Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 02, 2011
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
I must say my fellow pirate you must not be training her correctly because she and rat beard have become my two best and most valuable players. I do not know how you can insult her like this

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Ponderer on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
I must say my fellow pirate you must not be training her correctly because she and rat beard have become my two best and most valuable players. I do not know how you can insult her like this
Yea I agree, My Bonnie is a serious kick tush girl. No one goes near hear without sustaining some serious damage or getting knocked totally off the board.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Richard FrostBreez... on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
The worst companion I have is Lucky Jack Russell, he is so weak, he is lvl 27 and he only hits 50-70, and i have him trained with rough rank two
He is horrible
Diego Hawser witchdoctor lvl 59
Well there is your problem. Look at your level vs his. You need to train him. He promotes again at Level 47 and will get even more epics. Try investing some time and gold into him and you will be surprised.

Ensign
Aug 18, 2012
I have not finished the game yet, and i'm only a level 11. Though it is time to throw Old Scratch under the bus for me. Enemies continue to block all his attacks, he keeps fizzling, and even though he is a level 11, he does the lowest damage of all in my gang, like 43-63 damage, while others do from 80-100 damage.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2011
TheDragonTamer237 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Mine is Subodai, my first companion, or Tricky Vinny. I almost never use training points on them unless I want to make them stronger. They're not very strong to begin with, though, which is irrtiating in battle.
Subadai is not that great at first, but once you promote him he gets a lot of criticals, and has massive life. same with bonne person who doesn't like her. Bonne gets better once you promote her once or twice. She will possibly be yer favorite after the third promotion.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
I have to agree with some people about Bonnie. I can't say that she's bad, because she isn't. No companion is truly "bad" or "horrible" or "sucks", but Bonnie doesn't work too well with me. And that's coming from a level 65 Privateer. She can be decent at times, but for the most part, she isn't the musket I'd rely on myself. Her burst fire seems to be dormant all the time, and she usually ends up missing the enemies at the wrong times. And yes, my Bonnie is a 65, fully promoted, and with Overwatch, Double Tap, Burst Fire 2, Stock Assault, and Quick Draw. But that's just my thoughts. Same goes for Scratch, he seems to be a pacifist.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
i would have to say mine is old scratch. he's pretty bad to begin with, and i disklike witch doctors anyways, but he has weak damage, and the sometimes he decides to try and use a witch doctor spell but it fizzles EVERY TIME!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
TheDragonTamer237 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Mine is Subodai, my first companion, or Tricky Vinny. I almost never use training points on them unless I want to make them stronger. They're not very strong to begin with, though, which is irrtiating in battle.
dude just promote subodai to warrior and your complaints will be gone.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
have you promoted her yet?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
crazy monqistador crossbowman! i hate him! but i guess i should not complain i mean, mine is only level 18

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
DEFINITELY Monquistador Explorer/crossbowman. They don't get good epics like burst fire, relentless or even bladestorm, and you don't even choose any for them. One of them only has 2 epics, and they had to be hold the line and turn the tide.
The musketeer one gets return fire.
Really KingsIsle! He's a musketeer, and they never dodge, especially other musketeers. And he has no powers, you cant pick them either. And it's not like they're as good as iago, who hits like a truck. No, these companions are feathers! Plus their accuracy isn't to good. On my swash i'll just put them as firstmate and kill them while the rest of my companions (The one's I actually like) are safely huddling at the corner of the map.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
hmm, lets see here:
old scratch
nurse quinn
crab hermit
ratbeard
birgus latro
milo graytail
dead mike
skeletal cowboy
barnabus just for accuracy
froggo villa
sarah steele
tricky vinny
monkey king
..... and ESPECIALLY bonnie anne

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
thats what all people say have you at least tried giving talents because thats what affects what your companion like on health damage the possibility they will hit and the level but to be honest the worst companions i think are the yakooza and the bison champion because no matter what they'll always do that hit that most people can block and least class i like are witchdoctors first of all like what is it with the magic it keeps getting fizzled thats why i don't like wizard101.

Sneaky Bruno Tew Privateer Level 65

Ensign
Nov 17, 2013
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
I don't like Bonnie Anne I'm sure she can kill a troggie but even when I use her super hit (scatter blast ) she hardly takes out half of a cutthroat a life that's why I want to upgrade her

Ensign
Nov 07, 2008
masterjasper9. on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
What do other classes get as their companion at the beginning. I know that Swashbucklers get the horse barbarian cause i am one but i dont know the others
I know that for Witchdoctors you get Kan Po, who is a swashbuckler. For Privateers you get Egg Shen. That is as much as I know. Bye!

Tall Valkoor Xanderman level 23 Witchdoctor Second in command of Cthulhu's army.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
My least favorite companion is old scratch. He's so infuriating. He fizzles all the time and has bad damage. Plus he's squishy. He is a big disappointment for a story line companion.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Duke of Westminste... on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
My least favorite companion is old scratch. He's so infuriating. He fizzles all the time and has bad damage. Plus he's squishy. He is a big disappointment for a story line companion.
He's really good when you promote him to a Houngan! I gave him good Mojo Echo, and he rocks!

