Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Over max level monkey kings.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 19, 2012
I have been in mooshu and I have seen some level 51 monkey kings and people tell me you recive him before level 48 and you cant train companions past player level in this cast you cant train monkey king over level 50.

Does anyone know how you can get him over level 50 and can you please tell me what level, on avrage, you would recive him?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
If you get monkey king when you are at level 50, then monkey king will be level 51.
the same thing works with the cat ninja which I got when I was level 50, the cat ninja ended up being level 52.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
battlwizard11 on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
I have been in mooshu and I have seen some level 51 monkey kings and people tell me you recive him before level 48 and you cant train companions past player level in this cast you cant train monkey king over level 50.

Does anyone know how you can get him over level 50 and can you please tell me what level, on avrage, you would recive him?
Do some side quest to raise your level before you get him
Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Many people do a lot of side quests...
I got Monkey King at level 48 (I was about to level up and become a level 49)
Some people do a lot of side quests and get Monkey King around level 50. The main reason for this is probably from Stupendor X (which is very tough) or players think the quest is too hard and give up.

If you ever see a Monkey King that level it's probably cause he/she has done a lot of side quests! Lots of sidequests in Mooshu give out tons of XP which can make you a higher enough level to reach level 50.

~Noble Mistydove, lvl 50

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
battlwizard11 on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:

It is possible to get it after level 48 my other account did all side quests and battles and reached level 40 when i had to do miranda :P it is indeed possible

Ensign
May 21, 2011
The level you get him at depends on how many side quests you've done. My pirates reach the quest that grants this companion when they are already level 50 because I do side quests so he is already level 52 when I recruit him. So yeah, you can be at max level by the time you get him which will obviously make him a higher level.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
I was one of those people who likes to do side quests and I got to level 50 before even beating the game . I believe i did get him at 51. Its funny because cat ninja is 52 and the Jun Pao ( that pig bandit guy) is 53.

Fearless Connor Underwood

Community Leader
The level of generally ANY companion you recieve while questing is 1-3 levels above your pirates level at the time. The game will automatically give you your companion at a higher level, how much higher varies some based on the actual companion, and I believe the pirates level of XP at the time may also play a role.

Monkey King is a companion that most players are getting right around levels 48-50 depending on how much side questing they have done.

If you are level 50 when you get your Monkey King companion, he will automatically be at least level 51, maybe higher.

Havent got Monkey King yet? Try doing as many sidequests as possible first to get your pirate at the highest possible level before receiving him.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV