Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
GBalance101 on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
You're kidding, right? Gaspard is not bad at all, and once Barney gets his first promo he is a beast! Why do you all hate Gaspard? Sure, his name means "Gaspard of Rat", but he is a spinning wheel of pure destruction in his epic hit!

George Gordon, lvl 23
I agree with ya about all the hate Gaspard gets.. the guinea pig is pure destruction, especially in his second promotion. I have him on Swashbuckler and I always call him the "Bowling Ball of Doom"!

Crafty Kiley Hawkins Lvl 50
Stubborn Andrea Orton Lvl 24

Ensign
Oct 23, 2011
For me, it is any companion that does not make any sounds!

No, the Batacuda does not count.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
It's a cross between Nurse Quinn and Batacuda. They miss a LOT!

Captain
May 13, 2011
i have a batacuda, yule trogg, and monquistans that are horrible, but what i actually like the least is the monkey king. everybody talks about him like hes a god, but he disappointed me. he only pokes and rarely hits with anything, even with second chance. his jumping attack is weak and he only does it like 0-3 times in a battle. i only had him do his jump and swipe attack like once in my entire gaming history. i know my keisuke poked him to death all the time, but he doesnt need to do the same. see? the legendary monkey king loses horribly to an old goat with a stick

Ensign
Apr 09, 2011
After reading all these post, I am very suprised y'all missed the absolutely worst companions of all...

Scorpius and Sky Snake are absolutely useless. I am thankful that KI developers added a sleep option and companion management. They are asleep at the bottom of the list because I can't shoot them myself to take them out of every battle they show up in.

Of course, close behind them is the battacuda.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
we need more ZZZ sleep tokens I have 2 pages of companions that stink Only about half my first page is worth using. In the herder content before ki decided to make it easier getting 2 "lame" companions could mean losing a fight :)

Ensign
Mar 15, 2013
Mine is Subodai because I can't lvl up my swashbuckler, that means I can't get him to a horse warrior so that means it is really l.a.m.e. lol

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
If I had to choose, it would be Tricky Vinny. I was never a big fan of musketeers. (no offence to the musketeers out there.)

I thought that they didn't have that much health ( I could be wrong on that one ) and they barely did any damage.( Although I will admit that I was suprised that the Pearl-handled Peacemakers did more damage than my daggers. ) I thought that that the only thing good about them was their ranged attacks.

Anyway, my thoughts were the prime example of Tricky vinny. ( Not to mention that like a few other characters, he can't walk that far in a turn. )

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Honestly, my least favorite companions is, by far, is Old Scratch. He has really low health and I just really dislike Witch Doctors. Sorry Witch Doctors! (Wizards are where it really is)

Have a Great Day!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Call me crazy, but on my highest leveled character (Swashbuckler, 58) I actually like Tricky Vinny and the Crazy Monquistador. Not both of them in the same fight, mind you, but if I get only one I can tolerate them.

As for my least favorite... hmm. I will say that I agree on the fact that Nurse Quinn and the Crab Hermit are horrible companions. Next would be the Weasel Gambler for me. He rarely criticals and he doesn't hit that often. I've boosted his accuracy, but my luck (or is it his luck?) hates me.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

you are like me I have gaspars de vole and Louis LeStupid or Louis LeWeak

Ensign
Feb 11, 2013
I think i say my bison shaman. he is weak and only does about 100 damage on his EPIC hits. but i like subodia (not sure if i misspelled lol) he is AMAZING at horse khan, and i know that because i see him a lot. wing chun is also good, at his second promotion that is, and i am about to promote him for awesomeness, but old scratch isn't too bad once you get him to Hogan.

Benjamin level 47 musketeer

Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
Louis De Bisque

Old Scratch

Romba (Crazed WaterMole Spearmen)

Golden Hawk (bison scout)

And of course Nurse Quinn, but come on you would need to get the right things for Nurse Quinn. She has very good damage.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

Louis just utterly, utterly is not a nice guy. He's bad in battle and mouths off everyone in my crew. If he could stop talking and have his dialouge replaced, I I would be so happy.

Ensign
Apr 15, 2009
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
I totally agree, Bonnie isn't that great, she always dies for me and I have her at about level 50 and I am 53.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
my least favorite companion is the bison spirit he dies quickly in cool ranch and used to show up in my fights but he doesn't anymore and my second one is the batacuda when he shows up I lose fights

Ensign
Jun 13, 2013
I would have to say old scratch and dead mike.

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Two words. Old Scratch. Not only is he annoying, but he is terrible at combat. His promotions are hard, and they aren't worth it. You may be excited about it, but later on, you get annoyed.

The Privateer'n Wizard

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Sfg271 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
I would have to say old scratch and dead mike.
Actually, Mike isn't that bad. He's one of the few known companions to have vengeance strike and riposte. He's quite useful in combat!

My least favorite is definitely Louis le Bisque. He's kinda annoying, so he's usually benched.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Actually, Mike isn't that bad. He's one of the few known companions to have vengeance strike and riposte. He's quite useful in combat!

My least favorite is definitely Louis le Bisque. He's kinda annoying, so he's usually benched.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
I second that emotion.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
ZoeyDawn999 on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm going with either Nurse Quinn, The Crab Hermit from Valencia, or the Monquistian companions. They always die on me and really do not help out in battle for me. They look cool, but just not the companions I want. I wish there was a way to get rid of companions (and maybe get some gold from selling), but you know, the game is still new, so it'll have updates come later on.
ugh the crossbowman he is SO weak he dies like in every battle

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Privateer of Wizar... on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Two words. Old Scratch. Not only is he annoying, but he is terrible at combat. His promotions are hard, and they aren't worth it. You may be excited about it, but later on, you get annoyed.

The Privateer'n Wizard
Oh Sierra, mon ami, (excuse the Polarian) he's not bad at all! Sis, do remember that you haven't promoted him yet... There are much worse than you might think. But it is your opinion.

Sneaky Emma Everhart

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
Nurse Quinn! Nurse Quinn! She is my last companion, and she always comes, and she always misses! Hiyyaaaaa! I can't support her! And after her goes the Crazy Monquistador, but at least he doesn't miss his strikes!
Oh and by the way, I do like Gaspard de Vole a lot. At my birthday I had Crowns. After bbuying a ship, I bought Giordano Bravo with my Crowns left, to test him. I don't regret it at all. He's cool.

Noble Nicholas Nichols level 65 and proud to be!

Ensign
May 01, 2012
Wolf Strongshield on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
Louis De Bisque

Old Scratch

Romba (Crazed WaterMole Spearmen)

Golden Hawk (bison scout)

And of course Nurse Quinn, but come on you would need to get the right things for Nurse Quinn. She has very good damage.
You have OBVIOUSLY NOT promoted any of these companions! Louis leBisque has a huge range, super high armor (higher than my rat admirals) and lots of health. Old Scratch has a huge hit area and multiple useful moves like mojo echo and summon minion. Romba, ya, not so much... Golden Hawk is actually and random name and if you don't think these people are good you haven't gotten far in the game.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2009
my last favorite hmm i have to say is the water mole musketeer cause well he has no promos and does't due allot of damage good health but i seen better