Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

family friendly?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
I thought pirate101 was a family friendly game. Don't say it is because I have evidence. The dead bodies in blood shoals. Uh hello? Not really family friendly.

Fair Esperanza Drighton

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You could say they have been knocked out with the knock out potion so much, that their spirits have been knocked out of their bodies. Hehe.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2011
no that is family friendly i mean i think this game is E 10+

i mean its not like ten year olds really care about the sceletons

and what it means by family friendly is that people dont go around swearing

serena spenecers level 12 witchdoctor

mary green bloom level 56 life

Ensign
Feb 18, 2011
Those " dead bodies" were just supposed to be sleeping bodies.It says later in the game Ratbeard only meant to use knock-out-drops,and that they were switched with poisoned drops.And besides,I'm under 13 and it's not that bad!

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
RiverWhooshP101 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
I thought pirate101 was a family friendly game. Don't say it is because I have evidence. The dead bodies in blood shoals. Uh hello? Not really family friendly.

Fair Esperanza Drighton
the sherif rooster companion is smoking and thereby promoting a very bad image to kids, family friendly I'm not so convinced on many of the things I see

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
seasnake on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
the sherif rooster companion is smoking and thereby promoting a very bad image to kids, family friendly I'm not so convinced on many of the things I see
Um, I don't really see him doing that.

Administrator
seasnake on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Could you give me more details concerning this? Rooster Cogburn has a little red wattle that you may be confusing for something else, but if there is a particular promotion tier of Rooster Cogburn that is appearing as smoking, that would be something we'd want to look at changing.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
RiverWhooshP101 on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:

Fair Esperanza Drighton
Riana

Cartoons have just about the same thing in them. Casper one very well known family/kid movie has ghost in it , well that is what makes that movie. Most cartoons even back when I was a kid had some mild violence in them? Look at Tom and Jerry. The cat would get hit and turn into a ghost on many occasions.

I really thought this part of the game was well done in the means of, we had to help them. For more info on the game rating check out this link https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/esrb_rating

Myself I love playing with family and hearing the kids laugh when they read something funny.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Oh come on...

Family friendly doesn't mean you turn Pirate101 into Chuck E Cheese.

Family friendly normally means no blood, no gore, no sex, no swearing. Everything you see in Pirate101 you would see in a Disney animated film.

I think you protest too much.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Dominooooo on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
Um, I don't really see him doing that.
Yeah all he is doing is holding up one of his sparkshooters to his face