Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lvl 60 Ideas: Privateer, Witchdoctor

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
As Pirate 101 gets prepared for an expansion, I would like to add my ideas for powers/talents for each of the classes. My idea is to have 4 talents/powers in total one at lvls 52, 54, 55 and 60. The lvl 52 talent would be trainable by other classes but the others would be class specific.

Witchdoctor

Lvl 52
Name: Focused
Talent(Passive)
Effect: +10% additional health gains on drain spells.
Explanation: Spells like Jobu's breath etc will now return 10% more health(example 60% health regained instead of 50%)

Lvl 54
Name: Mojo Echo
Epic Talent(Passive)
Effect: A 35% chance of an additional strike after a successful magical attack
Explanation: The first Epic Talent for witchdoctors that allows them a chance for an additional strike.

Lvl 55
Name: Mojo Javelin
Power(Active)
Effect: 2x damage, ignores defense must be defended by will, Range: 6 squares.
Explanation: A high damage option for witchdoctors that can strike from a distance.

Lvl 60
Name: Jobu's Resurrection
Power(Active)
Effect: Revive a defeated companion as a henchman
Explanation: Allows a witchdoctor the very powerful ability to revive a companion. However this powerful ability is balanced by the fact that said companion will not be under your direct control but will instead act independently as an ally.

Privateer

Lvl 52
Name: Revitalize
Talent(Passive)
Effect:+5% additional health from all incoming heals
Explanation: All heals(including those used by friends) will give a privateer 5% more health.

Lvl 54
Name: Second Chance
Epic Talent(Passive)
Effect: Upon missing, a second chance to land an attack
Explanation: An epic for privateers that gives them a larger chance to land an attack, especially since this school lacks effective attack talents.

Lvl 55
Name: Stirring Patriotism
Power(Active)
Effect: +25% damage to all friends
Explanation: Another stat boosting talent for privateers, this time for damage.

Lvl 60
Name: Break the Will
Power(Active)
Effect: Target cannot move during the next round. Range: Infinite
Explanation: A power that shuts down one of your enemies ability to move(but not his/her ability to use powers). Great for setting up combos, preventing escapes etc and has the potential to be devastating during pvp.

Read and review :)

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Hi I am a and from the sounds of the things that you said most of this stuff is named almost the same. For example the spell almost always has the same word like jobu, or mojo. Now if you look at the actual names of spells in the game it's the same stuff jobu, and mojo. Ok so what I am trying to say is maybe you could swap jobu and mojo for another word in the game. and maybe you could get rid of one the spells and make something cool like a summoning spell. Now of coarse there your ideas so don't listen to me.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Second chance is useless to most privateers, they tend mostly to only ever use special attacks.

The proposed level 60 ideas are quite bad. Everything else could be examined though.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Again, I can see Pirates gaining 3 talents not 4, but hey, we can always hope right?

For witchdoctors, I think another increase on spooky effects, like 10% would be better than an addition to drain spells, but that is just me.

I love the Mojo Echo Idea, nicely done. Woot!

I also love the Mojo Javelin idea. These would work great for the witchdoctor.

Great Ideas!!!

Now for the Privateers, I don't think a privateer needs the extra incoming heal boost, what they could use are talents like Repel Boarders and Cheap Shot.

Also, not sure if KI reads this, but for some reason, I think Swashbucklers should get loud and Privateers should get pacify, not the other way around like it currently is. But that is my own personal opinion, as I have not trained those talents currently on my Privateer and Swashbuckler and it seems to work out so much better!

I do like the stirring Patriotism, but how about instead of a damage boost, it gives a 10 round increase chance to criticals?

Just my thoughts, cant wait to see what you are thinking for the Musketeers...

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Darth JT on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Again, I can see Pirates gaining 3 talents not 4, but hey, we can always hope right?

For witchdoctors, I think another increase on spooky effects, like 10% would be better than an addition to drain spells, but that is just me.

I love the Mojo Echo Idea, nicely done. Woot!

I also love the Mojo Javelin idea. These would work great for the witchdoctor.

Great Ideas!!!

Now for the Privateers, I don't think a privateer needs the extra incoming heal boost, what they could use are talents like Repel Boarders and Cheap Shot.

Also, not sure if KI reads this, but for some reason, I think Swashbucklers should get loud and Privateers should get pacify, not the other way around like it currently is. But that is my own personal opinion, as I have not trained those talents currently on my Privateer and Swashbuckler and it seems to work out so much better!

I do like the stirring Patriotism, but how about instead of a damage boost, it gives a 10 round increase chance to criticals?

Just my thoughts, cant wait to see what you are thinking for the Musketeers...
I believe the loud for Privateers is for those players that use Privateers as tanks. Swashbucklers don't get the necessary armor to withstand increased attention from mobs (although the high dodge works wonders). I believe the Swashbucklers were set up like Storm wizards...big hitters that naturally attract the mobs attention via the high damage. The pacify is to help them lose that interest (and hide!).

Captain
May 13, 2011
good, but i got a question: what will the animation look like?

this is my suggestion:

focused: the skull thats always in the jobus skills appears above the caster and goes inside him/her

mojo javelin: the caster folds his/her arms like the sword, but grabs the middle and throws it like a normal javelin

jobus resurrection: the dead companion will appear and skulls circle him/her then breathes on the body

Developer
Interesting ideas, and I can confirm a couple of things for you:

1) There will be four new talents for each class... (something like 52, 55, 57, and 60 if i recall-- Ratbeard's memory is not the best while wearing his Sunday PJs...)

2) Mojo Echo is on the list.

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
Interesting ideas, and I can confirm a couple of things for you:

1) There will be four new talents for each class... (something like 52, 55, 57, and 60 if i recall-- Ratbeard's memory is not the best while wearing his Sunday PJs...)

2) Mojo Echo is on the list.
Omg! Yes Mojo echo :D

Witchdoctors ftw.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Captain
May 02, 2009
I like the Ideas. But yeah, Second Chance is kinda useless because I mainly only attack an enemy for the finishing blow of an attack (if Lucky Jack Russell doesn't kill them first ) The witchdoctor moves do, indeed, sound very promosing. But I think that Jobu's Resuractions would work best if you use it before the companion dies because once they die they are removed from the feild, plus if another pirate is close to death and Jobu's ressuration is used then he dies, how would that work?

Wicked Jack Deveraus Level 50 Witchdoctor
Dead-Eye Phillip Laveer Level 50 Privateer