Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Veritable Slew of Suggestions!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
Companion EXP from battles (same as player receives). This would help reduce the struggle for level capped players to level up their companions and ease the heavy reliance on companion points. Someone needs to beat that companion point vendor for running the racket that he does. Perhaps we should speak to the Frogfather about this.

Give stats more meaning: Higher strength = bonus % to armor, Higher agility = bonus to accuracy &

dodge, higher will = bonus % to resistance. It seems wasteful to choose +4 strength over +4 damage, which may as well have said +20 strength because that's what it amounts to. If the main stats aren't contributing anything but to damage for specific weapons, then what advantage is it to the player to have a high wisdom, strength, or agility when there are items that boost damage directly?

Add inventory sorting (Sort by options like type, level, flags). I don't hit the vendor very often, and tend to rack up about 90+ items in my inventory before I decide enough is enough and to go sell them off. It'd be nice if I could sort them for easier viewing to see what I need to sell or what I may want to keep. It'd also be cool if I could send items to my bank from within town zones without having to port to my house (okay that may be asking too much).

What's with all of the health bonus only items 45+? There's a discontinuation of variety of stats on high level gear. Suddenly we go from having +5 dodge +5 damage gear to +58 hp. Dodge and Accuracy are the lifeblood of survival! I lose 180+ damage if I get hit even once, so why would I opt for gear that deprives me of survival stats in favor of solely hp? Almost all of the higher level gear tends to be hp only and it just seems strange.

Also, why is all witchdoctor clothing +resistance? considering how few enemies are casters it leaves
witchdoctors open to taking a lot of damage since we are forced to use lower level clothing to get our
+armor. I'm not saying that having +resistance items is a bad thing, just there appears to be NOTHING 40+ that offers witchdoctors +armor that we can reasonably wear. Just saying.

It would be AMAZING if you added Daily Quests (between 3-5 per day). With rewards like companion points and gold it would allow players to fill in the gap between new worlds opening up & hitting the level cap to have stuff to do each day. It'd be great if they had levels of difficulty as well, providing the more adept players a chance at favorable gear or novelty items such as housing items, pets, and maybe even the uber rare chance at a random companion.

Companions waste their skills such as Riposte where it may trigger twice but they defeat the opponent
before using the second. Could this be changed to where if they don't need it then it doesn't get used up?

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
Also it wouldn't fit in my main post:

It seems absurd that high level skills such as Mojo Storm can hit for less 200 damage yet other times hit for over 800. It seems sensible that this damage be based on a multiplier of our current damage range (eg. if your damage range was 45-96 then like an 8x multiplier equaling a possible Mojo Storm damage range of 360-768). Yet it appears to use either an exponential variable causing a wider range of possible damage or isn't using our current damage range at all. I noticed this on my ship when I upgraded my canons from +9 dmg to +16 (I think it is) and it changed nothing on my boats stats. I saw no increase in damage with my ship powers nor in general canon fire damage.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I have to say that I agree with the stat points.

I mean, it is not breaking the game, by any means, nor is it something that drastically affects gameplay at the moment, for me at least.

I'd think that Strength could increase armor rating. For example, every 5 strength would not only increase damage by 1 for slashy/smashy/choppy, but also increase the armor rating by 1. Will would have the same affect, but whereas it is armor for strength, you get resistance for will. Agility could contribute to either dodge, or accuracy.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Nov 13, 2012 wrote:
I have to say that I agree with the stat points.

I mean, it is not breaking the game, by any means, nor is it something that drastically affects gameplay at the moment, for me at least.

I'd think that Strength could increase armor rating. For example, every 5 strength would not only increase damage by 1 for slashy/smashy/choppy, but also increase the armor rating by 1. Will would have the same affect, but whereas it is armor for strength, you get resistance for will. Agility could contribute to either dodge, or accuracy.
I don't know if I agree, it could very well be breaking the game. The dodge on a level 50 swashbuckler is somewhere around a whopping 50 points higher than the dodge on a level 50 musketeer, at those levels the musketeer gets missed quite a bit but a swashbuckler already barely ever gets hit. 50 points is a lot.

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
I don't feel like giving a bonus other than +1 damage / 5 points to the stat points is game breaking. If anything, they serve very little purpose right now other than provide a minor base damage boost.

There are several ways to balance this within the game. One would be my previous suggestion of providing secondary bonuses to survival stats. Another would be to grant bonus card abilities when you have a certain amount of stats (50+ grants an exclusive ability card, 75+ grants a different one, and so on). Another would be to boost base minimum damage so that hits are more consistently stronger (since most player regular attack damage is considerably lower than even lower level companions).

I still strongly believe that giving companions the ability to gain experience from battle should be considered to ease the promotion point cost. Seems logical that if we as players get something from a battle, so should our companions. Even if it were as painfully slow as trying to level a player level from combat experience alone that's fine, it's contributing to ease the cost and that would be amazing.