Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
brynnecaela23 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
I don't really like Nurse Quinn. Whoops, I meant to say I HATE her.
I dont have Nurse Quinn but i have seen her in battle and i totally agree

Ensign
Jun 27, 2009
Doctor Noah is the worst companion for me. His accuracy doesnt do no good and dies quickly beside his heal spell but thats the only good of Noah.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
For me it's a tie between Nurse Quinn and the Crab Hermit from Valencia. They're both so extremely limited, they both die a LOT and, as of level 47, (I think) neither has gotten a meet-me-in-a-tavern upgrade.
Agreed.

Ensign
Dec 29, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
I think Old Scratch will be a lot more useful once they get the proposed change of summoned minions scaling with caster level. That takes Scratch from the bottom of the list to somewhere in the middle at least!
After the second promotion he now summons a skeleton corsair which has more health and does more damage.

I actually LOVE Old Scratch. I put the Mojo Echo's on him as well as increasing the area of his spells. Mojo Echo lets him hit several times in one turn. That's up to 3 times of 100-300 one one of the targets and 100-300 on all of them.

Hands down he's my favorite.

As for least, I don't really have the patience for Bonnie. I've seen her in other parties be awesome, but her super low health and inability to doge makes me feel like I have to babysit her when she steps out on the board.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
trelian5 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Batacuda is my favorite companion! obviously you dont give him enough points cause i have him at lvl 23 and he is really strong. as for my least favorite, ratbeard ratbeard ratbeard! i hate him cause mormo hates him and i like mormo.
Really? Ratbeard is one of my favorite and most powerful companions.
- Bristly Kevin

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Logansan on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
I don't really dislike any of them, but the one at the bottom of my roster is Jane Canary, she just dosn't seem to ever do anything special.
How do you get Jane Canary?

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
wiz11110 on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
How do you get Jane Canary?
In cool ranch you eventually get the seven back together with you taking Wyatt Chirp's place to break the wild bunch.
Once you beat the wild bunch you get one or more members of the seven joining your crew.
Jane Canary and Wild Bill Peacock join privateers
Buffalo Bill joins Swashbucklers
Bat Masterson joins witchdoctors
Billy the kidd joins Buccaneers
and Duck Holiday joins musketeers
You can of course get any that are for the other classes in the crown shop once you complete the required quest.

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
I didn't really like Gerard, my Sloth Guardsman, because he kept missing! I promoted him purposely to give him Second Chance, so I don't have a problem with him anymore . But as of now, I guess my least favorite companion is my Unicorn Duelist, as he has such a low amount of health an dies quite easily.

~Hasty Patrick

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
I play a witch doctor, but dislike all the witch doctor companions. Without the abilities they are far too weak.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
Five companions I dislike

-Nurse Quinn who lacks accuracy
-Batacuda with only one epic
-Crab Hermit, dodge is ok but not good with accuracy
-Mormo (until water mole obeah) who really is not fond with accuracy
-And you are probably gonna hate with this one but the last is Shiruku Neko, you cannot give her any talents

By: Loyal Francesco De Bouff AND Stormy Wolf Gordon

Francesco lvl 31
Wolf lvl 50

Ensign
Jan 10, 2011
My least favorite?? old scratch When I first saw his attacks I thought they were awesome but later on I figured
out he dies alot so I mostly put him back in my crew cause When he comes into battle I am like Oh great.
I know he is only good to use for the skeletal pirate summon because it just makes enemys go after the pirate while letting me run! So thats who is my least favorite companion!. -trevor silentsharp level 23

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Sensible Seamus on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
The Monquistan crossbowman is my least favorite! Even with the overwatch when he promotes he is still pretty weak. Also there is no mission to complete for his promotion just the doling out of 3000 gold! I paid only when I wasn't worried about it and it still was not worth it! Although it is cool when he takes a triple shot once in a blue moon!
Same with Tricky Vinny

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
zenkidkailen on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
In cool ranch you eventually get the seven back together with you taking Wyatt Chirp's place to break the wild bunch.
Once you beat the wild bunch you get one or more members of the seven joining your crew.
Jane Canary and Wild Bill Peacock join privateers
Buffalo Bill joins Swashbucklers
Bat Masterson joins witchdoctors
Billy the kidd joins Buccaneers
and Duck Holiday joins musketeers
You can of course get any that are for the other classes in the crown shop once you complete the required quest.
Thanks!

