Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tactics! Tips and Tricks, and good strategy.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 14, 2012
I almost don't really see the need for a guide. I beat everything in the game solo and didn't have any trouble what so ever. I agree with seasnake, riposte accuracy and dodge help out a lot. There were a few fights to where I didn't even have to attack. I just passed and still beat the enemy from all the extra epic talents. Almost too easy if you ask me. Hopefully the game gets a lot harder.

Merciless Martin Roland

Community Leader
Talkin The Plank on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Avoiding damage, especially later in the game, can be more advantageous than one extra hit. However, it would be nice if Buck's got Relentless to make up for the +dodge taking vengeance strike away, essentially. I like the high survivability that dodge gives, but need a little extar oompf from my Pirate.
I understand, but then the synopsis of what YOU seem to be saying here is this.

The epic talents a buccaneer gets to make up for the lack of other attacks/moves that many other classes get are basically useless later in the game. So your buccaneer will become worse and worse as the game continues.

Perhaps there is something that KI needs to look at here.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
I understand, but then the synopsis of what YOU seem to be saying here is this.

The epic talents a buccaneer gets to make up for the lack of other attacks/moves that many other classes get are basically useless later in the game. So your buccaneer will become worse and worse as the game continues.

Perhaps there is something that KI needs to look at here.
Buck's need review for sure. I was fighting the Monkey King Doppelgangers last night with my lvl 49 buck. I got a bad draw for 2nd companion so had a rough fight of it. Both crew members died and it was just my Buck and 2 doppelgangers. They couldn't hit me, and I only connected with them every 4th hit. I don't think they hit me even once. It was ridiculous. That was kind of weird circumstances, to be sure, but i haven't really gone out of my way to stack dodge. In fact, I'm currently using two of the gear pieces from the Admiral's bundle (lvl 45 version) which have a few stats that I wouldn't normally go after. In this case, I think being higher level than my opponent caused me to do less damage and almost ended in a stalemate, since I didn't want to run all the way back.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!