Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bugs Galore!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
The following bugs are what I have encountered while questing throughout Valencia Part 2.
Of course this will not address every single bug in the update.

1. All the cutscenes do not work in the Machine when doing the dungeon with 2 or more people.
2. Kane has no victory animation.
3. Contessa has no greeting when you click on her companion page/portrait.
4. Contessa has no animation when she misses her attack.
5. Contessa makes no sounds/comments when you give her an order (both inside and outside of combat)
6. The beginning of the El Dorado puppet show severely lags.
7. The Resistance Puppet Show features multiple spelling errors and has a too big text size.
8. The Mancotti instance (with Commander Typhon) is not repeatable.
9. After the first battle in Hande's Hideout in Scrimshaw, after you talk to the npc, you'd be pulled into another battle, and after that one, you'd have to talk to the npc yet again and repeat the same battle. (Ricky Ticky Tabby)
10. The Villa Vandalo side quest is still bugged. Once you talk to Vandalo and fight his guards, you have to talk to him yet again and repeat the same battle.
11. Mounts are still allowed in various indoor places in Florenza.
12. There are 2 transportalers in Valencia.
13. There are no story recaps in Valencia part 2 (Previously on Pirate101......)
14. There is no team up in Valencia part 2.
15. There is no group plunder chests throughout the battles in Valencia part 2.
16. Many spelling errors and mismatched text in various side quests.
17. In many quests throughout Valencia, our companions sometimes appear with their tier 1 promotion. (For example, when first talking to Avery to go back to Valencia)
18. Blast of Discord can be trained at level 58.
19. Contessa does not have a title under her name.
20. After finishing the 2nd Battle of the Machine dungeon, your main quest switches to talk to Avery, allowing you to completely skip the final battle with Kane.
21. Text mismatches with Bob Carrington.
22. You can wind up in other player's instances in the Cave of Woe (with the orange rocks)
23. A Swashbuckler robe from Kane has no model that sticks to the player's model in the over world causing it to go invisible.
24. The main storyline quests only get you up to level 68.
25. On the Calabria Skyway Map, next to the Polaris Stormgate shows a vortex yet there is no vortex in the overworld.
Once again, these are not all the bugs in the update, only the ones I have encountered. I would like to see some of these fixes make it into the next patch.

Administrator
We have an update coming very soon that will fix the majority of these bugs. After the update, let's review this list again.

As for having two transportalers in Valencia . . . think of it as a feature instead of a bug.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
wizardrocks969 on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
The following bugs are what I have encountered while questing throughout Valencia Part 2.
Of course this will not address every single bug in the update.

1. All the cutscenes do not work in the Machine when doing the dungeon with 2 or more people.
2. Kane has no victory animation.
3. Contessa has no greeting when you click on her companion page/portrait.
4. Contessa has no animation when she misses her attack.
5. Contessa makes no sounds/comments when you give her an order (both inside and outside of combat)
6. The beginning of the El Dorado puppet show severely lags.
7. The Resistance Puppet Show features multiple spelling errors and has a too big text size.
8. The Mancotti instance (with Commander Typhon) is not repeatable.
9. After the first battle in Hande's Hideout in Scrimshaw, after you talk to the npc, you'd be pulled into another battle, and after that one, you'd have to talk to the npc yet again and repeat the same battle. (Ricky Ticky Tabby)
10. The Villa Vandalo side quest is still bugged. Once you talk to Vandalo and fight his guards, you have to talk to him yet again and repeat the same battle.
11. Mounts are still allowed in various indoor places in Florenza.
12. There are 2 transportalers in Valencia.
13. There are no story recaps in Valencia part 2 (Previously on Pirate101......)
14. There is no team up in Valencia part 2.
15. There is no group plunder chests throughout the battles in Valencia part 2.
16. Many spelling errors and mismatched text in various side quests.
17. In many quests throughout Valencia, our companions sometimes appear with their tier 1 promotion. (For example, when first talking to Avery to go back to Valencia)
18. Blast of Discord can be trained at level 58.
19. Contessa does not have a title under her name.
20. After finishing the 2nd Battle of the Machine dungeon, your main quest switches to talk to Avery, allowing you to completely skip the final battle with Kane.
21. Text mismatches with Bob Carrington.
22. You can wind up in other player's instances in the Cave of Woe (with the orange rocks)
23. A Swashbuckler robe from Kane has no model that sticks to the player's model in the over world causing it to go invisible.
24. The main storyline quests only get you up to level 68.
25. On the Calabria Skyway Map, next to the Polaris Stormgate shows a vortex yet there is no vortex in the overworld.
Once again, these are not all the bugs in the update, only the ones I have encountered. I would like to see some of these fixes make it into the next patch.
You forgot these bugs...

Bug #26: Many characters' portraits, in Valencia I & II, especially Commander Typhon & Contessa Argento, have portraits that don't properly match their in-game models. I mean, just look at them. Some colors don't even match their models.

Bug #27: Many companions have incorrect portraits, even class chosen ones, that don't reflect their current tier statuses' models in Valencia II's many quests.

Bug #28: Contessa Argento have no unique critical music stingers in her critical attack animations, which she also has none.

Bug #29: Contessa Argento doesn't have her Guaranteed Critical Strike power card back in her power suite, like how she had on Test.

How's that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As for "bug" 24, this is a much smaller book than previous books which allowed a more leisurely progress. Doing the side quests will give you the necessary levels, you'll even have a side quest or two left over!
Look at my post "Guide to Valencian 2 side quests" for the experience amounts and rewards.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Trimond297 on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
You forgot these bugs...

Bug #26: Many characters' portraits, in Valencia I & II, especially Commander Typhon & Contessa Argento, have portraits that don't properly match their in-game models. I mean, just look at them. Some colors don't even match their models.

Bug #27: Many companions have incorrect portraits, even class chosen ones, that don't reflect their current tier statuses' models in Valencia II's many quests.

Bug #28: Contessa Argento have no unique critical music stingers in her critical attack animations, which she also has none.

Bug #29: Contessa Argento doesn't have her Guaranteed Critical Strike power card back in her power suite, like how she had on Test.

How's that?
As for bug 29, when she was redone this was removed on purpose in place of gallant defense and assassin's strike

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
lol, I guess that's less cleaning for the maintenance crew of the houses in Valencia 2 once these mounts stays outside.