Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Power Ideas?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
So, with the new update coming out, I can't help but think about ideas for new powers. I've had several in mind for quite a while now, but I feel like the possibilities are endless (well for witch/privy anyways). And I'm talking about the powers that are not the level 70 ones in test realm. So what do you think? Some of these powers are more centered around PvP.

Buccaneer:
Punishment
Deals 0.5x weapon power for area damage for every buff for each unit. Takes one turn off of the buff. (For example, A WD has a fort, Flow, Mojo, Flow! , and a Crow's Song, and Scratch, who is next to the WD has only a Flow, Mojo, Flow!. The WD takes 300 damage, and Scratch takes 100, but the timers for the buffs drop down by one turn) Does not activate epics.

Swashbuckler:
Retaliate
Deal 1x weapon power. 5 x weapon power if used on the turn after a companion dies. Cannot critical. Reduce 50% Weapon power for 3 turns after. (So let's say a buckler is in hide, and their fan just dies. The buckler has 300 damage. Normally, it would only do 600 with hide, but since fan died, it now does 3000, but gets his weapon power reduced for 3 turns)

Musketeer:
Hurricane of Explosives (?)
So you know how the knock backs used to actually knock them back if they hit? Well these bombs also have the kind of push back effect, but also lays knock back bombs in the square if the square is not filled after the chance of push backs. Does the same damage as Tempest of Torpedoes

Witchdoctor:
Perish Song
An area mournsong basically
1.5x spell power to a 3x3 square, with 0.5x spell power bleeding.

Privateer:
Valor's Castle
20% protection buff for all adjacent allies (does not include pirate), for 5 turns.

So what do you think about them?

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Celestialmaster147 on Jun 8, 2016 wrote:
So, with the new update coming out, I can't help but think about ideas for new powers. I've had several in mind for quite a while now, but I feel like the possibilities are endless (well for witch/privy anyways). And I'm talking about the powers that are not the level 70 ones in test realm. So what do you think? Some of these powers are more centered around PvP.

Buccaneer:
Punishment
Deals 0.5x weapon power for area damage for every buff for each unit. Takes one turn off of the buff. (For example, A WD has a fort, Flow, Mojo, Flow! , and a Crow's Song, and Scratch, who is next to the WD has only a Flow, Mojo, Flow!. The WD takes 300 damage, and Scratch takes 100, but the timers for the buffs drop down by one turn) Does not activate epics.

Swashbuckler:
Retaliate
Deal 1x weapon power. 5 x weapon power if used on the turn after a companion dies. Cannot critical. Reduce 50% Weapon power for 3 turns after. (So let's say a buckler is in hide, and their fan just dies. The buckler has 300 damage. Normally, it would only do 600 with hide, but since fan died, it now does 3000, but gets his weapon power reduced for 3 turns)

Musketeer:
Hurricane of Explosives (?)
So you know how the knock backs used to actually knock them back if they hit? Well these bombs also have the kind of push back effect, but also lays knock back bombs in the square if the square is not filled after the chance of push backs. Does the same damage as Tempest of Torpedoes

Witchdoctor:
Perish Song
An area mournsong basically
1.5x spell power to a 3x3 square, with 0.5x spell power bleeding.

Privateer:
Valor's Castle
20% protection buff for all adjacent allies (does not include pirate), for 5 turns.

So what do you think about them?
For the buccaneer one, nah. The class isn't about removing buffs. That's more like a witchdoctor thing. The closest to removing buffs is the debuff charge series. Nor is the class about doing increasing damage depending on the enemies stats.

Same with the swash one kinda, retaliate is more like a privateer move. Privateers are all about their companions and they're usually weak so it'd make sense if they had that power and not swashbucklers. A power that can't go critical when given to a damage class isn't a very good fit imo.

Muskteer one sounds good lol. Witchdoctor one also sounds too.

The Valor's castle also sounds very good lol.

I'd suggest swashbucklers get a card called "Flurry of Steel" Which is basically dance of steel (but actually strong) dealing X2 damage to all adjacent enemy units. Then it adds dodge and Triggers first strike so that they have a higher chance of dodging.

For buccaneers, i'd say they get "Reckless March" which is practically reckless frenzy but x2 range. However, they move from target to target and with each target they move to, they lose both 5% health and 5% accuracy. When they do inevitably miss, their health is halved (whatever the current number is)

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
For the buccaneer one, nah. The class isn't about removing buffs. That's more like a witchdoctor thing. The closest to removing buffs is the debuff charge series. Nor is the class about doing increasing damage depending on the enemies stats.

Same with the swash one kinda, retaliate is more like a privateer move. Privateers are all about their companions and they're usually weak so it'd make sense if they had that power and not swashbucklers. A power that can't go critical when given to a damage class isn't a very good fit imo.

Muskteer one sounds good lol. Witchdoctor one also sounds too.

The Valor's castle also sounds very good lol.

I'd suggest swashbucklers get a card called "Flurry of Steel" Which is basically dance of steel (but actually strong) dealing X2 damage to all adjacent enemy units. Then it adds dodge and Triggers first strike so that they have a higher chance of dodging.

For buccaneers, i'd say they get "Reckless March" which is practically reckless frenzy but x2 range. However, they move from target to target and with each target they move to, they lose both 5% health and 5% accuracy. When they do inevitably miss, their health is halved (whatever the current number is)
Blast of Discord doesn't really fir for pricy imo, but it happened. There are many possibilities that can open up as new worlds are coming out.

I think privateer is a very versatile class, when there isn't anything that really makes it melee or magic. Retaliate seems more like a melee attack, and I feel like putting a power with so much damage isn't something that a support class would use. The damage, with a 10x weapon power multiplier with a hide ka incredibly deadly, and so imagine a critical, which would probably do 6,000 damage. Even with a fort, it would nearly kill a privateer