don Rodrigo: It's good to see you again foster son.
El Toro: I'm so happy to see you! But the weather in Cool Ranch is bad! Morganthes spiders are everywhere! How are we to stop them?
Don Rodrigo: I got a plan. We slash them together with our swords and believe in ourselves to take out the overwhelming spiders!
Defeat 10 Shadow Weavers
El Toro: Now they can be in any home! Where are they?
Don Rodrigo; They're not in a home Toro! They're in the-
Bonnie Anne: Is it sewers?
Bonnie Anne: Seriously! We've been in four sewers so far! Skull Island Sewers, Monquistan Sewers, Isle of Dogs Sewers, Wizard City Sewers, and now Santo Pollo Sewers.
Don Rodrigo: I'm sorry to say Bonnie but it is the Sewers. I know where they are! Follow me!
Go to El Toro's Mansion
El Toro: I have sewers under my home?
Mustang Sally: You're back husband! Are you retiring?
El Toro: No dear Sally. I'm happy to see you again.
Mustang Sally: Me to. I'll help you since I'll be only be seeing you for such a short time again before you go out again to the Armada!
El Toro: I'll come back after we get to El Dorado so I can take you there.
Mustang Sally: Thanks ever so much!
El Toro: You're welcome Sally.
Catbeard: Are we going yet? I can guide you through the Sewers.
El Toro: Coming!
Catbeard: I was thinking they never were gonna stop talking! Did you Ratbeard?
Ratbeard: I was thinking the same thing Catbeard.
To be continued ...
Don Rodrigo: In we go!
Bonnie Anne: Don't we need breathing masks so we don't die. I would hate to see what Ratbeard, Catbeard, or Monkey King would like like after that.
Don Rodrigo: El Toro? Don't you have some breathing masks in your mansion/
El Toro: I do infact. Follow me.
Go to Toro's Mansion
Assassin Sneaky: You think you can get your breathing suits! Come here boys! See the Armada's Sneaky Agents!
Roberto: You'll pay for destroying us frogs! Charge!
After the fight
Assassin Sneaky: Here's your suits. Use them wisely.
El Toro: Down we go!
Go to Santo Polla Sewers
Don Rodrigo: This way!
Reads note
Don Rodrigo: It's the lair of some of the Armada spies.
Armada Destroyer: Go get them!
After you win
Armada Destroyer: ACK!
El Toro: We win! Let's go to the tavern for a victory but first let's see my sweet Carolina.
Mustang Sally: Oh El Toro! You survived!
El Toro: I did indeed. I have to go now.
Mustang Sally: Farewell Toro!
El Toro: Farewell!
Go to a Tavern
El Toro: I defeated them from my town! :D
El Toro promos into a Slashing Bull Champion!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hmm, Valencia is my assumption of the next world. So maybe something involving word of the Armada heading for Cool Ranch in an attempt to destroy Santo Pollo, and him and the player having to stop them? But first he'd have to learn even better skills with his sword than he learned in Mooshu from a unicorn in Valencia?

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
I'm getting conflicting reports round these boards. Isn't El Toro a Crown shop companion? Or is he class exclusive?

Administrator
Frozenmuskets on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
I'm getting conflicting reports round these boards. Isn't El Toro a Crown shop companion? Or is he class exclusive?
El Toro is a free companion that everyone gets along the main story line.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
A character from the Kirby video game series, one of the best out there, was apparently based off Zorro as well. His name is Meta Knight, and like El Toro, he is an awesome swordsman. He wears a metal mask that covers his entire face so you can only see his eyes, which are yellow. He also has a cape that lets him fly and ebb out of reality for a short time then reappear. His primary weapon is a powerful sword called Galaxia. Hey, maybe El Toro's promotion quest can involve searching for a powerful sword for him to use. What do you think?

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
El Toro is a free companion that everyone gets along the main story line.
A KI head of staff responded to my post? Cool!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Speaking of which...

El Toro: There's something horrible happening! Go find me in a tavern!

*In the tavern*

El Toro: Santo Pollo has something grim looming upon it, Metallix de Night-A master duelist and a rival of mine. We need to find out his location, maybe Oscar Gutterez knows!

