Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest - Thirsty for revenge

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
Did the drop rate for this quest ever get fixed? I've been fighting Monquisitian ships for over an hour now with my alternate character and have not received a single holy water drop from the ships. I remember it taking days to complete this quest for my level 50 witchdoctor. Quests like this really make me consider canceling my subscription out of frustration. I don't know if the low drop rate is a bug or intentional but grindy quests like this really take the fun out of the game.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Oh man, I remember that. And those fights were not exactly easy either.

I farmed that holy water for a good 2 hours straight. Man, what an undertaking that was.

Not sure whether drop rate has been adjusted or not.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
Maybe this is an obvious thing, but I was despairing of ever finishing that quest, when my daughter pointed out that if I were to simply destroy the ships instead of boarding them, it goes much faster. (I had assumed that since the drop rate is supposed to be better if you fight them on board, that I should do it that way. But the fights take so much longer than simply destroying the ships.) The drop rate still isn't great, but I finished in a reasonable amount of time.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
smvb on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Maybe this is an obvious thing, but I was despairing of ever finishing that quest, when my daughter pointed out that if I were to simply destroy the ships instead of boarding them, it goes much faster. (I had assumed that since the drop rate is supposed to be better if you fight them on board, that I should do it that way. But the fights take so much longer than simply destroying the ships.) The drop rate still isn't great, but I finished in a reasonable amount of time.
I never board the ships. I always destroy the ships instead of boarding because it just takes too much time. The drop rates are just really bad. There are similar quests in Mooshu where you have to destroy ships to collect items and those take a very long time as well unless you have 3 or 4 other people on the same quest. Unfortunately, the skyways are usually empty of other pirates for me when I have to do "defeat ships and collect X quests". I don't know if the low drop rates are intentional or working as intended, but it's frustrating.