Ensign
Jun 09, 2011
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

I have to agree about Gaspard but my second least favorite companion is Barbunus he misses all the time and is very weak

Ensign
Sep 03, 2011
Least fav.?
Hes's so lame, i forgot his name,um, it's the monquistian who carrys the cross bow.

To be honest i dont even try to keep him alive he's so worthless.

So... i agree with wiz11110

Ensign
Mar 17, 2012
i don't have nurse Quinn bit the companion i least like is the you start out with they have hind of boring moves i mean really if he had now moves i would like him

from Charles Young

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012
CaptainAureus on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
I hate Kan Po. I upgraded him twice and he STILL dies every time. I also dont liek milo graytail. he rarely hits. - wicked scarlet, lvl 42 witchdoctor

Ensign
Jul 13, 2010
1. Gaspard. He misses a lot, and almost always gets hit for some reason :/.

2. Subodai, until he gets his Upgrade. Like the second reason above, Gets a lot of hits taken in.

I never knew saying my parents died from the Armada would end up in getting such a bad companion like Gaspard. He's the ONLY one of my companions that I very strongly dislike. I mean, I can put up with the Crazy Monquistador with the Crossbow, since he can help out with Bonnie Anne's strength.

I particularly am at a love/hate position with Nurse Quinn, however she is the only companion that can heal, and I can't do a strong heal since I'm a Swashbuckler. I dislike her because Enemies do seem to target her rather quickly, and her heals aren't very strong, but still work out in case of a near end battle.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
My Tyson Chicken Boxer makes me so annoyed. His laugh is almost as annoying as his usefulness. I can't stand the thing.

Lucas Walker Sky Commander Musketeer

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Nevermind, the Crab Hermit is my least favorite not Nurse Quinn. He can do nothing and dies in two turns, tops.
Bristly Kevin

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
SpearWizardsOn101 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
1. Gaspard. He misses a lot, and almost always gets hit for some reason :/.

2. Subodai, until he gets his Upgrade. Like the second reason above, Gets a lot of hits taken in.

I never knew saying my parents died from the Armada would end up in getting such a bad companion like Gaspard. He's the ONLY one of my companions that I very strongly dislike. I mean, I can put up with the Crazy Monquistador with the Crossbow, since he can help out with Bonnie Anne's strength.

I particularly am at a love/hate position with Nurse Quinn, however she is the only companion that can heal, and I can't do a strong heal since I'm a Swashbuckler. I dislike her because Enemies do seem to target her rather quickly, and her heals aren't very strong, but still work out in case of a near end battle.
There are several companions that can heal. Wing Chun, Kan Po, Bison chief, etc. Gaspard isn't a bad companion at all. Any companion can be marked awful if you can't use them properly. Once Gaspard promotes he becomes very powerful and even more powerful after his second promo quest at level 47. If you train companions useless talents, they will be useless themselves. My Gaspard De Vole is fully promoted and he is a great wall. He takes hits, blocks more than not, and dishes out a lot of damage. He actually criticals pretty often too.

Lucas Walker Sky Commander Musketeer

Ensign
Jul 16, 2012
crazykid878 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
Doctor Noah is the worst companion for me. His accuracy doesnt do no good and dies quickly beside his heal spell but thats the only good of Noah.
Could not agree more... He hardly ever hits. Doctor Noah may have the worst accuracy in the game, something like 48. I would not recommend anyone buying him until he is "fixed".

Ensign
Nov 21, 2012
1. Subodai: So sorry! I know you were my starting companion, but you kinda suck as of right now. From reading everyone's posts you get better when you upgrade, but that depends when I will actually start giving you my precious training tomes. I don't have much to complain about you, you block well, you hit with an OK amount of power, you don't miss much, but when I have companions like Ratbeard and Sarah Steele, I am SO not leveling up you. Sorry?

2. Old Scratch: At first I was like, yay, he hits multiple targets and he can make another skeleton, yay, you rock! Then I realized his companion is at least 4 levels lower then Old Scratch, and my Orchid Chameleon puts better dents on my enemies. However, considering what other people said, your skeleton is going to be the same level and better health and damage then you, I'm not complaining to much.

Ratbeard, Sarah and Bonnie make up for it though. I would rather have Bonnie out in the field shooting long distance then Old Scratch.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Shuffleupagus on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
Could not agree more... He hardly ever hits. Doctor Noah may have the worst accuracy in the game, something like 48. I would not recommend anyone buying him until he is "fixed".
How do you get doc. noah?