Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 09, 2012
Either Carcarius Grimtooth or Bison Scout

Ensign
Jan 24, 2015
CaptainAureus on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
I've never seen him in action except during that quest in Cool Ranch.
Billy the Kid is restricted to buccaneers.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
I can say my least favorite companions would be Nurse Quinn, her fighting style is attacking with a medical bag instead of an actual weapon, but she does pull out some good hits every now and then. Then there is Froggo Villa, he seems to be an easy target and his attacks aren't impressive. Finally, Salty Tom Grey, he is not exactly the fighting type anyway; to get him to attack, you have get him very close to use his spell attacks instead of hitting the opponents from the distance with wider range like most Witchdoctors.

So there are my three least favorite companions: Nurse Quinn, Froggo Villa and Salty Tom Grey

P.S. Those three are also helpful within the crew even if they need to approve; they are like a family, you'll have a few lazy children in it that sits around does nothing

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Strayer75 on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:
I can say my least favorite companions would be Nurse Quinn, her fighting style is attacking with a medical bag instead of an actual weapon, but she does pull out some good hits every now and then. Then there is Froggo Villa, he seems to be an easy target and his attacks aren't impressive. Finally, Salty Tom Grey, he is not exactly the fighting type anyway; to get him to attack, you have get him very close to use his spell attacks instead of hitting the opponents from the distance with wider range like most Witchdoctors.

So there are my three least favorite companions: Nurse Quinn, Froggo Villa and Salty Tom Grey

P.S. Those three are also helpful within the crew even if they need to approve; they are like a family, you'll have a few lazy children in it that sits around does nothing
You know what's in that medical bag? The physician's desk reference, a very heavy and informative book, that hurts like heck to be hit with...

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
Well, I would say all Monquistian companions because they are weak. I would recommend to give them new orders

~ Erin

Ensign
May 30, 2010
I don't have a Nurse Quinn, and I have a soft spot for all the cool ranch part one companions, It has to be the inoshishi chief that you get in Mooshu.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2014
Old scratch because he FIZZLES a lot when you get him and his minion is really weak

Ensign
May 30, 2010
captain whiebeard on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
Old scratch because he FIZZLES a lot when you get him and his minion is really weak
Hey while you are right that he is Old Fizzle, a
Great way to boost his summon, is to upgrade his spooky talent, I know that this is more than you wanted to know, but yah

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
The crab guy!

I hate him, but I never tried him in combat, just not so nice appearance!

Smart Aedan Zest

Ensign
May 06, 2012
To be completely honest, Prince Yulefest. He's just not a very good companion in general. No offense to KI's Christmas companions.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
i have never really liked wing chun ( my starting companion) he was just.. different lol but other than that he is my companions and i like them all!

Brave Alexandra Armstrong

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
rubyman356 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
i'm a level 15 musketeer and honestly Wing Chun is the worst. even though his dodge and accuracy are high his damage is extremely low, even though he is level 10.

(in case you don't know who he is Wing Chun is the companion you break out of prison at the start of the game)
YOU are Totally right!! i mean honestly! really bad...

Brave Alexandra Armstrong

Ensign
May 31, 2014
TheDragonTamer237 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Mine is Subodai, my first companion, or Tricky Vinny. I almost never use training points on them unless I want to make them stronger. They're not very strong to begin with, though, which is irrtiating in battle.
How can you not like Subodai He is awesome He is by far my favorite, i don't see how anyone can possibly hate him. And did you really say he's not tough Really Ok, rant over. -Wolf

Ensign
Jul 11, 2011
I dunno. I love all my companions...
ARGGHGH!!!!
I'm choking on lies!

To be honest, I don't like Chumba Wumba. I was so happy that I got him, and I spent many crowns on him. But no matter how epic and amazing he is, he is still pretty bad at fighting.
I also don't like el toro.

In order:

1. Oingo Boingo (Chumba Wumba clone)2.l toro. Hate the guy

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
So far for me, on my lvl 23, both of the Monquistador companions, and Nurse Quinn.
Not to be negative or anything,(even though that's basically what this post's for) but those three are
pretty much useless .

Sincerely,
ChrissyFlower

Ensign
Jun 17, 2012
I don't like Nanu Nanu. My main character is a privateer so i got him for free, but if you don't get him for free then i do not recommend buying him.

Hardy Haley

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
Ahoy!

