Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Slow travel.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 19, 2010
I think there should be a faster way to get to worlds or at least a stormgate for every world in every world because when i do a side quest in a diffrent world it takes me almost half a hour do get to the next world.Does anyone else feel like this?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I don't think that's really necessary. What I would rather see is the ability, like we had in Wizard101, to mark our location and return to it later.

The button returning you to Skull Island works a bit like this, but often, because I have to enter different areas, that return get obliterated and I have to go all the way back.

Just as an FYI, from Skull Island, you can get to Monquista, Cool Ranch, and Moo Shu with one stormgate. It does not take you half an hour to do that.

To get to Avernum requires two storm gates, and to get to Valencia requires three. My suggestion: Finish all side quests before going to Valencia.

Also as a side note, if you had the ability to mark your location, you could mark it in Valencia, then port back to Skull Island, do your side quest, then use the mark to get back to Valencia....if we had that mark.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
Soarent on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
I think there should be a faster way to get to worlds or at least a stormgate for every world in every world because when i do a side quest in a diffrent world it takes me almost half a hour do get to the next world.Does anyone else feel like this?
Yes I feel like this.

I would like one good reason for these ridiculously long distances. I can't see any reason for it other than they want us at the computer playing this game all day, a good portion of it watching skyway ribbons.

This is neither interesting (after the first couple times) nor challenging to me. All it does is make me go "Omg! now I have to go all the way back where I started!" I can't just port there because now I'm bound to this life fountain way over here.

This time sink of travel is for me, the biggest turn off to the game. I'd say roughly 30% or more of my game time is spent in travel.

When I have to travel 3 very expansive zones to talk to one npc for something and he sends me 3 or 4 zones and a stormgate or 2 back, that's just too much. Looking at an endless ribbon of skyway in my opinion adds nothing to the game. You can't even leave the computer for a few minutes or your ship is likely to careen off into a few enemies because you can't pass to a certain zone and the game didn't let you just stop there, it turns your ship around, but doesn't keep it on the skyway.

If this is KI's answer to making an expansion last longer, it' doesn't in any way add to the "fun" factor of the game for me. Sure, KI put a lot of work in to this vast scenery of endless skies, but to what purpose really?

I love everything else about Pirate101, but this travel distance time sink is about to kill it for me.

Maybe after we have discovered all the zones of a particular area we can teleport to them in the future? Please consider it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
there should be a faster way to travel that for sure the worst part of this game is how long we have to wait for travel and battles! they need to find a way to reduce the waiting lenght!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Eccentric Esme on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Yes I feel like this.

I would like one good reason for these ridiculously long distances. I can't see any reason for it other than they want us at the computer playing this game all day, a good portion of it watching skyway ribbons.

This is neither interesting (after the first couple times) nor challenging to me. All it does is make me go "Omg! now I have to go all the way back where I started!" I can't just port there because now I'm bound to this life fountain way over here.

This time sink of travel is for me, the biggest turn off to the game. I'd say roughly 30% or more of my game time is spent in travel.

When I have to travel 3 very expansive zones to talk to one npc for something and he sends me 3 or 4 zones and a stormgate or 2 back, that's just too much. Looking at an endless ribbon of skyway in my opinion adds nothing to the game. You can't even leave the computer for a few minutes or your ship is likely to careen off into a few enemies because you can't pass to a certain zone and the game didn't let you just stop there, it turns your ship around, but doesn't keep it on the skyway.

If this is KI's answer to making an expansion last longer, it' doesn't in any way add to the "fun" factor of the game for me. Sure, KI put a lot of work in to this vast scenery of endless skies, but to what purpose really?

I love everything else about Pirate101, but this travel distance time sink is about to kill it for me.

Maybe after we have discovered all the zones of a particular area we can teleport to them in the future? Please consider it.
Agreed. My friend asked me the other day if I were close by to the Buccaneer's Den so that she could teleport to me and not lose her spot. I did so obligingly, but I wish there was some way we could mark our location or something like that.
It would be awesome if we could go to all of the different worlds or areas like we can so easily go to Skull Island. Maybe we can go to the map, click and drag our mouse to get to different areas, and then double click that area so we can teleport there. I know I get really annoyed with having to fly everywhere; sometimes I only have a few minutes left and I want to get my quests done, but all of my time is taken up on just going through the skyways.

~Anne Abbott, level 11 witchdocter ~