Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cat Pirate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Please bring the cat pirate back. There are many, many, MANY new players who arrived after the departure of the Boochbeard bundle and really want this awesome companion. ALLOT of people would be willing to spend just to get him. So please either bring him to Crown Shop (that would be awesome!) or bring back the bundle. I know it was a limited time only thing, but PLEASE.

Nikita Devereaux Lvl 50

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
N1ckee on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
Please bring the cat pirate back. There are many, many, MANY new players who arrived after the departure of the Boochbeard bundle and really want this awesome companion. ALLOT of people would be willing to spend just to get him. So please either bring him to Crown Shop (that would be awesome!) or bring back the bundle. I know it was a limited time only thing, but PLEASE.

Nikita Devereaux Lvl 50
i agree, now i, wouldn't buy him unless there was some big sale on him no offense(there are few companions i would but anyways no offense again ) but he is one of the most wicked coolest companions i ever did see XD besides it couldnt hurt to put him back could it?

THX

Xavier Veldon lvl 50

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
When that bundle was marketed, KingsIsle indicated that the cat companion (and the other items in the bundle) would not be available after a limited time; accordingly, it would be tricky for them to bring him back now. However, he is a wonderful companion and (speaking as someone who has him, well two of him actually) I would certainly not object if KingsIsle did something for players who were not able to pick one up when he was offered. Perhaps a variant - different colors*, with slightly different outfits (as with Sarah Steel and Lucy Sterling, etc.) would be a good solution; perhaps even with a slightly different mix of abilities. Then everyone could buy an unlimited cat pirate, and those with the original would still have something unique (and could actually have two cat pirates in their crew if they so desired).

-Michael

Calico perhaps? My calico girl is a right clever rascal - she would make a great pirate. Or an orange tabby, or a Siamese?

Captain
May 02, 2009
Well, if they do bring it back, it will be a big dissapointment to the players who just wasted $89 just to get the cat pirate. I mean I bought the Boochbeard Bundle solely for the Cat Pirate, If I learned that if I just waited X months, KI would have brought him back and I could get him for crowns, I would be seriously angry with them. If they do bring him back, he'd better be $89 or $89 worth of crowns.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I see the cat pirate as part of my reward for supporting the game from the start. It is a pity that you missed out on it but it would cheapen what I have if everyone could get it.

If they did bring it back, and thus went against their word, it would be hard to trust them in the future.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
KiwiChickenz on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
I see the cat pirate as part of my reward for supporting the game from the start. It is a pity that you missed out on it but it would cheapen what I have if everyone could get it.

If they did bring it back, and thus went against their word, it would be hard to trust them in the future.
Well you must not have supported their very first game, wizards 101, because then u will know they tend to say limited time and still bring it back (ex. the yellow elf and other items). As a 2008 player of their first game wizards 101, I chose to wait a bit, so it wont be filled the bugs, and things that dont work, as is often the case in wizards when something is newly added to their game. Therefore, I think the items that were given out in the beginning should come back out, because I am sure I am not the only long time player that wanted to wait till all the kinks were work out. I have played this game now almost a month and it is still WAY behind were it could be, and still some bugs needed to be fix.

I agree with another poster with maybe the colors being change, but not the abilities bc I am sure the reason it is wanted is bc of the abilities, that wouldnt worth the money if it were a less useful version of the orginal.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
coolster50 on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
Well, if they do bring it back, it will be a big dissapointment to the players who just wasted $89 just to get the cat pirate. I mean I bought the Boochbeard Bundle solely for the Cat Pirate, If I learned that if I just waited X months, KI would have brought him back and I could get him for crowns, I would be seriously angry with them. If they do bring him back, he'd better be $89 or $89 worth of crowns.
I can't say it would disappoint me at all. I got other stuff from that bundle that I found useful as well -- the $89 I spent (twice) wasn't just for the cat. Don't get me wrong -- I love Ted and Dave. But they weren't the only reason I bought the bundle. I like the volcano island and the scarakeet and the weapon and outfit, too. With the first bundle I enjoyed my headstart in the game. I've found the crowns from the other useful.

That said, they stated clearly on the bundle that these things wouldn't be coming back. Even if they bring out a cat swashbuckler, they couldn't make it exactly like our cats. That's fine. A similar cat pirate with slightly different stats. A female version. One that's a completely different class -- any of those could potentially be released without breaking their word to us.

Just as I won't be crushed if they release a different island with a volcano on it, I shan't be devastated if another cat pirate companion is released. It's a game; we should all be having fun, not fretting about who got what and why. ("Let's not bicker and argue over 'ho killed who...")

