Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

KI Free Games Question

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
My laptop crashed last week and I'm limited to internet access via my phone. I'd really like to play some of the free games at http://www.kifreegames.com; such as Grub Guardian, which is one of my favorites.

Sadly, I don't have an Apple device; I have an android. Are there any plans to make KI sites available on android in the future?

~ Spring

Administrator
Unfortunately I can't get you a simple yes or no answer on this one, Springwolf, but I can definitely pass along your desire to have KIFreeGames access on Android!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Thank you as always Jack.

That works for me. I hope enough people on Androids put in a request to make it worthwhile.

~ Spring

Community Leader
Pirate's Portal on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
Thank you as always Jack.

That works for me. I hope enough people on Androids put in a request to make it worthwhile.

~ Spring
Every time I see this pop up, I make sure to mention I'd like to see these on android, so here's another one for you!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Captain
May 02, 2009
Will there be any plans to add Pirate101 themed games to KI Free Games?

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
coolster50 on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
Will there be any plans to add Pirate101 themed games to KI Free Games?
I was wondering that to. I am very skilled at Coin Drop and Pirates Pub but want to get more then just clothing and ship parts. Also I was wondering if you could make it so that the clothing it gives you is almost every time your school. I always get Privateer and Buccaneer stuff, even though I am a Swashbuckler.
Bristly Kevin

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
Every time I see this pop up, I make sure to mention I'd like to see these on android, so here's another one for you!
And another one!

Community Leader
I have to throw in my 2 gold pieces on the.... its time for Android support bandwagon.

W101 has had an iApp (wizardbloks) for a very long time. Catering to just iDevices (ie Apple) shows a bit of disdain for other device users. Most Apple device users tend to be a bit snobby about their devices, I will never own one (mac, iPhone, iPad) simply because I dont want to be labeled a user of their products.

Catering to iDevices only limits your clientele to a small circle of users KI.

Open your eyes to the world of mobile devices. iDevice tunnelvision isnt taking you anywhere.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
I have to throw in my 2 gold pieces on the.... its time for Android support bandwagon.

W101 has had an iApp (wizardbloks) for a very long time. Catering to just iDevices (ie Apple) shows a bit of disdain for other device users. Most Apple device users tend to be a bit snobby about their devices, I will never own one (mac, iPhone, iPad) simply because I dont want to be labeled a user of their products.

Catering to iDevices only limits your clientele to a small circle of users KI.

Open your eyes to the world of mobile devices. iDevice tunnelvision isnt taking you anywhere.
As much as I totally agree with you, I also happen to know the reason that more apps are available for Apple devices (iOS) than show up for Android or any other OS: standardization. It's much easier to develop for iOS because all the devices are essentially the same as far as what types of programs they will run. I can't get too technical because I don't have the knowledge to do so, but with Android OS, it works on so many different types of devices that it's difficult to make a peg that is shaped to correctly fit in that many different sized holes. It's like the difference between developing a game to work on the Wii and a game that will work on all possible variations of the PC. Just like on PC games, there will be minimum system requirements and often on Android apps there will be a list of smartphones the app won't work on because they may not have the right flash player or enough memory or whatever.

That being said, that's no excuse!! Where my Loot Guardian app for my android that would let me level up my companions?!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!