Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Location on page jump when you Yar

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Greetings oh wise game designers. This one may be for the webmaster. Can you stop the page from tossing you to the top of the page whenever you yar someone? It's a little annoying to have to scroll back down and find your place again. I even catch myself thinking twice before I yar and idea or comment if the page is long and if I want to search again to where I was. Please consider this tweek. Thank you. Blessings and giggles on your day

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
yes i was thinking the same thing, my lords of game making! some times its hard to get back to the post i was cause there are some posts with a lot of comments.

Administrator
Thanks! I'll forward this on to our Web Development team to see what can be done.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I agree. This can be very annoying!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
Greetings oh wise game designers. This one may be for the webmaster. Can you stop the page from tossing you to the top of the page whenever you yar someone? It's a little annoying to have to scroll back down and find your place again. I even catch myself thinking twice before I yar and idea or comment if the page is long and if I want to search again to where I was. Please consider this tweek. Thank you. Blessings and giggles on your day
I did, sort of, find a way around this until they fix it. You simply hit the "Go back one page" arrow. It puts you right back to the post you were reading, it just doesn't show the Yar you just hit. Small inconvenience of not seeing your yar added to the tally but it does speed things up considerably. So until the web designers work their magic, we can 'fake it' and proceed on with our encouragement of well said posts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:
I did, sort of, find a way around this until they fix it. You simply hit the "Go back one page" arrow. It puts you right back to the post you were reading, it just doesn't show the Yar you just hit. Small inconvenience of not seeing your yar added to the tally but it does speed things up considerably. So until the web designers work their magic, we can 'fake it' and proceed on with our encouragement of well said posts.
Well I just noticed today that my little "fix" no longer works. Now when I hit the back arrow after Yarring someone and I get kicked to the top of the page, I am sent back to the message board page that shows all the titles. It pulls you out of the thread you are in completely. So we are now back to having to scroll down and find where we were if we Yarr anyone. On a long thread this is a tooch annoying. So Web Developers, your grace period just ended and I ask that this be qued to the top again. Thanks so much, I am well aware you have huge amounts of issues to deal with and can be very patient. Just thought you should know that our "work around" for this problem no longer exists.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ok either someone fixed the temporary fix or I was in some alternate universe before. Today it's back to being able to go back one page to get to where you were when you Yarr someone. Honestly I tried it on several sections and topics before I posted the above post but now I guess it's moot. Nice work whoever helped us out.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Thanks! I'll forward this on to our Web Development team to see what can be done.
Haha, I just "Yar"d your post and bam! up I went.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
This has been fixed! Yay!!! Thank you!!!

(I also noticed they changed "Nar" to "unYar")

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I agree, It has been beautifully fixed. Thanks for all the hard work KI web developers. You are our heroes too.