Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Quest "Due Unto Others" is incompletable.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
I decided to do a few Valencian side quests so that I could get a full taste of book 15. I managed to complete all side quests without any issues, with the exceptions of "Due Unto Others" and "Garden State of Emergency" (in this post, I'm only stating my issues on Due Unto Others; I might post a bug report on Garden State of Emergency later). Anyways, this quest sent me to a dungeon. When I entered the dungeon, I spoke to the NPC (the NPC's name is Luigi) until he called on his guards to attack me. Now oddly enough, while battling the guards, I noticed that Luigi still had the question mark icon above his head. After successfully beating the guards, I spoke to Luigi again, but he said the exact same thing prior to the guard's encounter. After hearing the same thing again, the guards reappeared, however this time I couldn't battle them at all. The quest arrow was telling me that I needed to fight the guards, but I couldn't, no mattered what I tried. So because of this issue, the side quest "Due Unto Others" cannot be completed, as far as I know. This issue is similar to the "My Uncle Bob" quest bug, in the instance where you're forced to fight Ricky Ticky Tabby again, despite beating him the first time - if you are familiar with that bug, that is. Please look into fixing this issue. I may address the issues of the "Garden State of Emergency" sidequest soon, but in the meantime I hope you find a solution to this bug.

See you in the Spiral

Community Leader
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
I decided to do a few Valencian side quests so that I could get a full taste of book 15. I managed to complete all side quests without any issues, with the exceptions of "Due Unto Others" and "Garden State of Emergency" (in this post, I'm only stating my issues on Due Unto Others; I might post a bug report on Garden State of Emergency later). Anyways, this quest sent me to a dungeon. When I entered the dungeon, I spoke to the NPC (the NPC's name is Luigi) until he called on his guards to attack me. Now oddly enough, while battling the guards, I noticed that Luigi still had the question mark icon above his head. After successfully beating the guards, I spoke to Luigi again, but he said the exact same thing prior to the guard's encounter. After hearing the same thing again, the guards reappeared, however this time I couldn't battle them at all. The quest arrow was telling me that I needed to fight the guards, but I couldn't, no mattered what I tried. So because of this issue, the side quest "Due Unto Others" cannot be completed, as far as I know. This issue is similar to the "My Uncle Bob" quest bug, in the instance where you're forced to fight Ricky Ticky Tabby again, despite beating him the first time - if you are familiar with that bug, that is. Please look into fixing this issue. I may address the issues of the "Garden State of Emergency" sidequest soon, but in the meantime I hope you find a solution to this bug.

See you in the Spiral
This was a bug reported in test, and had appeared to be fixed, or at least worked around.
Originally in test it was working exactly as you'd described.

Just before it went live, it was requiring us to battle the guards twice but then proceed to next step normally, just making us fight the guards twice. It worked for me in live realm so far, but I wonder if something else was fixed, breaking this again! Arg!

One way around it in test was to do the dungeon with a full party of pirates, might try that!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
It still requires us to fight twice before the quest can be completed. It's still a bug that needs to be fixed, but can be worked around (by fighting twice).

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
This was a bug reported in test, and had appeared to be fixed, or at least worked around.
Originally in test it was working exactly as you'd described.

Just before it went live, it was requiring us to battle the guards twice but then proceed to next step normally, just making us fight the guards twice. It worked for me in live realm so far, but I wonder if something else was fixed, breaking this again! Arg!

One way around it in test was to do the dungeon with a full party of pirates, might try that!
Still, it's a bug regardless.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
This happened to me also, and it has to do with the fact that finishing the dialogue the first time does not change your objective. Doing the battle twice fixes this glitch.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A workaround was proposed on Pirate101 Central, and I used it successfully just now with my musketeer. Speak to Luigi the second time BEFORE collecting all of the treasure chests after defeating the guards. Then, when you have collected the last chest, the quest finishes and you are able to speak with Luigi and leave peacefully.

Ensign
Jun 11, 2011
Yet another glitch with Luggi, in Due Unto Others. I successfully beat both fights as I was solo'ing if. When I got back to the Library the librarian failed to give me the next segment of the quest that takes you to Valencia One in Sivella.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Thomas Battletamer on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
Yet another glitch with Luggi, in Due Unto Others. I successfully beat both fights as I was solo'ing if. When I got back to the Library the librarian failed to give me the next segment of the quest that takes you to Valencia One in Sivella.
If you haven't recruited the Contessa, you need to do that and go back. She has a speaking part in several side quests.

You have to have completed the quest Subterranean Subterfuge.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thomas Battletamer on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
Had you recruited the Contessa? She has dialogue for that quest. There are several quests that require you to have either recruited Contessa or turned in a first part.
"Look to the Skies" from a Guinea Pig in front of the Copernicum. Requires Contessa
"Strike Force" from a Unicorn in the Main Plaza. Requires completing the first quest to the Manicotti Atrium.