Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chapter 12 quest badge

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Anyone get the chapter 12 quest badge in the last few months?

I know it was bugged, but thought it was fixed.

Unfortunately from my pirates perspective its still bugged.
I have scoured Mooshu, all 3 skyways, every dock, every area, every vendor, every tavern and cannot find any missing quests.

I have gone through the area more than once, helping my friends, cant see any possibility of how I could have somehow missed a quest unless its in some dungeon, or now locked area.

I am well on my way through Chapter 13, our new fun content, but go back and look for the missing quest when my quest friends are not online.

Hey One-Eyed Jack! Can you maybe look at my character and confirm my suspicion (that its broke), or point this scurvy pirate in a direction?

Thanks Mateys....

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
We'll take a look at it.

(Which character and when's a good time to knock you off your account to take a look?)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on May 30, 2013 wrote:
We'll take a look at it.

(Which character and when's a good time to knock you off your account to take a look?)
Hah! That would be helpful I reckon!!

Silent Sam Stern, anytime during the day, im a working stiff and can only play in the evenings during the week.

Which is why I troll... err I mean patrol the boards all day! ;)

Administrator
Well, it's not quite time to smell the flowers. You are missing one side quest quest from what I can tell. You might want to go back and check The Ashen Roads.

Please report back!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Ok, not bugged ;)

Found the missing quest and completed it and got the badge in a 15 min session during my lunch break, lol.

This brought up a question about some of the games mechanics.

The NPC that had the quest could be seen from half way across the game area, but the explanation point about his head did not show up until I was almost on top of him. This is why it was previously missed even having a "main" quest giver just a short distance away.

Why does the game not render everything until your right up on top of it?

I have a fairly new, high end Alienware laptop, and play the game with all settings as high as they can go.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on May 30, 2013 wrote:
We'll take a look at it.

Jack, could you please check mine too?
I'm at a total loss for what I'm missing for the book 12 sidequests medal/badge.
Character's name is Sly Wolf Ironside, lvl 58

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Jack, my Sly Wolf Ironside is lvl 59 now.
i just leveled up, so don't be confused when you check for what place i need to get the quest from. lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hmm where is this NPC? I have two pirates missing a quest and my eyes are going buggy and I am getting dizzy from all the running around trying to find what I am missing. I am gonna do Ashen roads again just to see if this one guy is the sneak one.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I feel a way to resolve this issue is to have a small exclamation mark appear where a side quest is on your map in the location you are in. This would speed up the process of looking for missing side quests by a bit. Maybe we could pay 500 crowns to get a list of all side quests we've missed and where they are.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
EMC99 on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
I feel a way to resolve this issue is to have a small exclamation mark appear where a side quest is on your map in the location you are in. This would speed up the process of looking for missing side quests by a bit. Maybe we could pay 500 crowns to get a list of all side quests we've missed and where they are.
Or, you could just have a tab under the current quests you're doing, for the book's side quests that haven't been aquired yet.