Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Any new pets?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Okay, Decius, i have a question:

Did the latest expansion update add new pets? prefearbly ones that use Pirate like weapons?

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I got one as battle drop in Valencia 2, it's a blue bird with long bill. It's called the scared/royal ibis, not sure the exact name. I'm not sure if it's a random drop or a reward or by pet wrangling to obtain one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have 2 Yetis from Kane. BTW Decius, I love the design on this little guy - somewhat like Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are.
I also got the Royal Ibis from a companion doing Pet Wranglin'.

Ensign
Feb 04, 2012
not sure if their new but theres a salesman in florenza that offers some fish (hurry save them before they become sushi!)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have the Royal Ibis - mine came from pet wranglin'

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
I have 2 Yetis from Kane. BTW Decius, I love the design on this little guy - somewhat like Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are.
I also got the Royal Ibis from a companion doing Pet Wranglin'.
I wish I could take credit for the way they look, but our very talented artists do that.
Looks like people have only found 2 of the new ones. There are a few more out there hiding.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
I wish I could take credit for the way they look, but our very talented artists do that.
Looks like people have only found 2 of the new ones. There are a few more out there hiding.
he he he ty kind sir for the info.. mind if I ask if any of these make a hybrid? and if not willing to answer that, is there a handful or a dozen hidden pets floating around? final question if you dont mind encouraging our excitement, are they all in VA2? or might they be scattered across the spiral? so exciting! :D
on last KI Live (which was epic fun!) I thought I understood you to say something along the lines of "when considering hybrid theories, think about the pets names" ever since that comment quite a few of us are considering the possibilities, as far as star wars inspirations brave hunter young had an idea of trying the sarloc to hans grouper, while mine was stardust chameleon to sarloc spawn. I also was thinking ROYAL ibis + IMPERIAL lion=? purple ibis?(Kelsey firehearts hope) or possibly that blue-maned imp-type lion outside of the tent. My other recent theory razorback hoggle + Everest yeti=? connection mountain and when I mentioned it to brave hunter young he suggested a couple of mountains are white letters when typed into chat box so we are hopeful..
ty to all of KI for all you do for us we are very grateful anytime yall take time to read and/or respond to us :)
stormy jen silver
p.s. I hope you had a wonderful fathers day weekend! hugs and cookies to all daddies at KI much love <333

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Wild guess here

Does the pretender in Calabria Skyway drop any new pets

Or are you going to pretend that my hoodoo didn't ist reveal the location of these pets

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
nativepride16 on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
not sure if their new but theres a salesman in florenza that offers some fish (hurry save them before they become sushi!)
Someone mentioned this a while back... I think they're commemorative fish honoring the late actor Alan Rickman...
Hans Grouper (Die Hard)
Grognar's (SIC) Hammerhead Shark (Galaxy Quest).

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Well for the new pets that arrived with VA2, every one makes at least 1 hybrid, some make 10 or more.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
There is a Yeti pet in pirates

That was a surprise, hmm I wonder if there is clockwork battle angle or even a Deacon,Rook or Kane himself and the rest of the elite clockworks as a pet that would be a nice addition. That would funny, if a pet version of Deacon,Rook,Bishop,Queen or Kane to use when facing these elite clockworks. (I'm sorry Phule )

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
Well for the new pets that arrived with VA2, every one makes at least 1 hybrid, some make 10 or more.
no words! ty ty ty!
stormy jen silver

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
TucsonWizard on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
Someone mentioned this a while back... I think they're commemorative fish honoring the late actor Alan Rickman...
Hans Grouper (Die Hard)
Grognar's (SIC) Hammerhead Shark (Galaxy Quest).
There is another one out there that was found that is part of that tribute.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Here are the other pets suggested on Alan Rickman tribute pet thread:

--A Judge Terrapin? (A turtle with one of those white judicial wigs) (Sweeney Todd).

--A Lil' Depressed Golem? (Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy).

--A Severus Snipe (some books and movies... can't remember exactly; possibly to obscure).

A Severus Snake could also work. Fiorenza and I are playing around with the Hans Grouper and the Jingle Rattler at the moment (When Hans was being naughty in Die Hard, it was at a Christmas party, after all). The Paper Chain snake is also a possibility.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
SERIOURSLY! i made this TOPIC for a ANSWER, but i havent got any satifying answers.

The kind Of pets i love, are ones like the Mini Minotaur.

( Ive been pet wrangling for days just to get the MINI mioutaur but so far no luck. and its been over a month since i started!!!!!!!)

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
pirate crusher on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
SERIOURSLY! i made this TOPIC for a ANSWER, but i havent got any satifying answers.

The kind Of pets i love, are ones like the Mini Minotaur.

( Ive been pet wrangling for days just to get the MINI mioutaur but so far no luck. and its been over a month since i started!!!!!!!)
There are no new ones this update that hold weapons as you were requesting. Mini-Taurs take a long time to find. I will send a search party out into the wilds of Aquila to try to find a new species, but it may take them quite a while to return. For now, Hatch up some of the Ibis' they are fun and like to juggle.