I also won't cry bitter tears into my pillow if they bring back ninja pig companions for the folks who didn't get the Marco Pollo maps, either because they were not playing, didn't have contact info, weren't US players or just slipped through the cracks somehow. It will not make my pig any less useful or fun to play with.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012

Nikita Devereaux Lvl 50
Yes KI please bring the cat pirate back I didn't get the chance to get him and I REALLY WANT HIM! I have heard how awesome he is and want a cat pirate but if you do bring him back could you put him in the crown shop I don't want to use 89$ just for the cat pirate
I'd really appreciate him coming back!
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 50

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
but you got a LOT more than just the pirate

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
HOOOLD on a second it just dawned on me what your saying, you want everyone to have to pay NINTY dollars fore ONE single companion for ONE character on ONE of thier accounts because you did that?

you gotta understand just how unfair that is, you got: either: 60,000 (about enough to but 10 companions as good as the cat) a exclusive scarakeet mount, ruby slicer, volcano island house, scarakeet pet, dread pitrate outfit AND a cat companion who is wicked, OR all of that but a one YEAR membership instead of 60k crowns, all for 90,

you say Ki should make the cat alone 90 bucks, yet the crowns/membership alone is 80 bucks,

i dont think i have to say anymore for you to see the stark unfairness of it all .....\

lemme tell you KI simply would NEVER! do that....

X Defender of the Defenseless)

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Yarrr! We need to keep rare things rare maties. It's a reward for those of us who were here from the start and plan on being here until the end. He is an extremely popular companion (everyone who sees mine really likes it) so I wouldn't be surprised to see a slightly different version come along but not the original. But if they do re-release him then they need to re-release the Ruby Slicer....I accidently sold mine. Heh heh. Fair sailing friends!

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I could see them bringing back a slightly different version (perhaps along with the ninja pig) as an ultra-rare in a new card pack...like the aztecan dino companions.

Captain
May 02, 2009
They brought back the Cat Pirate in the new Updates, but it won't be what you'd expect it to be

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
Yarrr! We need to keep rare things rare maties. It's a reward for those of us who were here from the start and plan on being here until the end. He is an extremely popular companion (everyone who sees mine really likes it) so I wouldn't be surprised to see a slightly different version come along but not the original. But if they do re-release him then they need to re-release the Ruby Slicer....I accidently sold mine. Heh heh. Fair sailing friends!
I was here since the start and yet couldn't get the cat. I just don't have that money lying round. If you bring the Bundle back, you'll be making lots of money. Also I couldn't get the Pig cause they didn't have my contact info yet.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Spiral Cowboy on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
I was here since the start, I started playing during the head start. Did I get a cat? Nope. It's a reward for those who were here from the start and willing to drop a lot of money on a game they had never played before. Me, being a kid, don't have that kind of money. I would do anything in game to get that cat, and I would pay crowns to get a very similar version of him, such as the difference twixt Lucy Stirling and Sarah Steele, anything for a cat pirate.
Hi darra rrratta, rat dat dat ta! I also think that they should keep the original stuff just for the folks who bought it, though I would be very happy if they re-added the Gandry bundle, the cheaper version.

Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
coolster50 on May 5, 2013 wrote:
They brought back the Cat Pirate in the new Updates, but it won't be what you'd expect it to be
He is right. In the next update you will understand. Gonna get him soon in the test realm!

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
a tumbleweed in tu... on May 8, 2013 wrote:
He is right. In the next update you will understand. Gonna get him soon in the test realm!
..oh i see that cat from port regal was it?

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I'll give you all a hint. Who's fat? And has a beard? He's my favorite character too.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Sniper Rose on May 5, 2013 wrote:
I was here since the start and yet couldn't get the cat. I just don't have that money lying round. If you bring the Bundle back, you'll be making lots of money. Also I couldn't get the Pig cause they didn't have my contact info yet.
When companies prioritise making money over keeping their word things don't go well for them.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I disagree with you. The cat pirate, is technically, worth a full $89. I would still feel pretty ripped off even if the Cat Pirate was put on the crowns shop for 65,000 crowns, even though that is a lot. It also stands as a point of not only following KingsIsle closely, but supporting them and being willing to pay that much money before most people knew if they liked the game or not.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
Yes, thanks, I have Catbeard. He's all right, I guess.

What I wanted was a cat with a hat from Marleybone, although that did not seem to be an option even in the crown shop.

Yes, I played Wizard101 too for a long time but I prefer the strategic play of Pirate101.

I cannot continue to ask friends in the States to buy game cards for me, even if I reimburse them. So adding a cat pirate to a game card is seriously unfair to those of use who play from outside the United States.

Even Wizard101 had game cards for New Zealand.

I WILL buy crowns however (when I can) and yes, I have been with Pirate101 since it started.

Give us a new cat swashbuckler like the hatted ones in Marleybone, then those who bought the bundle can't really complain (although they will).

The sounds of those cats was truly amazing - the hisses, howls, meows, etc plus they have a look that is totally different to any cat we've seen so far.

Stormy Autumn - Privateer, Level 65

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012

Nikita Devereaux Lvl 50
I don't see why they wont it isn't like were asking for the whole bundle all we want is the cat pirate I would pay 10,000 crowns just for him that's about 20$ and I think a lot of other people would agree with me and pay this KI please bring the cat pirate back and I can tell you that you will start making money fast if you put him in the crown shop and if you already have him it wont be shown in the crown shop. So please consider this and you should put him as 10,000 crowns because he is exclusive I beg you one eyed jack put this in the commonly requested additions you have seen all the topics people ask about the cat pirate you will us happy and get plenty of money which is a win win If you really cant do this then I understand but please if you can do it for us please!

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
I also agree,I too want cat pirate SO much, but One-eyed Jack told me that the bundle is retired

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013

Nikita Devereaux Lvl 50
I am looking forward to Cat Ninja more