Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
theprivateers on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
think about it. old scratch is your only witchdoctor, unless your a witchdoctor yourself, or a swashbuckler. also, he's the only dead companion you'll ever get, that also summons an extra creature to help! though he isn't the strongest, extra help is better than no help, right?

brave Jonathan level 26
yeah about old scratch being the only dead companion... He's not. you can get a wizened zombie from the presidio if you chose mutiny as how your parents died.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Kronosroses on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
yeah about old scratch being the only dead companion... He's not. you can get a wizened zombie from the presidio if you chose mutiny as how your parents died.
Also, when you're doing Miranda dungeon, I think that the bonsun drowned zombie can be bought after defeating him. I saw someone have him but im not sure.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
that accursed chicken nurse, with no damage, no aim, no abilities, and no redeeming qualities, that somehow shows up in almost half my fights even though she is last on my list XD

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
My least favorite companions are...
1. Monsquistador Crossbowman ( if i spelled it correct)
2.Yakooza
3.Crab Hermit
4.Nurse Quin

Patrick
Keeper of the Pax
Obnoxious Brian Silver
Wedding Crasher
Luke Yellowfish
Vice Admiral

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
Least favorite companions you say? Hmm let me think...
Aha here is my TOP 6 least favorite companions who are always on the last of three pages of companions
1. Rooster Cogburn
2. Lefty (crane rifleman)
3. Bones McGee
4. Old scratch
5. Sky snake
6. Batacuda

Ensign
Dec 10, 2013
For me it's a toss up between old scratch and dead mike dead mike is sooooo weak and sure he has riposte but he's always the first to die old scratch I think is my least favorite because I'm against wizardry or hoodoo in pirate 101 because that's what made my mom make me not play wizard101 plus he fizzles to often and I don't like the name

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
my top 5 weakest companions are:
1. crazy monquistador
2. nadya
3. nanu nanu
4. nurse quinn
5. crab hermit

Captain
May 13, 2011
pirate839092 on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
You don't know what a fizzle is?!?!
A fizzle is basically a mess-up of a magical attack. On Wizard101, they always get them with wizards and enemies. Old Scratch is definitely one for fizzling. I think Old Scratch would be much better with promotions! (Um, not that I have actually promoted him yet, he he..)
When Old Scratch fizzles, his magical attack backfires, and he never actually hits the enemy on that turn, so no health is decreased.
BTW, fizzling occurs occasionally with witchdoctors' attacks(both enemy and pirate witchdoctors) just like blocking and dodging occasionally occurs with the other classes' attacks.
Sorry if I was a little rude there...

Ambitious Natalie Brewster
heres some fizzle trivia:

the witchdoctor only fizzles if the attack covers more than one area. if the attack can only hit one enemy, the enemy will dodge as usual instead

Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
Call me unoriginal, but I hate Nurse Quinn and the Crab hermit you get in valencia. These guys have no promotions, no good attacks, and no survivability skills. When i saw that you could put companions to sleep so they could never join a fight, i thought i would never use that. These two made me change my mind.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
RyeKishatu2013 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
Also, when you're doing Miranda dungeon, I think that the bonsun drowned zombie can be bought after defeating him. I saw someone have him but im not sure.
yeah he can after you do all Miranda quests i have him so i would know you unlock him after doing all side AND story line quests. Also if you are a witch doctor like me (witch doctors are the best btw) you get a skeleton musketeer from a side quest in ruined lighthouse, flotsam skyway, skull island. btw the quest giver is in flotsam docks, flotsam skyway, skull island.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
heres some fizzle trivia:

the witchdoctor only fizzles if the attack covers more than one area. if the attack can only hit one enemy, the enemy will dodge as usual instead
it is also witch doctor pirates if they are above level 35 but they have to use staffs or wands.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
Nurse Quinn and Crab Hermit are ok.....but what drives me crazy is Gracie Conrad's horrible epics and powers and her weak damage!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Kronosroses on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
yeah he can after you do all Miranda quests i have him so i would know you unlock him after doing all side AND story line quests. Also if you are a witch doctor like me (witch doctors are the best btw) you get a skeleton musketeer from a side quest in ruined lighthouse, flotsam skyway, skull island. btw the quest giver is in flotsam docks, flotsam skyway, skull island.
Oh yeah, Bones McGee is an undead companion. Although I do hate side companions, he is one of my favorite side companions, along with Itzen Kaaan

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
I'm sure someone has already said my least favorite, Nurse Quinn. In my opinion whichdoctors that use melee epic talents aren't as good. I also think the heal is pretty much the only good thing about Nurse Quinn.

