Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lucky Jack Russel Detail

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 28, 2012
Ensign
Jun 28, 2012
is this problem going to be fixed so there's no confusion?

Community Leader
If the strong talent is removed from him? How do you remove it?
I give my Lucky Jack some strength for the followin reason....

Lucky Jack Russel is a privateer, his basic attacks (Melee) use Strength.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
If the strong talent is removed from him? How do you remove it?
I give my Lucky Jack some strength for the followin reason....

Lucky Jack Russel is a privateer, his basic attacks (Melee) use Strength.
Yeah, I think Juju boosts are done by class: Bucks and Privateer types get STR, Musketeers and Swashbucklers get AGI and Witchdoctors get Will.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Jun 28, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Yeah, I think Juju boosts are done by class: Bucks and Privateer types get STR, Musketeers and Swashbucklers get AGI and Witchdoctors get Will.
Then Juju would be useless if Lucky Jack Russel has no Strong talent; he'd be using Will to attack with instead

Also, I tried Juju for Wing Chun, Juju increased his Will

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Juju boosts your companions primary attack stat, in Lucky Jack's case that is strength. The Strong (attacks with strength) talent that was removed was rather unnecessary because it only appeared on buccaneer companions and a couple of privateer companions. There wasn't any other similar talents for other companions. They probably should have left it in for privateers and added a similar one to indicate the companion attacks with will, since there are some privateer companions that do (bison shaman for example).

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Juju effects your comapnions by their class, because they never change weapons. If your wearing a set of handguns, and your a witchdoctor, youll get the agility boost because your weapon gets bonuses from that skill.

so...

companions- get juju bonus based on class

yourself- get juju bonus from weapon equiped

Ensign
Jun 28, 2012
KiwiChickenz on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Juju boosts your companions primary attack stat, in Lucky Jack's case that is strength. The Strong (attacks with strength) talent that was removed was rather unnecessary because it only appeared on buccaneer companions and a couple of privateer companions. There wasn't any other similar talents for other companions. They probably should have left it in for privateers and added a similar one to indicate the companion attacks with will, since there are some privateer companions that do (bison shaman for example).
A couple of privateer companions? you mean, like Handsome Dan from the Admiral Bundle I believe? But with Lucky Jack Russel's Strong talent gone, I'm not sure whether or not Juju's really increasing the right stat.

Community Leader
Brigadier C on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Then Juju would be useless if Lucky Jack Russel has no Strong talent; he'd be using Will to attack with instead

Also, I tried Juju for Wing Chun, Juju increased his Will
Just because you haven't talented for strength doesn't mean he doesn't have any strength. When you talent for a stat, you are adding onto the base stat that grows with your companion as they level up. For example, at level 10, Jack Russell will have 25 STR. At level 12, that goes up to 26. If you have talented +1 Str, those numbers go up to 26 and 27, respectively. He still uses str, just has a little bit less of it if you don't talent for it.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!