Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctors vs privateer unfair

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Ok this is not funny i was in pvp and i was the last person standing and a level 50 witch doctor come up uses a skill and does 700 damage.... -_- seriously this is the most thing i hate in video games is OP classes while witchdoctors get a ton of unavoidable skills privateers only rely on their companions and luck and i'm tired of it
witchdoctors are pampered and OP'ed i want this to stop and privateers to get more useful skills

Ensign
Mar 30, 2012
Scurvy Orion Lanya... on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Ok this is not funny i was in pvp and i was the last person standing and a level 50 witch doctor come up uses a skill and does 700 damage.... -_- seriously this is the most thing i hate in video games is OP classes while witchdoctors get a ton of unavoidable skills privateers only rely on their companions and luck and i'm tired of it
witchdoctors are pampered and OP'ed i want this to stop and privateers to get more useful skills
As a privateer myself I’m afraid I must respectfully disagree.

Please consider that Privateers are capable of using their buffs to improve the performance of their entire crew at the same time. In a crowded group PvP battle this ability becomes even more dangerous.

Improving the combat capabilities of 16 characters with one card is something I would consider to be a very potent offensive ability.

The Artillery series of attack cards while only moderately powerful damage wise has an infinite range allowing you to put said damage exactly where we want it to go exactly when we want it to be there which is nothing to scoff at.

Privateers are meant to be a support class, not damage powerhouses and I believe our current list of abilities is perfectly suited to accomplish what the class was intended to do.

If you feel your privateer is too weak offensively I would recommend either multi-classing in ways that compensate for that weakness or switching to a more offense oriented class, a witchdoctor perhaps.

Sincerely,
ninja

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
In a PvP match between my level 50 privateer and anyone else's level 50 witchdoctor I'm gonna have to take my privateer over them as I highly doubt I'll ever end up being the one losing. The witchdoctor will hit harder, but I'll heal and go immune and drop mass attacks from a distance. Their chicken buffs are a problem but I can get them as a privateer on items I can equip against them if I want to.

From strongest to weakest I'd place the various classes in the following order:
Privateer, Witchdoctor, Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Buccaneer... and I might reverse Swashbuckler and Musketeer... Buccaneer might move up a bit if played well and properly equipped as two of its items can allow it to be invincible for quite a long time as it gives the Valor's Shield card. If traps and bombs were made invisible I'd also have to bump Musketeer up a position or two, though I think only traps should be invisible. The problem with musketeers in PvP play is their limmitted range.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
seasnake on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
In a PvP match between my level 50 privateer and anyone else's level 50 witchdoctor I'm gonna have to take my privateer over them as I highly doubt I'll ever end up being the one losing. The witchdoctor will hit harder, but I'll heal and go immune and drop mass attacks from a distance. Their chicken buffs are a problem but I can get them as a privateer on items I can equip against them if I want to.

From strongest to weakest I'd place the various classes in the following order:
Privateer, Witchdoctor, Swashbuckler, Musketeer, Buccaneer... and I might reverse Swashbuckler and Musketeer... Buccaneer might move up a bit if played well and properly equipped as two of its items can allow it to be invincible for quite a long time as it gives the Valor's Shield card. If traps and bombs were made invisible I'd also have to bump Musketeer up a position or two, though I think only traps should be invisible. The problem with musketeers in PvP play is their limmitted range.
Ok i think you guys have proved me wrong but i would like to have like a epic talent or 2 just for a edge in battle

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
The best suggestion I can give is to farm places like Abe Pagoda, Friar Sand, and the final 5 dungeons at the turtle. All of these are in Mooshu.

There is some excellent gear for the Privateer that are drops. I've gotten several with Walk in Shadows, Backstab, Backstab x2 w/bleeding, and the Backstab x3 w/bleeding. Plus I've gotten gear that give you minions like the Blue Oni and the Lagooney.

I was surprised how well my L50 Privateer has done in PvP against the other L50 classes. I was thinking, because the Privateer didn't really have any personal attacks, that they would do badly, but alas, I kicked some serious pirate booty ..... and I am not a PvP type person

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
The best suggestion I can give is to farm places like Abe Pagoda, Friar Sand, and the final 5 dungeons at the turtle. All of these are in Mooshu.

There is some excellent gear for the Privateer that are drops. I've gotten several with Walk in Shadows, Backstab, Backstab x2 w/bleeding, and the Backstab x3 w/bleeding. Plus I've gotten gear that give you minions like the Blue Oni and the Lagooney.

I was surprised how well my L50 Privateer has done in PvP against the other L50 classes. I was thinking, because the Privateer didn't really have any personal attacks, that they would do badly, but alas, I kicked some serious pirate booty ..... and I am not a PvP type person
Ok thanks for the tip but i am not that far into the last chapter yet