Noble Ryan Thompson

Ensign
Feb 05, 2013
For me, it would have to be the Monquistador Crossbowman that Buccaneers get. Return fire is the most useless epic talent that a musketeer can get with their such poor dodge rate. To make it worse, he can't even get burst fire when you promote him. He and Old Scratch were put to sleep a long time ago for me

Merciful Kyle Eastwick lvl 61

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Merciful Kyle East... on Apr 12, 2014 wrote:
For me, it would have to be the Monquistador Crossbowman that Buccaneers get. Return fire is the most useless epic talent that a musketeer can get with their such poor dodge rate. To make it worse, he can't even get burst fire when you promote him. He and Old Scratch were put to sleep a long time ago for me

Merciful Kyle Eastwick lvl 61
Old Scratch is the second best witchdoctor companion, if you promote him.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2010
I'd say Old Scratch is my least favorite. This is literally him: "Oh yah, I'm gonna kill you with my magic wand! OH NO I FIZZLED!!!" I hate it everytime he gets in battle because he nonstops casts spells and ALWAYS fizzled. Even the undead pirate he summons is weak! I hope he gets a promotion soon or I get higher leveled because I'm not that far in the game.
Sincerely,
Perilous Olivia Hornigold

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Greedy Jacob Maxwe... on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Nurse Quinn and Crab Hermit are ok.....but what drives me crazy is Gracie Conrad's horrible epics and powers and her weak damage!
Looks like someone doesn't have a war golem yet that can be level 68 when Gracie summons one when she is level 65.

Ensign
Nov 30, 2013
Hmm, mine for me is Nausica (yes, call me crazy but it's true.)
She's a tank if you put damage protection on her, especially valor's fortress. Bad memories I've had facing her in pvp, and to mention she has up to 5 epics. Burst fire and true grit always kills my Bonnie and Zeena. At least she doesn't have over watch or quick draw, if I remember correctly lol

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Paige Jackson on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, mine for me is Nausica (yes, call me crazy but it's true.)
She's a tank if you put damage protection on her, especially valor's fortress. Bad memories I've had facing her in pvp, and to mention she has up to 5 epics. Burst fire and true grit always kills my Bonnie and Zeena. At least she doesn't have over watch or quick draw, if I remember correctly lol
Don't worry your not the only one I also hate Nausica she is like so dramatic when she gets hit plus she is to big and she shows to much skin like I'm ok with man centaur but not with lady centaur also she doesn't have any promo moves like attacking three time and make the same damage of the basic attack Nausica benched her and I'm not crazy. Also Zeena can kill her or El Toro KI should make like a man centaur named Nausico and give him the same promotions Nausica has.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The Ponderer on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I must say my fellow pirate you must not be training her correctly because she and rat beard have become my two best and most valuable players. I do not know how you can insult her like this
Back when I promoted Annie to sniper, she was about my level and when she got in combat she died in TWO HITS. I trained her well too.

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Back when I promoted Annie to sniper, she was about my level and when she got in combat she died in TWO HITS. I trained her well too.
Were they critical hits what enemy level what enemy Miss Annie does not die with to hits maybe she needed more health or maybe the two hitters used burst fire or relentless or maybe you daydreamed and she is not a bad companion she is my firstmate also were they swashbucklers?

Ensign
Aug 11, 2013
Crab Hermit, with Battacuda as a close second.

Ensign
Jan 27, 2014
old scratch is my least favorite I don't really like him wait no I HATE him his accuracy is bad he's really weak and he doesn't get a promotion at a low level

Ensign
Feb 10, 2013
Lets see whats my least favorite companion well i like them all really but if i made a list from top worst 5-1 this would be my list
5- Nurse quinn she is decent but she can die easily and almost misses everything

4- Monquistdor crow bow man hmmm a musket that receives one promo and hardly improves and his epics are not good

3- Hmm who was it! ah! monkey king its good he has second chance but his lack of renthless and his terrible accuracy bad health eh decent dodge just makes him join and die companion

2- subdadai- worst starter companion for me bad accuracy bad dodge and he just gets blocked so so easily and he is not much fun to play as

1- Milo gray tail for starters he doesn't have the epics a swashbuckler could have poor poor health good damage but it doesn't make up for his accuracy health and dodge

These were my least favorite companions i would love to hear yours! lvl 57 Amanda dove