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Louis LeBisque is my all time least favorite.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
He's really good when you promote him to a Houngan! I gave him good Mojo Echo, and he rocks!
They do have to work with scratch. I remember my musket was in a dungeon in cool ranch one time with a lvl 34 promoted scratch, and the dungeon had enemies between lvl 28-32, whom were all muskets. Scratch showed up each battle and could not land a single hit on each of the battles. Sad to say, I had to bench him, not worth the misses. :/

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
DEFINITELY Monquistador Explorer/crossbowman. They don't get good epics like burst fire, relentless or even bladestorm, and you don't even choose any for them. One of them only has 2 epics, and they had to be hold the line and turn the tide.
The musketeer one gets return fire.
Really KingsIsle! He's a musketeer, and they never dodge, especially other musketeers. And he has no powers, you cant pick them either. And it's not like they're as good as iago, who hits like a truck. No, these companions are feathers! Plus their accuracy isn't to good. On my swash i'll just put them as firstmate and kill them while the rest of my companions (The one's I actually like) are safely huddling at the corner of the map.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
You do realize that the monqustan companions can promote right? Usually if you cant train an epic on them right away it usually means that they have at least one promotion at the later levels of the game.

Also, for those who say old scratch is bad because of the fizzles, the accuracy is a compensation for the ability to hit multiple targets at once. Besides, you have a 75% chance to hit each enemy, and even then you can't expect a companion to be able to land every single one of their attacks in a fight; sometimes they just get a bad roll of the dice so-to-speak, so there's that at least.

Also, like treasurelover said, the talents you give a companion can really make a difference in a fight. If you just give them random talents with no regards to their specialties, then you can't really say that they're bad when you're not taking the time to properly build them now can you?

Ensign
Mar 13, 2011
Well, for my opinion, Old Scratch is not really good in battle, especially for a level 12. I am level 16 yes, I know i should level him up more, but I have better companions. Anyways, for his level, he has really low damage on enemies and whenever he pops up in battle, I feel quite embarrassed . So he is my least favorite companion.

, Noble Danielle Taylor

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Cheryl: Not counting benched companions, the worst one for this crew would have to be Nadya. She's AWFUL, deals very little damage, and when I see her pop up in a fight, I know we will have problems.

Hannah: Ghost Singer the Bison Spirit. He is just plain horrible, and he pops up very often, even though he's on the second row of my list (First row is for good companions)

Esmerelda: My Crazy Monquistador Cabeza Quesada. Ugh, when he pops up, there is a 50/50 chance that we will lose, the chance growing if my second worst member Don Esteban Carayas pops up too.

Stephanie: My crazy water mole spearman (forgot his name). He is weak, doesn't deal much damage, and has horrible, horrible accuracy. If he pops up, He'll get taken put within a few rounds.

Natalie: Nanu Nanu. Same as for Stephanie.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Mine is ghost singer he was good and has a healing spell but when you get high he gets thrown down the ranks he comes with witch hunter which is usless but this is the part I messed up I gave him second chance when he had really good accuracy best out of my team I should have done relentless actually I'm going to reset him lol can't believe I forgot him now I want to say this but my favorite is lefty yes he is but shooting craniac (pun lol) his overwatch with burst fire is epic he always burst fires and critical alot doing around 180 damage and frequently takes out an enemy and has 900+ health he might be a bonnie killer I need to test this because all far it's rooster cogburn that kills bonnie

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I am amazed how many people dislike Bonnie Anne. I'm level 40 swashbuckler and Bonnie has been my first mate since day one and hasn't left since. She doesn't die quickly to me. If anything, she's the last companion to go down and that rarely happens.

Subodai? I agree he's not so great until he's promoted. Although, but he's been top 8 on my list even since he was promoted. I got him Relentless and it is as awesome as Bonnie Anne's Burst Fire; it can get INSANE!!!

Sarah Steele isn't so bad. Although she's promoted to Mouse Corsair, she still is usually the first of my companions to die. Then again... all my swashbucklers are usually the first to die. It's hard to cover them when their such a big target because they don't have the peaceful talent.

I don't like Old Scratch either. Ever since he was promoted to Undead Bokor I'll admit he's my best Witchdoctor... and that's not saying much. The only Witchdocors I have is him, Crab Hermit, and Nurse Quinn. All of them have horrible accuracy, dodge, and damage! Old Scratch is just not AS bad.

Nurse Quinn? Enough has been said about her as is; no need for me to repeat. I just want to say even her healing isn't useful. She doesn't stay alive long enough for my team to actually NEED it. I could use it on her, but honestly I'd rather she die and stay out of the way.

Now the Weasel Gambler incredibly annoying. His range is horrible! I'm not even a musketeer and I can shoot Hurl Knives farther than he can. That is not good. That is a shame.

I think we should be able to buy ZZZ's with coins and have some kind of higher maximum so our whole crew won't be hibernating. That or have a personal tavern full of unwanted companions and they can just live there. If we had the ability to get rid of them permanently, some of us might do that to the wrong ones and regret it later.