I haven't gotten very far into the game (only level 27), but I still have least favorite and favorite companions. I think that rather than a companion being "terrible or bad" its just that companion doesn't work for my style. It's also due to change as I continue to play as my opinions will always be changing! Here's my list for now, however:

1. Monquistan Crossbowman: This is definitely my least appreciated companion. Low health, really no epics worth anything, and bad accuracy puts him on the "Sailing List" I have to get Nautical Experience.

2. As much as I LOVE the look of all the Water Mole companions, the Water Mole slingman, just doesn't cut it for me. I wish he had more to offer in terms of epics and powers. Too bad.

3. Bonnie Anne. If you haven't noticed already, I struggle with using musketeers in my combat strategy. I'm sure she's pretty good, cus I've seen her do some pretty great stuff for other players, but She's never worked for my playing style: dies a lot and deals very little damage.

That's it for now!!

Cautious Daniel Clegg

Ensign
Jun 19, 2013
Out of the ENTIRE GAME, by far, there are four companions I hate:
4. Old Scratch- Everything that i have ever tried on him completely blows, lol he hardly ever hits, he usually fizzles.
3. Dai Bo (the helephant)-He is maxed level and he STILL gets blocked every time!!
2. Shiruku Neko-She has the worst dodge ever!!!!!!!! lol
1.Serpent Augur- She is always misses her hits, she doesn't fizzle, she just gets dodge by everything!!!

Mousy Isabel Tiller Lvl-65

Ensign
May 20, 2012
I would say I don't really like Old Scratch because he's not really a tank like any of my other companions, meaning he can't deal as much damage or take as much hits as the others.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
The crab hermit, the crazy monquistador and the monquistan knight monkey are my least favorite.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
captain whiebeard on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
He fizzles quite a lot but if you're a Privateer, he's okay. As a Witchdoctor he's beast.

Ensign
Aug 09, 2013
I see a lot of people here complaining about the starting companions when they probably aren't even promoted or at your level. A lot of starters complaining about Old Scratch, Bonnie Anne, and the Mooshu five having "no accuracy and weak attack, that's why I don't give them training points". Well honestly, the companions you think are weak and not accurate are the ones you should give all your training points to.

Old Scratch criticals a lot the farther you get if you give him the right abilities
Bonnie Anne can take out an Ophidian warrior by herself if she has the right talents
Same with the Mooshu five, they may be bad at the beginning but later on, they are the best of the best
Ratbeard gets better with every promotion, if you just give him the right stuff.

Basically, if a companion sucks, make them better. If one is weak, give them tough or rough. If one never hits, give them accurate. It's entirely dependent on whether you upgrade them or not.

Ensign
Mar 19, 2013
As a buccaneer, I have seen some of the most awful companions. The Watermole Slingman has to be the worst. You get him very early in the game, he has NO promotions, and comes with one of the worst epics in the game, Parting Shot. He doesn't even have critical strike!

Following him it would have to be Nadya. I put her second because she at least comes with an epic, I gave her vengeance strike. She comes with witch hunter which is also a terrible epic, and rouse, which is ok. She has barely any damage even after I gave her Rough 4!

Lastly I am going to have to go with my biggest waste of money, El Tiburon. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this guy, I must admit he looks awesome! However, He comes with turn the tide and flanking, my least favorite melee epic. For his epic I gave him vengeance strike, I assumed that he had a promotion, but man was I wrong.

Happy Orders!
-Jack Armstrong Level 65

Ensign
Oct 18, 2014
Valdrick on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
to me old scratch is the worst, its cool he can hit multple enimies, but he is so weak and his summon usually dies with one hit now that i am in cool ranch. next would have to be louie labisque, i cant stand having his weak harpoon on my team. "sigh" he gets blocked all the time and has terrible defense. Would like to see the ability to "sideline" my companions that i dont want.

Next i would summerize all the companions you get that dont have any special attacks other than epic abilites, i mean COME ON! they should be able to have one at least. those that usualy dont have an attack to use i keep on the bottom.
Personally, Old Scratch is my favorite companion (next to Ratbeard , of course). Once you get him promoted, he gets a lot stronger and more powerful. After his second promotion, he is nearly unstoppable! One thing that is super helpful is getting him "Improved Mojo Blast Rank 2" so that he is able to hit up to 9 enemies at a time.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2013
I've changed mine to, none! They are only bad if you choose the wrong Epics and Talents.
Except for Old Scratch.