*Upon talking to Oscar*

Oscar: So, what brings you to me now? If you have saved my daughter, then I'll help you! So, your looking for Metallix? You should hear. He's planning an attack on Santo Pollo from his ship, the Mace Battleship! He cruises around Aquila.

El Toro: Aquila, eh? Maybe we should check there.

*After finding the Mace Battleship in a vortex*

Metallix: This is the end! El Toro! Come meet your doom!

Stats:
Metallix De Night
School: Swashbuckler
Class: Rogue Knight
HP: 2300
Lvl: 72

*After defeat*

Metallix: I won't let you escape!

*You have to fight him onboard your ship again*

Metallix De Night
Level: 72
Cheats: Can jump over obstacles, uses Blade Storm without defeating an enemy

*After second defeat*

Metallix: Mercy, Toro! I'm about to perish, do as you please.

El Toro: Why are you attacking Santo Pollo?

Metallix: I was your father's apprentice. His name was Ignacio Weafes. A good man.

El Toro: Where is he?

Metallix: He's dead. Go find his grave-He's buried in Cooper's Roost.

Metallix: So, now it's time for you to escape as well.

*At the grave*

El Toro: So..I have managed to finally avenge my father. I shall now avenge my comrads! Prepare to celebrate!

*In the tavern cellar*

El Toro: Ah, I feel better than ever, saving Santo Pollo from an attack, avenging my father. Now I have became a master!

New title: El Toro-Fencing Master!

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Mark Laveer on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Speaking of which...

El Toro: There's something horrible happening! Go find me in a tavern!

*In the tavern*

El Toro: Santo Pollo has something grim looming upon it, Metallix de Night-A master duelist and a rival of mine. We need to find out his location, maybe Oscar Gutterez knows!

*Upon talking to Oscar*

Oscar: So, what brings you to me now? If you have saved my daughter, then I'll help you! So, your looking for Metallix? You should hear. He's planning an attack on Santo Pollo from his ship, the Mace Battleship! He cruises around Aquila.

El Toro: Aquila, eh? Maybe we should check there.

*After finding the Mace Battleship in a vortex*

Metallix: This is the end! El Toro! Come meet your doom!

Stats:
Metallix De Night
Lvl: 72

*After defeat*

Metallix: I won't let you escape!

*You have to fight him onboard your ship again*

Metallix De Night
Level: 72
Cheats: Can jump over obstacles, uses Blade Storm without defeating an enemy

*After second defeat*

Metallix: Mercy, Toro! I'm about to perish, do as you please.

El Toro: Why are you attacking Santo Pollo?

Metallix: I was your father's apprentice. His name was Ignacio Weafes. A good man.

El Toro: Where is he?

Metallix: He's dead. Go find his grave-He's buried in Cooper's Roost.

Metallix: So, now it's time for you to escape as well.

*At the grave*

El Toro: So..I have managed to finally avenge my father. I shall now avenge my comrads! Prepare to celebrate!

*In the tavern cellar*

El Toro: Ah, I feel better than ever, saving Santo Pollo from an attack, avenging my father. Now I have became a master!

New title: El Toro-Fencing Master!
I like your idea

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
el toro: captain something horrible has happened talk to me in a tavern cellar quickly!

el toro: i el toro wish to become a blade master but
rooke has rebuilt deacon but more powerful we have to stop him
kan po: deacon sighs we have to stop him again

stats
armada emissionary
health: 20,000
epic talents: overwatch burst fire and true grit and crossfire

you defeat deacon and don drake holliday bull fencing destroyer and 2 henchman

deacon: you'll pay for this

you go to a tavern and celebrate

you received masked blade master

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Sniper Rose on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
um ... El Toro being Connor the Assassin for a day?
Yes.... There could even be references to that series in the quest yarr.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
I dont currently have an idea for a new promotion but i do think it would be cool if he got gallant defense and dance of steel (mainly dance of steele) in his new promotion dont you guys think? it could be a gaurenteed super hit, and have a cool new animation for him.

i think those are swashbuckler skills very fit for Toro

X

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Did anyone know that 'El Toro' (trumpet music) means 'The Bull' in Spanish? That's kind of ironic because his adopted father was the original 'El Toro' (trumpet music again) and he was a horse
Lily Evans- WitchDoctor