Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

gold limit anger

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
this is partially my fault but hear me out: when I reached the gold limit (100,000 coins) I decided to buy a crown shop item with gold: the buccaners den house which cost 100,000 coins. Stupidly, I bought it. Later, when I reached the first port in Mooshu, I realized that I had very little gold because I had sold some of my extra items earlier. Now, in order to buy new gear and ship parts, I am forced to redo battles for gold: manily the motherload mine battle. If there was not a gold limit, this would not have happend in the first place!

(angrily) Signed
Cunning Connor Carter, Level 41 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
I don't understand the logic to having a limit. Is there a good reason for it?

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
They need to increase the gold amount given, and the gold limit, bc I dont see how anyone could afford a house till they are totally done with the game, sailing and all companions lvl to their max. One of the annoying issues I have with pirates 101.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Eccentric Stephani... on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
They need to increase the gold amount given, and the gold limit, bc I dont see how anyone could afford a house till they are totally done with the game, sailing and all companions lvl to their max. One of the annoying issues I have with pirates 101.
The best way to get more gold is to play with other people. More people in a battle means more treasure chests and more gold. I hit max gold a few times and I play in a constant group of 3.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Even just playing with two I've run into the gold limit three times with one character. But he's the guy that isn't promoting his crew until they can get at least 2 levels per tome, so I've not spent nearly as much on tomes as my first pirate did (and she's hit the gold limit once, although she's well below it now!).

Ensign
Dec 24, 2012
I agree. The gold limit is just a bad idea. They dont have a gold limit in Wizard101 so why should we have the limit? It makes no sense and i have already reached my gold limit and i still have a bunch of stuff left in my backpack i still need to sell.