Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Getting Gold to increase Companion levels

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 06, 2012
I am about to go into Aquila and after reading the message boards I want to get my first page of companions up to my same level (WD lvl58). Where is the best place to get a bunch of gold fast?

Or should I go back to Mooshu and pick on Friar Sand?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2011
Friar Sand is probably your best bet. Best of luck!

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Old Pirate on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I am about to go into Aquila and after reading the message boards I want to get my first page of companions up to my same level (WD lvl58). Where is the best place to get a bunch of gold fast?

you don't need them up that high to clear aquila tbh.

i had mine at 56 till i was halfway done with aquila .

Ofc i also reset all my companions to take full advantage of the new epic/talent tier 4 updates

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009

I rarely ever have to purchase Companion Training Tokens, because I always do side quests that give them for free. Just use your tokens wisely. I always follow these steps.

1. ALWAYS train when you get a new companion.
I always do this, because whenever you get a new companion the companion is usually a much higher level than you and your other companions.

2. Once you have that new companion, train until you are that new companions level. I find that when your level is equal the that of a new companions former higher level, it is much easier to train the lower, older companions.

3. When training companions, I always train the ones that I want to appear in battle first.
If you do this, then the ones that you havent been training will be able to be upgraded three or more levels.
Doing this is really good to get a lot of promotions quickly.

Note: This is method becomes more and more useful as your character gains more and more companions.

WARNING: This is not very useful if your charcter is a very high level who has all the possible companions already.

Getting gold for Companion Training Tokens can be done by defeating old bosses that are still strong, but you can defeat them easily. Easily deafeated bosses will make sure that you wont have to respawn. These bosses also drop rare loot and lots of gold. I have a place in Skull Island where the boss drops level 35 gear that sells for thousands of dollars. This place is not a member restricted area, so whenever my membership runs out, I farm and farm and farm until I buy a new membership. You could also find some rare wearable gear with cards.
I hope this helps!!

Have a Great Day!

Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
You could run the Armada Death Star again and also The Victory quest.

It seemed to me that a lot of gold and saleable items came from those two quests.

The only problem is that as you increase in levels, you get less and less gold and items.

Sadly, by the time I'd finished Marleybone (all of it, including side quests), I was level 64 and going to Aquila is not going to achieve much before I hit the level cap AGAIN.

Ensign
Jan 11, 2010
I would stick with Friar Sand.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010

hows your ship level? shooting at ships when there is a fleet doing it already is better gold than sand could ever be in aquila waters also you get some ship levels at the same time and a shot at no auction heavy boat drops :-) if there are no ship teams then sand would be your next best choice.

Ensign
Dec 06, 2012
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:

Ofc i also reset all my companions to take full advantage of the new epic/talent tier 4 updates
I have seen the "reset" button, but I never tried it because I was afraid that I would really mess things up for my companions. Would you please tell me exactly how it works?

Ensign
Dec 06, 2012
masterryan1969 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
hows your ship level? shooting at ships when there is a fleet doing it already is better gold than sand could ever be in aquila waters also you get some ship levels at the same time and a shot at no auction heavy boat drops :-) if there are no ship teams then sand would be your next best choice.
I have my ship level up to 54 (I think). I have been working with other ships to slaughter the poor, helpless Armada skiffs in Marleybone, but it is to the point where I only get about 193 Nautical XP for each sinking. It sounds like I need to go ahead and head for Aquila.

Ensign
Dec 06, 2012
CaptainBlackBart on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:

I must be looking in the wrong place to find out about some of the information I need. Where did you find out about using "Reset" or did you just gamble on what it would do?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DrParrot on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I rarely ever have to purchase Companion Training Tokens, because I always do side quests that give them for free. Just use your tokens wisely. I always follow these steps.

1. ALWAYS train when you get a new companion.
I always do this, because whenever you get a new companion the companion is usually a much higher level than you and your other companions.

2. Once you have that new companion, train until you are that new companions level. I find that when your level is equal the that of a new companions former higher level, it is much easier to train the lower, older companions.

3. When training companions, I always train the ones that I want to appear in battle first.
If you do this, then the ones that you havent been training will be able to be upgraded three or more levels.
Doing this is really good to get a lot of promotions quickly.

Note: This is method becomes more and more useful as your character gains more and more companions.

WARNING: This is not very useful if your charcter is a very high level who has all the possible companions already.

Getting gold for Companion Training Tokens can be done by defeating old bosses that are still strong, but you can defeat them easily. Easily deafeated bosses will make sure that you wont have to respawn. These bosses also drop rare loot and lots of gold. I have a place in Skull Island where the boss drops level 35 gear that sells for thousands of dollars. This place is not a member restricted area, so whenever my membership runs out, I farm and farm and farm until I buy a new membership. You could also find some rare wearable gear with cards.
I hope this helps!!

Have a Great Day!
Would you care to elaborate as to where this wonderful area is?

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Old Pirate on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I must be looking in the wrong place to find out about some of the information I need. Where did you find out about using "Reset" or did you just gamble on what it would do?
you can reset any companion. your not going to get any extra epics in general you can replace your points and re setup your talents. I found each has its pros and cons but many companions only get 2, 3 or 4 epics you can pick. to get level 3 in a talent that eats up your usable points pretty much. I did not found ripo(3) useful in my eltoro so i set him back to ripo2/rent2 now on zeena i have her on burst fire 3, strike first and over watch1 works amazing! too bad other guns dont get the same amount of epics ;p cant have it all i suppose.