Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can witchdoctor companions get mojo rising?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Right now it would really help if I wasn't forced to only have mojo echo as my only method of having my companion chain in combat against non-witchdoctors. So can we please have that added in?

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
piratical505 on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
Right now it would really help if I wasn't forced to only have mojo echo as my only method of having my companion chain in combat against non-witchdoctors. So can we please have that added in?
I asked that about a year ago, and the simple answer is this: Witchdoctor companions don't normally get mojo rising because they learn increased mojo blast instead. These witchdoctors were designed to have an AoE attack, not to combo. If they had both, that would make them ridiculous.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
There are WD companions that have mojo rising but none of them are good (Eep Orp Ark is one but he costs crowns), the reason I think most don't have mojo rising is because they rely more on powers. The team my witchdoctor brings consists of Old Scratch, Mormo and Carcarius. All of which have powers, (i.e. Jobu's breath for scratch, Mojo Storm for Mormo, Mojo Blade for Mormo and Mutineer's Grasp for Mormo and Jobu's Embrace for Carcarius). If you use the spell power buff on Old Scratch, your powers can do some serious damage, eliminating the need for Mojo Rising.

Lvl 70
Lvl 57
Lvl 20

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
That's good but still lacking, first off the AoE attacks are powerful, but only work initially on the first attack. I could have them learn that as they promote and still have the same effect. Secondly yes the powers are amazing, but not everyone will always use a ton of witchdoctors in every fight I.e. that theory only applies to witchdoctor players, take buccaneers for example, spell power in most cases is useless for them so a witchdoctor companion (which they get near none of) should be able to hold their own and support without the need of boosted powers. So I still say, witchdoctor companions should have mojo rising, because only being able to attack 3 times against an enemy isn't all its cracked up to be.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
The reason most don't have mojo rising is because they already have iproved mojo blast, couple taht up with mojo rising and witches would be overpowered

Of course there are at least three companions I can think of right now which can get mojo rising as an epic because they don't have improved mojo blast

Crab Hermit: no one uses him but mojo rising is an available epic and the only companion I know which can recieve retribution

Pig Necromancer: he can recieve mojo rising and is actually a really good companion despite him having no promotion (Altough one will come soon) privateers recieve this companion through they story line or he is available to purchase from the crown shop for 3000 crowns ( a steal for how good he is)

Ep orp oh? Eep ah ok nah ah? However you pronounce his name the Troggy chief is also an excellent companion who can recieve mojo rising

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Improved mojo blast in my mind is not good enough a reason, why would it make witchdoctors "OP" when it only works on the initial attack? You guys are talking like this power activates with every attack, but that's not how it works.