Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

buying companions again for gold

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 13, 2011
buying companions costs a lot of crowns. sometimes, i want those companions on other characters, but i cant buy crowns for those. we should be able to buy with gold. sure it would cost a fortune and those who already spent crowns on alts would be mad, but i already spend tons of crowns on companions. it should probably cost a fortune to buy companions like 100,000 gold. what do you think?

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Sneaky George Quar... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
buying companions costs a lot of crowns. sometimes, i want those companions on other characters, but i cant buy crowns for those. we should be able to buy with gold. sure it would cost a fortune and those who already spent crowns on alts would be mad, but i already spend tons of crowns on companions. it should probably cost a fortune to buy companions like 100,000 gold. what do you think?
One companion costing as much as a house..? Sheesh! But, I guess it would be better to buy with gold in some cases. Not buy all the companions with gold, but a few would be nice :)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
i have already posted about this a while back... but i was saying that we should get them for free! but you idea of paying for gold is even better! and for those who already payed twice in crown could just be getting their crowns back? that would sound fair! buying companions twice is just not logic

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Well, you do receive some companions for free...

-Indigo

Community Leader
Vinny Ace on May 31, 2013 wrote:
i have already posted about this a while back... but i was saying that we should get them for free! but you idea of paying for gold is even better! and for those who already payed twice in crown could just be getting their crowns back? that would sound fair! buying companions twice is just not logic
This is actually a pretty good solution to dealing with purchases for alts: any crowns item you've purchased that is non-transferable (i.e. crew, ships, houses) becomes available for a large amount of gold. This way, you could still buy it with crowns, or you could grind up enough gold to buy it. Either way, KI gets extra money from you buying the companion/ship/house with crowns to save time OR by you spending time (and therefore either crowns for buying chapters or buying a subscription) and buying a ship/crew for one character doesn't net you the same kind of buyer's remorse you might experience if there was no way to transfer it should you decide you don't like playing a buccaneer (or whatever) after all! In some cases, concessions like this can help improve customer loyalty and encourage the next purchase, since there isn't the same kind of loss aversion they had from buying a crowns ship they outgrew and couldn't use on an alt, for example.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Captain
May 13, 2011
Bloody Belle on May 31, 2013 wrote:
One companion costing as much as a house..? Sheesh! But, I guess it would be better to buy with gold in some cases. Not buy all the companions with gold, but a few would be nice :)
well dont forget companions are permanent. once you buy a companion, you never lose it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I love the idea too. After all we have paid real money for these items be it companions or ships and it is harsh that we cant share them with our other pirates. The option of being able to buy it again with gold is Great and I would do it in a flash. Please consider it KingsIsle